Hungry Caterpillar Play School develops the key skills children need to get ahead on a lifelong journey of learning.
A trusted 1st choice for parents and educators worldwide.
"This is a marvelous learning app for toddlers to kindergarten-age kids because of its range and content." - Common Sense Media.
In Hungry Caterpilllar Play School children encounter developmentally appropriate instruction through exploration and meaningful play. All of our activities are guided by international early learning standards. We are constantly updating the app with the most cutting-edge, evidence-based practices in teaching and design.
• MATHEMATICS DEVELOPMENT: Our activities guide kids through concepts which set them up for proficiency in this important subject area. Repetition is key, so we’ve designed this section to be different every time. You can learn the basics of coding here too.
• LANGUAGE AND LITERACY: Learn about the letters of the alphabet how they make words. Learn to read using phonics. Our ever expanding LEARN TO READ BOOK library contains tailored reading experiences. We guide children through early reading levels, including wordless books to encourage confidence.
• SCIENCE AND NATURE STUDIES: One of the best ways to encourage your child to read, is to read to them. Our app does this for you featuring warm and talented voice over actors. LEARN ABOUT THE WORLD BOOKS are engaging non-fiction titles. They are specifically tailored for young children. Learn how nature works in our Caterpillar's Garden activity!
• CREATIVE ARTS: Expand your child’s imagination and encourage artistic expression in multiple creative activities.
• PUZZLES AND REASONING: Teaching children to use their own minds to figure out how to solve problems.
• Subjects are supported and enhanced by SONGS and VIDEOS, deepening your child's learning. Songs are a proven learning tool used by teachers all over the world. Our meditations help prepare kids minds for learning.
Many of our lessons and activities are integrated, meaning children learn many concepts and skills at the same time.
Certified by the kidSAFE Seal Program. To learn more: www.kidsafeseal.com.
If you're experiencing any issues email us firstname.lastname@example.org
**This app is optimized for iPad 4 and above, iPhone 5S and above, iPad Mini 2 and above.
Hungry Caterpillar Play School is a subscription service which gives complete access to all our activities, books, lessons, songs and videos with exclusive new content every month.
- Choose to subscribe on a monthly or annual basis.
- Change your mind at any point. Cancelling can be done through your iTunes settings.
- Payment will be charged through your iTunes account.
- Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period at the price of US$7.99 per month or US$59.99 per year, unless otherwise specified.
- Your subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period.
- Subscriptions may be managed and Auto-renewal may be turned off by going to your Account Settings after purchase.
- Any unused portion of a free trial period will be forfeited when you purchase a subscription!
- Use your subscription on any device registered with the same Apple ID you subscribe from.
https://storytoys.com/privacyCertified by the kidSAFE Seal Program. To learn more: www.kidsafeseal.com.
Seasons greetings from The Very Hungry Caterpillar. Check out our winter wonderland in the main menu. Enjoy our new learn to read book GETTING AROUND. We've also added two new guided meditations to keep your child calm and receptive to learning.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Looks pretty good so far but FIX TYPOS, please!
We just started our free trial, as our three year old loves Eric Carle (and quite frankly, the limited content was way too limited to get a real sense of the app). We are enjoying the bright colors, familiar characters, and variety of games/subjects.
Since the book section wasn’t available in our limited content exploration, we went to read one—the one about the frog. The pictures are cute, the information is age appropriate and the animations, though limited, are fun (the sound effects are especially appreciated by my preschooler). BUT! Imagine my surprise to find a typo! Yes it’s a common mistake —“its” incorrectly is spelled “it’s”—but COME ON!!! This is a LEARNING APP and there are grammar errors?!! Not cool. Not appreciated. And definitely NOT what I expect from anything Eric Carle-related (he’s a Big Deal in our household).
For the money that we are expected to pay with the auto-renewal, I expect better editing and proofreading. Please look over AND CORRECT the text of the books and other sections of the app as part of the next update!
Developer Response ,
Hi ShiGold. Thanks for your feedback, and well spotted! We will of course correct this as soon as possible. Thanks for bringing it to our attention.
This is a really great app for kids, done really well. My daughter and I both enjoy all the fun things to do with in the app. I like how the content is updated frequently. My only complaint is the ads inside the App even after purchasing subscription for one year. I often pay to have ads removed so my daughter doesn’t encounter them while playing apps. Ads are such a nuisance and distracting, especially in the middle of gameplay. It would be my suggestion that you remove ads inside the game for subscription users.
Developer Response ,
Hi Seagreenx777. Thanks for your review, we're glad you're enjoying the app. We're concerned that you are seeing ads though. You should not be seeing ads as a subscriber, and even free users should only see one of two suggested apps from the rest of our collection. Could you please email email@example.com describing the ads and where they appear, or send us screenshots? We're eager to fix this issue as soon as possible. Thanks!
Great app! Please don’t let Mickey ruin it again!
Update 1/3/19: I appreciate the apology. Have revised from 1 to 5 stars. It’s a great app provided Mickey Mouse stays far away.
Original 12/25 review: This has been the only app I’ve ever let my 2.5 year old use. I’ve paid more for this app than any other. After using the free trial, we subsequently paid for the subscription and it has helped my kid learn letters and numbers. I’ve appreciated the relative simplicity and the lack of flashiness when compared with similar educational apps. Until this morning.
This morning, Mickey Mouse Disney ads started popping up every minute. It’s ruining the experience and is infuriating. We’ll be cancelling if this isn’t eliminated. Please fix this and apologize for what was essentially a bait-and-switch move. Even if the frequency of the ads was an unintentional bug, its still unacceptable to try to sneakily show advertisements to my child.
Developer Response ,
Please accept our apologies. It has come to our attention that a pop-up advert appeared in Hungry Caterpillar Play School over the Christmas period. This should not have happened and occurred as a result of a technical error. We are very sorry for this happening. It was completely unacceptable.
Unfortunately over the Holiday period our team did not spot the error and it remained until January 2nd 2019. We have now removed this message entirely from the app.
As an extra measure to our unconditional commitment to our users we have implemented precautions which will prevent such errors in the future.
Please always share your feedback with us. We strive to keep learning and improving your experience
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- User Content
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- StoryToys Entertainment Limited
- 349.2 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Portuguese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © StoryToys Entertainment Ltd, 2020
- In-App Purchases
- Monthly Membership $9.99
- Annual - Best Value $49.99
- Start learning – Pay monthly $7.99
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.