Transform your Mac into smart digital paper and a powerful document management system.
Use the same features from GoodNotes' iPad version on your Mac and work with your documents where you want and when you want.
CREATE, IMPORT, AND EDIT DOCUMENTS ON YOUR MAC
* Create digital notebooks and type text with your keyboard or write and draw with the mouse/trackpad or the Apple Pencil using Sidecar on your iPad
* Import PDF and images to annotate them in GoodNotes
* Add documents from your Mac to existing GoodNotes notebooks via drag and drop
PAPERLESS DOCUMENT MANAGEMENT
* Organize your documents in folders and create unlimited subfolders
* Mark your most important documents, pages, and folders as Favorites to access them quickly
* Create custom outlines for easier navigation through your documents
* Instant export of documents or pages as PDF via drag and drop
ALL YOUR NOTES ALWAYS WITH YOU
* Sync your latest changes to your iPad, iPhone, and other Macs using iCloud
* Prepare documents on your Mac and pick them up on another device to continuously work on them
ESCAPE THE LIMITS OF ANALOG PAPER
* Move, resize, and rotate your handwriting or change colors
* Draw perfect shapes and lines with the Shapes Tool
* powerful & smart eraser tool: Choose to erase the entire stroke or only parts of it. Set it to "Erase Highlighter Only" to leave the ink intact
* Navigate through imported PDFs with existing hyperlinks
- Enable images file type in import dialog
- Other bug fixes and improvements
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
GoodNotes 5 is a combination digital notepad and PDF markup tool. And it’s very good at both.
As a notepad, GoodNotes covers all the bases. Create notes with your keyboard or handwrite them with Apple Pencil. The app transforms your hand-drawn shapes into geometrically perfect ones. It’s also capable of recognizing your handwriting (even when you can’t) and converting it to text.
Good notes 4 performs better than Good notes 5
I am writing this review to help the developers and potential buyers. First I’m providing this review in March 2019. Things may change later so if you are reading this review you should keep the date and version number in mind. 5.0.20.
We are a large builder which use Blue beam, Procore, “go to meeting” and other related industry software. We found that Good notes 4 was simply the best vehicle for note taking and plan markups available. It truly was a “five star app”. We could be on a “go to meeting” with 15 consultants on a conference call and annotate plans instantly. (What I mean is hand write changes on the pdf plans to give direction. Not edit DWG drawings.) It was fast easy and simple. Superior to other products out there, even the industry specific ones.
Now, with Good notes 5 the layout and folder structure have been improved. But, there is a big problem. If we open a set of plans and try to zoom in, the plans pixelate. Plus take an in ordinate amount of time to gain focus. Thus, most of us have stopped using this program. I have Good notes 4 and have gone back to it. I. Don’t know. If the developer is aware or working on a fix but it was a great program. If the developer is aware hope you can fix. I will check the App Store for updates. Will mark as 2.5 stars and revise rating if able to remedy problem. Good luck.
Love being paper free
I’ve been using this app for years, & recently upgraded to 5. There’s a lot of additional functionality, with more powerful tools, new objects, & way better templates.
The only thing I miss is the way the app opens. Previously when opening the app it presented the view I left it int when closing the app. Now every time I start the app it opens to my folder list. I have a loootttt of notebooks, and remembering which one I was last using is sometimes difficult. Maybe I’m just not as organized as I should be, but it’s just annoying that every time I open the app I have to search through my folders & then my notebooks to get to the one I was in the middle of using. I open one notebook only to find that the page I’m looking for is actually in another one. Many of my notebooks hold similar data, but I keep the in separate books for specific reasons. I’d just rather not have to search every time I start, especially when I’m already used to picking up right where I left off with GN4.
That minor thing aside, I love this app worthy of all 5 stars, & the upgrade to 5 was a great improvement. The developers seem to really pay attention to what additional functionality could be useful as the way we work evolves. So I’m always looking forward to the next version to see what new stuff I’ll get!
- Time Base Technology Limited
- 170.5 MB
macOS 10.15 or later. Requires iOS 12.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © 2011-2020 Time Base Technology Limited
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.