Lockdown is the world's first Open Source firewall for iOS, allowing you to block any connection to any domain and protecting your privacy across the web. For free.
— FEATURES —
- Block any domain / service
- Works for all apps, not just the browser
- Useful preconfigured defaults
- See what's being blocked
- Optional VPN for additional privacy
— BEST-IN-CLASS PRIVACY —
- Open Source: Since firewalls have access to *everything* you do, it's critical that any firewall you use should be open source. Lockdown is 100% open source.
- On-Device: Lockdown does its magic on-device and doesn't connect to any servers, or third-party analytics, or anything else. This way, everything you do stays private to you.
— PRESS COVERAGE —
- Cult of Mac
- The Mac Observer
Follow us on Twitter: @lockdown_hq
Send your questions and comments to email@example.com
Lockdown - https://lockdownhq.com
The Lockdown VPN subscription grants unlimited data and encryption through the Lockdown VPN service. Lockdown VPN subscriptions have a free one week trial, after which you will be charged through your iTunes account. Price may vary by location. Your subscription will automatically renew unless canceled at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription early. Manage your subscriptions in Account Settings.
- FEATURE: Widget Control - you'll need to launch the new version of the main app at least once first
- FEATURE: Optional VPN service for enhanced privacy
- PERFORMANCE: Don't reload firewall if no changes were made to block lists
- PERFORMANCE: Automatically restarts firewall in the background if it's not working correctly
- UI: Use expanding cards to allow for adding more future features (content blocker, etc)
- UI: Fix compatibility with smaller iPhone SE
- UI: New onboarding tutorial
- LICENSE: Settings now shows acknowledgements for open source code (previously only displayed in code)
Ratings and Reviews
It’s a Good Start
I love the idea of this app and I’m abhorred by the amount of crap that is being blocked that shouldn’t have even been happening on my device (I’m looking at you Facebook).
However it breaks many crucial things like multiple messaging apps, FaceTime and such. So for now I have to turn it off as I’ve tried several different combos to try to get things I want working working but to no avail so far.
Would be happy to beta test for them. This is a much needed app in this day and age. Can’t wait for it to be fine tuned so that the only data coming and going is the stuff I want coming and going.
Lockdown is essential in today’s world
By now you’ve probably heard all the privacy issues companies such as Facebook and Google are causing by harvesting and selling your personal information. It almost seemed impossible for privacy to exist in a smart phone world with so many entities tracking your every move.
Lockdown has provided an amazing way to take back and protect your right to privacy.
This app is great. Such an innovative idea and it works great with my existing VPN. A much needed tool in the balancing act between having access to information while not allowing providers to compromise your personal privacy and security.
This latest version is super solid and allows the rest of my phone to continue to access Apple mail and my other essential services while giving me the peace of mind to know I can control my information by limiting the trackers that booby-trap the Internet.
I don’t usually leave reviews but when I do it’s for a product so awesome, I want to support it to ensure it remains available to help protect our privacy from the prying eyes of private corporations.
Thank you Lockdown!
VPN doesn’t mean sending data; Incompatible with 126.96.36.199
Firstly to the people wondering about the VPN profile this app sets up. That’s the only way any app can handle system wide network traffic on iOS. So every “firewall” or DNS app will setup a VPN profile. This doesn’t necessarily (or always) mean that your data is being sent to a VPN server, depending on the app.
Lockdown Devs: this is currently not compatible with the 188.8.131.52 DNS setup through the Cloudflare 184.108.40.206 app. Your VPN profile shows up in the same section as 220.127.116.11, and iOS doesn’t allow both to be selected. It’s a toggle allowing either 18.104.22.168 or this one to be active at any point in time. Unless that’s resolved, this wouldn’t be useful for those who have third party DNS setup through apps like 22.214.171.124 or DNSCloak.
- Confirmed, Inc.
- 62 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Confirmed, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- One Month of Lockdown VPN $4.99
- One Year of Lockdown VPN $49.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.