Vectornator - Graphic Design 4+
Illustration, UI, Logo, Art
Vectornator is a revolutionary design platform that empowers graphic designers, marketing designers, and illustrators to visualize their ideas.
From beautiful illustrations and graphic layouts to striking logos and lettering, you can do it all with Vectornator’s powerful tools and features. Our iPadOS app is optimized for iPad Pro and Apple Pencil, and we also support third party styluses. The iOS version is touch-friendly, allowing you to draw from your phone with your finger tips. And for those who prefer to design on a desktop, the macOS app is perfect for working with a drawing tablet, or a keyboard and mouse. With iCloud sync, your documents will sync across all devices, allowing you to design anywhere, at any time.
POWERFUL VECTOR TOOLS
- Create pinpoint Bézier curves with our Pen Tool. You can edit the direction and angle of your paths with the Node Tool.
- Paint fluid vector shapes with our pressure-sensitive, customizable Brush Tool.
- Turn any raster image into vector paths in one tap using Auto Trace. This feature comes with three modes for different use cases – Sketch, Photography, and Illustration.
- Draw geometric shapes, such as rectangles, circles, and polygons, with the Shape Tool.
- Sculpt complex illustrations and logos from combined shapes using the Shape Builder.
- Use advanced vector tools such as corner radius, Boolean operations, and outlining paths.
- Add beautiful fonts with our Text Tool. You’ll have control over line height, kerning, and tracking.
- Our Layers Tab features fully-editable nested groups, so you can organize your designs with ease.
- The Inspector Tab lets you view and edit the properties of your selected objects, layers, and artboards.
- Work with multiple artboards in a single document for an optimal UI and Web design experience.
COLORS AND GRADIENTS
- Our Color Picker supports gradients, palettes, hex codes, HSB, RGB, color blending, and wide color gamut.
- Import color palettes from third-party tools, or create a new palette from a photo.
- The Quick Actions Bar takes the most useful tools and options and puts them below your selected object, significantly speeding up your workflow.
- Intuitive gesture controls allow you to move around your canvas, undo or redo an action, clear, copy, paste, control tools, and find useful menus at your fingertips.
- Keyboard shortcuts allow you to design quickly and efficiently.
- Insert values using sliders or achieve even more precision with a keypad.
- Move your objects point-by-point with our built-in Joystick controls.
- Easily align, group, mask, order, scale, rotate, duplicate, or delete your objects.
- Iconator is home to a vast library of over 80,000 royalty-free icons for you to use in your designs.
- Our Unsplash integration gives you access to over 1 million royalty-free, high-resolution images.
- Use Fontinator to express yourself with endless fonts.
- In-app Camera Scanner for quickly photographing and importing sketches into Vectornator.
MULTI FILE SUPPORT
- Import or drag and drop files directly into Vectornator (JPEG, PNG, TIFF, HEIC, PDF, SVG, Sketch, Figma, and AI).
- Export and share your creations in raster and vector file formats (JPG, PNG, PDF, SVG, and AI).
- Capture and export your creative process with time-lapse videos.
- Compatible with Adobe Illustrator and Creative Cloud.
- Supports digital input devices such as Apple Pencil, Bamboo Slate, and Bamboo Folio.
Do you have any questions or feedback? Contact us at email@example.com
Read more about Vectornator on www.vectornator.io
Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and TikTok @vectornator. Subscribe to our YouTube channel, and like our Facebook page.
Hey there Vectornators! In this update, we have made the following improvements to the app:
SMART GUIDES FOR ARTBOARDS
- Smart Guides now apply to Artboards, enabling snapping and guide display when moving and resizing Artboards.
- This enhanced functionality offers improved precision and alignment, resulting in more polished and professional designs.
SMART GUIDES AS DEFAULT SETTING
- Smart Guides are enabled by default when a document is created to improve the user workflow speed and precision.
UPDATED NAMING SYSTEM FOR ELEMENTS
- The improved naming feature helps users manage and organize their designs by assigning individual names to each element.
- By default, shapes and groups are created with consecutive indexation, such as "Rectangle 1," "Rectangle 2," "Group 1," "Group 2," etc.
NEW SHORTCUT FOR RENAMING OF SELECTED OBJECTS
- You can now use the shortcut cmd + r to quickly rename selected objects.
- It renames the top layer if multiple objects are selected and the active layer if none are selected.
OPTIMIZED IMAGE PERFORMANCE
- The high memory consumption while working with images on Artboards has been dramatically improved.
- Now, you can enjoy moving images around Artboards smoothly with zero performance issues.
We’re constantly striving to improve the quality of our software, and to do this, we need your feedback! Feel free to ask us questions, give opinions, and share ideas. We’re always happy to connect with our users. You can contact us directly in the Vectornator Forum or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you enjoy using Vectornator, please rate the app and share your review. Thank you for being part of our community!
Ratings and Reviews
The free illustration app Vectornator brings the power of vector graphics to all your devices, whether you’re creating on Mac, iPhone, or iPad. It gives beginner and pro artists alike the tools they need to create highly detailed and scalable drawings—whether for a company logo, website mock-up, or home-renovation plan.
I just found this app about 1 year ago and love it. The ability to have multiple art boards open is a huge benefit over Inkscape. I just custom made two fonts (two versions of two fonts) over the past two weeks. This was because the font making program was not easy to use but could import SVG files for the fonts. Had about 300 art boards open at one time for about 150 characters. Unfortunately i want to embed the fonts and may need to use Word which does not play nice with SVG files. Looking for a workaround now. I just read the review from 6 months ago who said this was too complex. I disagree 100%. It took me a day to figure out to unclick the fill and only use the stroke to quickly create shapes and lines like I used to do in MS word. After that it was very intuitive and very powerful. In addition to making fonts, I made a coat of arms. Will also start making clip arts for books. 2 year update. I still love this app. I used it to create two different fonts. Each required to creation of about 150 artboards for the characters to export to a font generator program. I also made a file with over 100 clip arts I expect to use later.
1 year update. I am now working on an art style to project to improve my drawing skills to illustrate my own book. How items are grouped has been much improved to help work flow.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for choosing Vectornator! We are incredibly pleased to hear your kind feedback, it inspires us to work even harder to keep improving our tool for you. Stay with us for more cool features! Cheers 🎉
Awesome app until the IOS14 update
This app was awesome but now after I updated to the new update for iOS 14 I feel like some stuff doesnt work. I can’t change the size of a text box after I make it. The node tool is suppose to change it but I can only select it. The selection tool also doesnt do anything. It just shows the anchor points but I can’t select them or select anything else. I have to change off of it to do anything. I thought the node tool adds anchor points if you wanted but it won’t do a single thing aside from being able to move it.
EDIT: So it seems that on one of the things I was working on before and after the update was having the problem. Right after the update I started working on it again and I was having the issues with the selection tool not being able to do anything along with the other stuff but I just tried again and it’s perfect. So I’m not sure what the issue was but it’s good now. Maybe the update just needed time? One thing I m wondering though is if a shortcut or another way to input trademark (and things like it) logos. I tried doing it (I have an iPad) and it just disappears when inputted. I checked the color and everything, it takes up the space for a symbol but isn’t there.
Developer Response ,
Very sorry to hear that you have faced all these issues with text editing in the latest app version. I tried to reproduce them on our end, but no luck, everything works perfectly. I can easily select the anchor points and resize the text box using the Selection tool. That's why I have to ask for your help. Could you please get in touch via email email@example.com to discuss everything in details! Please stay in touch with us, we would like to help.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- Usage Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Linearity GmbH
- 410.8 MB
- Graphics & Design
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 15.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 12.0 or later.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- © 2023 Linearity GmbH