A BRAND NEW DIAGRAM EDITOR FOR MAC
Create beautiful, structured diagrams. As fast as you think.
Increase understanding of your structures and processes by visualizing them with Diagrams, the brand new diagram editor for Mac! Its clean interface eliminates distractions, and thanks to the handcrafted visual style and streamlined workflows, it allows you to produce powerful diagrams as fast as you think.
Unlike generic vector graphics tools, Diagrams is optimized for seamless work with structured diagrams consisting of elements and relationships. Leverage the unique layout features like grid and infinite canvas to ensure an ideal diagram arrangement. The default palette with various element shapes covers common use cases and gets you started quickly. No more fiddling around with alignments and styling.
Diagrams’ UI and functions are seamlessly aligned with other system apps, which immensely reduces the learning time. It’s so simple to dive right in and start off drawing your diagram. Once you finish it, easily export it as a PDF document or an image and share it with your colleagues or integrate it into other apps from your toolset.
No matter whether you’re a software developer modeling architecture, a business consultant outlining business processes, or a project manager describing a customer journey, you’ll benefit from having the right tool at hand in your desktop environment.
• Software architecture design
• Code and system documentation
• Description of classes, components, networks, states, UI flows, and more
• Dependency visualization
• Ensuring common understanding within development teams
• Exploration of solution spaces
Business & Project Management
• Modeling business processes
• Visualization of organizational structures
• Depiction of customer journey and product life cycles
• Requirements and feature analysis
• Presenting strategic plans in project meetings
• Visualization of links, interactions, and flows
• Express structures for any purpose
• Visualization of hierarchies
• Brainstorming ideas and mind mapping
• Planning and organization
• Capturing recurring workflows
• Easy to get started
• Clean, distraction-free interface
• Powerful canvas interaction
• Smart grid layout
• Infinite canvas
• Graph structure (elements and relationships)
• Palette with various shapes
• PNG and PDF exporting
Please visit our website at https://diagrams.app for more information. You can also reach us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or on Twitter @diagramsapp.
• Added support for pan interaction triggered by holding the space bar and dragging around the canvas.
• The app now remembers and reuses the last position and size of the document window.
• Introduced a dedicated folder in iCloud Drive.
• Improved the toolbar appearance in Dark Mode.
• Prevented resetting of the cursor when dragging the pointer outside of the document window as part of certain canvas interactions.
• Fixed flickering of the cursor while editing text in the canvas.
• Fixed a bug where the attachment overlay would stay visible in the canvas even after releasing the Shift key.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Nice start, but needs customization features
The ease of use and simplicity of the app has a lot of appeal. I defintiely like that it's not OmniGraffle. Customization options, like changing colors, shape options, etc. are currently non-existent however.
Three stars given the price of the app and a bonus star for the possibility of more flexibility in the future.
I was VERY excited to see this app and immediately purchased it as I was in the middle of a project that needed a diagram. This is one easiest to use diagram apps, BUT there are some pretty significant issues. First, you are very limited with color seletion, which becomes an issue is you are mapping with numerous variable. Second, there is not a text editor. I cannot make words bold, underlined, ect. That is a problem. Third, they need to make it easy to lable the diagram. the way it is set up now, you have to use a box and place the title in that. Not a great idea. I am actually a bit shocked there are some pretty primary functions missing and hope they are quick to fix this. I am not expecting an app with a multitude of editing power, but simple editing, shaping, and color options are basic and should already be part of this app. If they do not fix this in the near future, I will go back to other apps I have used previouly. It is a waste of time to try to find so many work arounds.
Developer Response ,
Hello, thanks for your feedback! We plan to add more flexibility for designing diagrams in future releases. However, we don’t have an exact schedule. Please keep an eye out for updates.
Fantastic 1.0 Release
As someone who uses Visio on a constant basis for work, I'm beyond excited to se more diagraming and modelling apps like this for the Mac. Well done!
Looking forward to more support for future relases, including more shapes/objects (like chevrons), custom objects, ability to "zoom in" and "zoom out" between models (eg, you have a macro model of a workflow, but each individual object in that workflow has its own detailed process model, and you can zoom into that - Visio accomplishes this with hyperlinks), custom object properties/data and metadata, etc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.