Transform your Mac into smart digital paper and a powerful document management system.
Use the same features from GoodNotes' iPad version on your Mac and work with your documents where you want and when you want.
CREATE, IMPORT, AND EDIT DOCUMENTS ON YOUR MAC
* Create digital notebooks and type text with your keyboard or write and draw with the mouse/trackpad or the Apple Pencil using Sidecar on your iPad
* Import PDF and images to annotate them in GoodNotes
* Add documents from your Mac to existing GoodNotes notebooks via drag and drop
PAPERLESS DOCUMENT MANAGEMENT
* Organize your documents in folders and create unlimited subfolders
* Mark your most important documents, pages, and folders as Favorites to access them quickly
* Create custom outlines for easier navigation through your documents
* Instant export of documents or pages as PDF via drag and drop
ALL YOUR NOTES ALWAYS WITH YOU
* Sync your latest changes to your iPad, iPhone, and other Macs using iCloud
* Prepare documents on your Mac and pick them up on another device to continuously work on them
ESCAPE THE LIMITS OF ANALOG PAPER
* Move, resize, and rotate your handwriting or change colors
* Draw perfect shapes and lines with the Shapes Tool
* powerful & smart eraser tool: Choose to erase the entire stroke or only parts of it. Set it to "Erase Highlighter Only" to leave the ink intact
* Navigate through imported PDFs with existing hyperlinks
This build includes several bug fixes and performance improvements as well as a new experimental feature: Flash Cards.
## Study With Flash Cards
GoodNotes lets you create flash cards that you can study with the “Spaced Repetition” learning technique.
- To create a flash card, add a new page using the “Flash Card” paper template
- Flash card paper is currently only available in the size “GoodNotes Standard Size” and can be found in the Essentials template group all the way on the right side
- Add the question on the top half and the answer on the bottom half. Tip: Use images, text, and handwriting to create great-looking and information-rich flash cards.
- To study all flash cards in a document (“the flash card deck”), click on the ... menu and then on “Study Flash Cards”
- click on the screen to reveal the answer and then choose how easy it was to remember the answer.
- GoodNotes will suggest your next study date based on your learning progress and the selected difficulty of the cards. The more you study, the more accurate these suggestions will become. E.g.: You will see “hard” cards more often and sooner than “easy” cards.
- You can reset your entire learning progress for the current deck in the settings in the flash card studying screen. Note that this is not reversible and the entire progress for this deck is lost as if you would have never studied it before.
## Other fixes & improvements
- added a dialogue for when there are incompatible sync versions installed that isn’t blocking you from using GoodNotes
- Fixed crashes related to the new shape feature
- Fixed the multi-selection gesture for the library and page
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
GoodNotes 5 is a combination digital notepad and PDF markup tool. And it’s very good at both.
As a notepad, GoodNotes covers all the bases. Create notes with your keyboard or handwrite them with Apple Pencil. The app transforms your hand-drawn shapes into geometrically perfect ones. It’s also capable of recognizing your handwriting (even when you can’t) and converting it to text.
Good notes 4 performs better than Good notes 5
I am writing this review to help the developers and potential buyers. First I’m providing this review in March 2019. Things may change later so if you are reading this review you should keep the date and version number in mind. 5.0.20.
We are a large builder which use Blue beam, Procore, “go to meeting” and other related industry software. We found that Good notes 4 was simply the best vehicle for note taking and plan markups available. It truly was a “five star app”. We could be on a “go to meeting” with 15 consultants on a conference call and annotate plans instantly. (What I mean is hand write changes on the pdf plans to give direction. Not edit DWG drawings.) It was fast easy and simple. Superior to other products out there, even the industry specific ones.
Now, with Good notes 5 the layout and folder structure have been improved. But, there is a big problem. If we open a set of plans and try to zoom in, the plans pixelate. Plus take an in ordinate amount of time to gain focus. Thus, most of us have stopped using this program. I have Good notes 4 and have gone back to it. I. Don’t know. If the developer is aware or working on a fix but it was a great program. If the developer is aware hope you can fix. I will check the App Store for updates. Will mark as 2.5 stars and revise rating if able to remedy problem. Good luck.
My Favorite App: Best Replacement for a Notebook
I'd been searching for a replacement for a notebook for a long time before I found GoodNotes, paying for several apps that didn't deliver or have the intuitive controls of a pen and paper. GoodNotes delivers. I use it for EVERYTHING for work and my home life. It's my personal budget planner, my personal calendar, my lesson plan book, my gradebook, my PDF annotater...everything! It's replaced basically all paper in my life. As a teacher, I could not be more thrilled with this app's functionality. The ability to create different notebooks with specific templates (and upload your own) allows it to function as so many different things! As a teacher, I'm a big binder person so I can keep related notebooks and files near each other. With the ability to open new notebooks in tabs within the app, I can keep these files close at hand and jump between them--it's kind of like a big digital binder that stays organized and doesn't get overwhelming with the number of files. The organization of the app and the way you can navigate through it by flipping the pages like you would a notebook makes it my favorite app of all time. AND now that it has apps available for iPad, Mac, and iPhone that all sync up beautifully, I can access everything everywhere! Well done, GoodNotes; thank you!
- Time Base Technology Limited
- 178.2 MB
macOS 10.15 or later. Requires iOS 12.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © 2011-2020 Time Base Technology Limited
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.