Lockdown blocks trackers and badware in all your apps, blocking an estimated 100 million trackers per month for over 300,000 people.
— Comprehensive Protection —
Lockdown has two privacy features: Firewall and Secure Tunnel VPN. Each feature protects you from different threats, creating the complete solution for protecting your personal data, browsing history, and sensitive connections.
FIREWALL — Blocks Hidden Trackers: The world's first on-device, open source blocker that stops ads, trackers, and badware in all your apps.
— FIREWALL FEATURES —
- Simple, one-tap to get protected against thousands of trackers for most users
- Fully customizable blocking for advanced users: block any domain / service
- Works for all apps, not just the browser
- Useful preconfigured block lists that are updated every week
- Blocking works "on-device" meaning it does all of its blocking without sending all your data to a third party server, unlike other blocking apps
— SECURE TUNNEL FEATURES —
- Hide your location and unique IP address with one tap
- Keeps you safe on public wi-fi hotspots and sites
- Stops spying from snoopers and your ISP or cellular provider
- Ultrafast with over a dozen regions globally
— TRANSPARENCY YOU CAN TRUST —
- Lockdown is Openly Operated certified with a public 38-page audit report, and audited multiple times by security professionals
— UNPARALLELED PRIVACY —
- Open Source: Since firewalls have access to *everything* you do, it's critical that any firewall you use should be open source. Lockdown is 100% open source.
- On-Device: Lockdown does its magic on-device and doesn't connect to any servers, or third-party analytics, or anything else. This way, everything you do stays private to you.
— PRESS COVERAGE —
- Business Insider
- Cult of Mac
- The Mac Observer
Follow us on Twitter: @lockdown_hq
Send your questions and comments to firstname.lastname@example.org
Lockdown - https://lockdownprivacy.com
The Lockdown Secure Tunnel VPN subscription grants unlimited data and encryption through the Lockdown VPN service. Lockdown VPN subscriptions have a free one week trial, after which you will be charged through your iTunes account. Price may vary by location. Your subscription will automatically renew unless canceled at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription early. Manage your subscriptions in Account Settings.
Big Release! (Reverts a bugfix which caused an issue with WiFi connections)
- FEATURE: iPad Support - Optimized for landscape mode, portrait mode, dark mode, light mode - whatever mode you can think of, it's optimized.
- FEATURE: Live Block Log - Use SlideOver on your iPad to watch trackers being blocked in real time while you use another app.
- UI: New Icon - Goodbye cloudy background, hello clean, modern design. The lock also no longer looks like a shopping bag with a hole in it.
- UI: Tabbed Navigation - Our thumbs couldn't reach the top left menu button, so we moved to using tabbed navigation at the bottom.
- UI: Power Buttons - Buttons are now retina, more centered-looking, and look way better in dark mode.
- BUGFIX: Widget - Fixed some bugs from the new widgets and refreshed the UI.
- COMPATIBILITY: Improved compatibility with specific apps
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Stopped Working In Background..(UPDATE)
UPDATE: I figured out with some trial & error that this app will continue to block trackers in the background but only if you have the VPN “secure tunnel” activated in the app with “background app refresh” turned on. The “Firewall” must also be turned on. If you only have the “firewall” activated but not the VPN “secure tunnel”, it does not seem to block trackers like Facebook that collect data on you while you sleep. I’m adding one star. It would be great if they made the firewall work by itself in the background because I’d rather not use a VPN at home, but I can live with it for now. Overall, I really like this app & company and recommend this product.
I’ve been using Lockdown for about six months now. At first, I thought it was amazing. It would block many add trackers like Facebook and Google, even while I slept at night. However, I noticed recently that those trackers stopped showing up in my “tracking log” each morning. “App Background Refresh” is turned on, but it makes no difference. Nothing seems to be getting blocked unless I am actively using my phone. This is a big concern, and I hope they can figure out what’s going on or I will need to start looking at other options.
Developer Response ,
Hi Mattie Pie, thanks for your reviews and comments. Sorry about the issue you're seeing - the app should definitely continue blocking trackers in both conditions that you described. We can't seem to reproduce the bug that you're describing, can you please reach out to email@example.com so we can help you out?
A good work in progress
I like that the blocking component is free and only the vpn service costs money. What I don’t like is the inability to whitelist individual domains. If you see a domain being blocked and it’s causing in app problems (like the games that give you bonuses for watching a 30sec clip), you have no way of easily figuring out which list that domain sits in. Then you can only set the entire list from being ignored, which defeats the purpose of having this app. If there were an option in the log to select and authorize the hostname or domain or a separate ignore list where you could add one off domains that would be useful.
Developer Response ,
Hi NoDroidUser, thanks for your reviews and comments. To whitelist a domain, simply tap the "Whitelist" button in the app and add the domain you wish to whitelist. Be sure to reload the Firewall for it to take effect. Let me know if that helps - please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org for any other issues so we can help, thanks!
Great idea but
It is a great idea and covers multiple areas but and the beta options are awesome but the core functionality has some improvement to be made. Facebook has issues with many apps with this program and even though you uncheck the Facebook setting, it still blocks common apps because it is also blocked in the marketing area. While you could potential type them in to allow, the blocking happens first and still won’t allow even if you uncheck it or want many of the things from marketing blocked. The other issue is the ability to type in other sites to block. There is no way to tell what the cause is in this app not is it easy to block many sites quickly such as redirected because the logs only show what was blocked instead of what was allowed. Overall, the simplicity and security is one of the better ones out there on the market but the functionality is highly limiting. I intend to keep watching to see how this develops because it could take the market as best security app with the right improvements.
Developer Response ,
Hi SpaceCowboy86, thanks for your review and comments. Apologies for the confusion on Facebook - many of our users have quit Facebook entirely but for those who are still using it, the Facebook issue is addressed in our FAQ here: https://lockdownhq.com/faq#anchor3
As for any other compatibility issues, please reach out to email@example.com with more details so we can help resolve this for you, thanks!
- Confirmed, Inc.
- 88.7 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Dutch, German, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © Confirmed, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- One Month of Lockdown VPN $7.99
- One Year of Lockdown VPN $49.99
- One Month of Lockdown VPN Pro $11.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.