SALE NOW ON - Free full feature trial plus 40% off.
Affinity Designer 2 for iPad takes the power and precision of the Apple Design Award-winning desktop app and converts it into an incredible touch-focused creative experience. Packed with tons of new features and hundreds of enhancements to optimize your workflow, the graphic design app has everything you need to seamlessly create stunning illustrations, branding, logos, icons, UI/UX designs, print projects, typography, posters, labels, flyers, stickers, concept art, digital art, and much more – all completely free from the confines of your desk.
OPTIMIZED FOR IPAD
• Fully integrated and optimized iPad gesture controls to speed up your workflow
• iOS16 ready, including optimization for virtual memory swap, dramatically increasing performance on large documents.
• Sensitive to pressure, tilt, and angle, the app harnesses the full power and precision of Apple Pencil
• Command controller hosting on-screen modifiers
• Quick Menu for context-sensitive access to commands
• Use as your very own digital sketchbook, canvas, logo maker, sticker maker, flyer maker, and more
POWERFUL TOOLS & FUNCTIONALITY
• Vector Warp
• Shape Builder Tool
• Knife Tool
• DXF/DWF import
• Measure & Area tools
• Drawing scale – including ability for different scales set per artboard
• X-ray, hide effects, and greyscale view modes
• Multiple shadow, outline, and overlay layer effects per object
• Powerful grids and guides
• Transform Tool
• Vector Flood Fill
• Spiral Tool
• Pan and zoom at 120fps
• Live gradients, transforms, effects, and adjustments
• Optimized for documents of any complexity, zoom to over 1,000,000% for absolute precision
• Live pixel, retina, wireframe, and x-ray views of vector artwork in and out of split screen mode
• Live Pattern Preview
• Seamless switching between tools and editing modes for frustration-free design
• Incredibly accurate results with minimal nodes
PRECISE VECTOR TOOLS
• Rock solid vector tools that work just the way you want them to
• The best Pen Tool, Node Tool, curve editing, and smart shape tools available
• Powerful Contour Tool to create abstract objects or increase the width of single open curves
• Pencil and brush stabilization for drawing super-smooth curves freehand
• Non-destructive Boolean operations
• Live effects, blend modes, and image adjustments
• Incredibly smooth gradient and transparency controls
RASTER OR VECTOR, YOU DECIDE
• Switch between fully-featured vector and raster workspaces with a single tap – paint, draw, or sketch in raster and then create cool, custom vector art
• High quality raster tools for painting, texturing, masking, finishing artwork, or even creating tattoo designs
• Use raster brushes, edit single pixels on icons, mask and add grain to your crisp vectors, enclose and clip pixel layers – it’s true creative freedom not found in other software or drawing apps
• Flexible text handling including comprehensive support for OpenType
• Artistic text and text frames
• Full control over character and paragraph styles
• Flow text and type along any drawn path
• Extensive library of free fonts
BUILT FOR YOUR WORKFLOW
• Unlimited artboards
• Savable history with alternate futures
• Customizable shortcuts with attached keyboard or new quick menu
• Adobe Illustrator ® (Ai files), PSD, PDF, EPS, SVG, JPG, JPEG XL, TIFF, EXR, DXF, and DWG file support
• Linked symbols and constraints
• Save documents as template files to re-use time and time again
• Quickly access royalty free images through the Stock Panel or import files from Affinity Photo or other photo editor
• Select Same and Select Object functions
PERFECT COLOR & OUTPUT
• Professional CMYK, LAB, RGB, PANTONE© and Greyscale color models
• Full 16-bit per channel editing
• End-to-end ICC color management
• Slice export for exporting multiple elements in a single tap
• Live pixel preview to see exactly how your design will export
Affinity Designer 2.3 introduces some great new capabilities and improvements, including:
• Spiral Tool – embellish your designs with different types of spirals, including Linear, Decaying, Semi-circular, Fibonacci, and Plotted
• Pixel grid – especially useful when designing icons and other UI work, you can choose to expose a pixel grid when zoomed in beyond a certain threshold
• Create and place password-protected PDFs
• Ability to change Asset Panel background color
• 'Keep selected' preference now available in Pencil Tool
Ratings and Reviews
From the makers of Affinity Photo comes this pro-grade graphic-design tool, reinvented for iPad. Whether it’s your job to create the artwork for blockbuster movie posters or you’re considering a side gig making greeting cards, Affinity Designer is a one-stop shop for creative work.
I started vector illustration using Macromedia's Fireworks beta and used it as long as i could along with Adobe's photoshop and Illustrator.
I started using Affinity Photo on the iPad with 1.0, it was such a great deal at $10. And when Affinity Designer was released at $10 i could not pass it up. I have not been disappointed. There were features that i wished it had, but the steady stream of enhancements to continued to keep me using it. As an Instructional Designer in the public sector we have to be frugal. When the version 2.0's came available for both products I was more than willing to pay for the upgrade fee's. The addition of Warp Layers has been fantastic to Designer and allowed me to do all the things that i wished I could. The only limitations are my limited creativity and skills, that i am always trying to expand and improve.
Way better than the rating it is currently getting.
I am impressed! I was skeptical at first because of the 3.4 out of 5 stars rating. But I have to wonder if some of the older reviews from before the upgrade to 2.0, are in the mix here. Or perhaps the app was not as good as it is now, when it was release 6 months ago. I have been using Vectornator and Procreate together for several years now, both of which I love, but also had steep learning curves in the beginning, given that I am just a serious hobbiest and not a trained graphic designer. This app, seems to combine the best of both of those worlds into one app! If you are new to drawing and vector apps, then yes there will be a steep learning curve. But that is true of all these kinds of apps. This one is powerful and I played with it for several days on the free trial to see it’s potential. As soon as I realized it was far exceeding my expectations and the rating in the store, I purchased it. Also, I had a couple of questions and wrote to support. I received a timely and helpful response. To me, that shows engagement by the developer. There is nothing worse than spending money and later discovering the app was abandoned. This one is clearly being worked on and actively improved.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Serif (Europe) Ltd.
- 1.7 GB
- Graphics & Design
- Requires iPadOS 15.0 or later.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © 2023 Serif (Europe) Ltd
- In-App Purchases
- Free 30-Day Trial $0.00
- Designer 2 - Full Licence $10.99
- Affinity V2 Universal License $98.99
Some in‑app purchases, including subscriptions, may be shareable with your family group when Family Sharing is enabled.