Web Video Caster® allows you to watch on your TV videos from your favorite websites including movies, TV shows, live streams of news, sports, IPTV.
SUPPORTED STREAMING DEVICES
Web Video Caster® supports the most popular streaming devices, allowing your TV to stream videos directly from the web.
• Google Cast (Chromecast, Android TV, Chromecast built-in)
• DLNA devices like Xbox, Samsung TVs, LG TVs, etc.
• Roku, Roku stick and Roku TVs
• Apple TV 4
• Fire TV and Fire TV stick
• PlayStation 4 - by using its web browser
• Most web browsers by visiting http://cast2tv.app (PS4, Smart TVs, other consoles and set top boxes)
*If you experience a compatibility issues, contact us and include the brand and model number.
• HLS live streams in M3U8 format (Chromecast, most DLNA devices lack support for it)
• Authenticated videos including movies and TV shows
• MP4 videos
• Live news and sports
• Any HTML5 videos*
• IPTV playlists on M3U, W3U and RSS format
*Your streaming device must be capable of decoding the video you are playing. Web Video Caster doesn't perform any video/audio decoding or transcoding.
HOW IT WORKS
Web Video Cast™ is a browser, which allows you to stream videos of movies, TV shows, and other media from the internet to a streaming device or smart tv. Web Video Caster grabs the video URL inside the web page, sends it to the streaming device (i.e. Chromecast or DLNA device), and then plays the video directly from the content provider. This ultimately saves your mobile device’s battery. It also detects subtitles on the web page. Web Video Cast™ does not host these videos. This is not a mirroring app.
Follow these simple step-by-step instructions to start streaming:
1. Find a video online that you want to watch.
2. Make sure this video can play on mobile browsers without Flash.
3. Connect to your streaming device.
4. Play the video as you normally would. Or, click the play button on the toolbar.
• No in-app advertising
• Most visited sites
• Set homepage
**This functionality does not apply universally to all streaming devices.
LIMITATIONS & DISCLOSURES
As with all apps, there are some limitations we are aware of and want you to know about up front.
• We are in no way associated with any web media providers and we do not have control over the content they provide.
• Web Video Caster does not support nor play Flash or FLV videos.
• The app does not support tab casting, like the Chromecast extension for the PC web browser.
• We cannot do anything to fix issues that arise on the server side (media content provider) such as failure to play or buffering, which is especially common during heavy load times and weekends.
SHARE YOUR FEEDBACK
We are committed to open communication with our users. Please contact us first with any questions or support issues before leaving a review. We will respond and address your concern promptly. Contact us through our user community https://goo.gl/dAE555 or our website http://www.webvideocaster.com/contactForm
Added alternative Chromecast receiver for m3u8 issues. You have to enable it under settings. This is a test receiver and you should only use it if you have problems with m3u8 videos freezing the Chromecast.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
works every time on the first attempt
Love this app I actually use it with a certain video streaming app on my fire tablet to stream on to my Roku tv. I have tried other casting apps but this is the one that contently works all the time on the first attempt. And then I come in here to see the reviews on it and I am so very impressed on how the developers comment back trying to help anyone that is slightly dissatisfied.
Love the APP love the support you give your users keep up the wonderful work your doing
Developer Response ,
Thank you for the kind review. If you have any issues or questions please don't hesitate to contact me at email@example.com
Flawless connection. Works great.
Hi. Thanks for your app. I bought the premium version for ios. The roku app itself can use a recently viewed video list and possibly the phone can be eliminated when watching repeat live streams. Example would be KTLA 5 news live. And once I load the video I can watch it next time I open the roku app because there is a recent video list. Thanks for your time. I finally found something useful for my apple product to do.
So many issues...trying to watch News channels via this app is tricky at best. It constantly needs refreshed every half hour or hour...the images are crappy...probably due to my phone not being able to project 1080p to the screen. The app doesn’t always recognize my Roku Ultra...like this morning...so no news for me....when it’s been working just fine for the past week! Errrr!! I wish it was an easy process, but hopefully over time it will be as fluid as the other apps on my Roku...cause this app feels like the trailer trash of tv apps...cause it acts like it. It wants to play with the big boys, but it can’t, disappointedly!
Developer Response ,
Quality is up to your video provider. The 30 minute issue is either a video provider requirement or the video is routed through the phone. Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org for help
- InstantBits Inc
- 77.8 MB
- Photo & Video
Requires iOS 11.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Afrikaans, Arabic, Bulgarian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Kabyle, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Unrestricted Web Access
- © InstantBits Inc
- In-App Purchases
- Web Video Caster Premium $4.99
- Web Video Caster Premium $3.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.