Developed as part of the "Collins Education" stream, this dictionary is designed for all learning stages and be used at home, at school, or professionally.
• Comprehensive and authoritative, with all the words and phrases you need
• Extra help with difficult words
• Easy-to-use layout helps you find what you are looking for quickly and easily
LATEST APP UPDАТES:
• Learn in style with any of the four colorful new themes – The colorful layout will turn your learning experience into an enjoyable routine. Customize your dictionary and benefit from the cheerful mood your favorite color brings you.
• Dive right into the intricacies of the language - With new and convenient Home page, sleeker and more intuitive visual layout, as well as innovations in the speed of searches, you can get to the desired entry faster than ever.
SEARCH TOOLS - quickly find words with the clear, functional, and easy-to-use interface.
Designed to provide the most comprehensive search experience, the dictionary combines several search tools to match or predict what are you looking for, including:
• Search autocomplete helps you find words quickly by displaying predictions as you type.
• Keyword lookup allows you to search within compound words and phrases.
• Camera search looks up words in the camera viewfinder and displays results in seconds.
• Voice search helps you find an entry when you don’t know how a word is spelled.
Looking for a specific word but don't know how it's spelled? We've got you covered with our automatic ‘Fuzzy filter’ to correct word spelling, as well as ‘Wild card’ ('*' or '?') to replace a letter or entire parts of a word.
LEARNING TOOLS - engaging features that help you further enhance your vocabulary. Designed to give you freedom to structure your studies, the dictionary combines several learning tools to help you be more organized, including:
• ‘Favorites’ that allow you to create custom folders with lists of words.
• Recent list which helps you to easily review looked-up words.
• Swipe-to-delete functionality in the Recent and Favorites menus.
• Word-of-the-day option to teach you a new word every day.
Feel excited by the new word or definition you just learned? Share your discovery with friends on social media, email or any other option available on your device.
• Four new colorful themes.
• Delete and sort entries with Favorites/Recent list.
• General bug fixes and improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
Would be nice to have sentence example, declensions, conjugations would be nice. Also list as infinite and first person indicative for verbs so look up in either form. But nice. I use all the time.
Decent dictionary with room for improvement
It’s a decent dictionary, the layout is good, however it is pretty annoying that the translation order keeps switching to English - Latin. I often want to translate from Latin only, but after few words it switches automatically to English words. I hope they fix it.
Also we can’t put the words in favorite in one click, so that’s not convenient. They should also add more Latin phrases in examples.
Mobi system's abusive "rate the app" pop-up
I have four paid dictionary apps, some were quite expensive, which have been taken over by this company. Each one now has a "rate the app" pop-up that blocks the screen and gives you only two options: "not now" or "rate 5 stars". Unless you rate this app five stars, this pop-up will continue to appear. Do not purchase, Collins Latin, Oxford Hackett French, Oxford Paravia Italian, or Oxford Duden German apps if you think this is abusive.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.