Twenty - Hang w/ Your Friends 12+
Real friends. Real life.
Twenty Holdings, Inc.
Twenty is the best way to get together with friends in real life by allowing you to see who’s around, see who’s down and hang out!
- Set your status with an Emoji, Sticker or Genie to let friends know what you’re up to!
- See when your friends are bored, want to chill, grab food, etc. and message them to meet up.
- Personalize your statuses with Genies; design your own custom avatar.
- Swipe to see who’s down to hang out this week!
- Match with new friends and experiences. Check out our virtual activities!
- Chat with the group and figure out the details.
*FYI: Hangouts expire on Monday mornings. New suggestions every week!
- Events > Group Chats. Seamlessly make plans with your friends.
- Events can be open or private, you can invite as many friends or groups as you want.
- Discover local things to do with your friends like concerts, sporting events, pop ups, etc.
- Twenty is a private network. Only add friends you want to hang out with in person.
- You always have full control. Decide which friends you share with and when you want to share with them. If you decide to stop sharing with a specific friend, don’t worry; we won’t let them know.
- Choose “Neighborhood Mode” to only share your general location with specific friends.
Our world has never been more digitally connected and as a result we’ve never been less engaged in real life. This has led to major changes in how we communicate and socialize. The online spaces we participate in are dominated by endless attention-grabbing content, inauthenticity and the pressure of curating digital personas. Increases in loneliness, anxiety and depression have been the byproduct.
We started Twenty to be a pathway to a more authentic and fulfilling social life by driving real human connection. Twenty was designed to empower friends to spend more time together in person which we believe is critical to a meaningful social life.
At the essence of Twenty is: Real friends. Real life.
- TechCrunch: “Twenty and Mappen merge to help users hang out in real life”
- POPSUGAR: “It isn't just another social media platform, it's a way for you and your friends to get together and be more social.”
- Teen Vogue: “Twenty is on a mission to remind us what it’s like to unplug, spending time with friends in real life and driving more human connection is the goal.”
- Elite Daily: “This New Twenty App For Meeting Up With Friends Will Help Keep The Dreaded FOMO At Bay”
- CNBC: “Twenty deals with social isolation by doing something counterintuitive - using technology to help you disconnect from technology and connect with your friends in real life.” - Arianna Huffington
*We love hearing from you! We are always working to improve the Twenty experience. If you have any questions, ideas or just want to chat email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Twenty is only available for people ages 13 and older.
Bug fixes and performance improvements
Ratings and Reviews
A Social Networking App that Actually Brings People Together
Mappen is an app that has the potential to undo the negative social effects that have derived from previous social media. It encourages and facilitates the process of meeting up with your friends IN REAL LIFE. From its locational map homepage to its event planning tool, Mappen makes hanging out and checking up on friends a breeze. The app organizes friends and events in a way that is easy to manage (but, like anything, could still use a few tweaks), creating a social platform that users can smoothly operate. Furthermore, “friends” on the Mappen app are ACTUALLY the traditional definition of friends as it promotes interpersonal relationships between connected users. I especially loved the function that lets your friends know “I’m Okay.” Like I said before, Mappen can be the social networking app that brings people back together and ultimately betters the social aspects of today’s modern world.
Developer Response ,
Hi, thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. We love the points you made and we appreciate your feedback!
Notifies People To Get The App Who You Think Already Have It!
This app notifies people whom you’re “Adding” from your contacts and the app makes it seem like they already have the app... NOPE. You are EXPLICITLY INVITING these people to JOIN the app. An app that you haven’t even used yet because this is in the setup process of the app. The app then sends these people a text message saying that YOU (it uses your name!) invited them to join. I just clicked “Add” to every name it suggested to just fly through the process, so I sent an invite to A LOT of people- including people I barely talk to (ex-girlfriends, people from class, family members, friends’ parents, coworkers, MY BOSS, etc. I was so embarrassed.
If this app says anywhere that you will explicitly be inviting these people, they definitely don’t do a good job of making it well-known. Hell, they should at least change “Add” to “INVITE”. It is very deceiving. They are definitely trying very hard to basically spam people to get as many people to download the app as possible using your name as their source of credibility totally at your expense. So unethical. DO NOT DOWNLOAD.
Developer Response ,
Hi, thank you for your feedback. When you go to your profile, and click "Add Friends" you will be brought to a page that first lists "Contacts on Mappen" with the option to "Add Friend". Below that you will see "Invite Friends" and you have the option to "Invite" them to the app. If you click "Invite", this will open up an SMS where you can customize what you'd like to say and choose if you'd like to send the text or not. Send an email to email@example.com if you have any other questions, we are happy to help!
I’ve been using Mappen since the app came out in 2017. I used it a couple times while living in DC, but it was still buggy at that time. Since then, I’ve watched how the developers have adjusted the app and made it more useful.
Mappen does a great job letting you know that you don’t have to spend your Friday alone on the couch watching the Office on Netflix for the 63rd time. It gives one notification on Friday night that tells you to get out of the house. After opening the app, you can decide to go out and invite your friends without that “what are you up to?” text (I know you’ve sent those texts, don’t lie to me 😜). It makes getting out and being social that makes easier, because you have had plenty of Friday nights watching Netflix.
All in all, huge improvements in the past few months!
Developer Response ,
Hi, thank you so much for taking the time to write a review and for being a loyal Mappen user. The team is constantly working to improve the app, so we're glad that you've enjoyed the updates and we appreciate your feedback!
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Twenty Holdings, Inc.
- 115.7 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2019 Twenty Holdings, Inc
Get things done within this app using just your voice.