PDF Reader is a powerful PDF solution for your iPhone, iPad, and Mac. Any PDF expert or manager can use PDF Reader to annotate, edit, combine, convert, encrypt, scan, and sign PDF documents, wherever you are at school, work, home, or on the go. With PDF Reader, you will never struggle again with complicated PDF documents and will enjoy consistent PDF-editing capabilities on all your devices.
AWARDS AND RECOGNITION
- Featured as “10 Essentials” in Utility on iTunes
- Featured in “10 Best PDF Reader Apps For iPhone & iPad 2019” by FOSSBYTES
- Featured as “Best Utility App” in App Store Rewind
- Recommended by Techradar, Techworm, Softonic, and Waerfa
OCR (Optical Character Recognition)
• Recognize and extract text from scans
• Export OCR results as text or searchable PDFs
• Support 50+ languages
• Add passwords to lock PDFs
• Remove passwords & restrictions from PDFs
• Add & remove PDF watermarks
• Validate certificates & signatures in PDF documents
• Support built-in and cloud converter
• Support PDF to Word, Excel, PPT & image conversions (docx, xlsx, pptx, jpg, png, gif & bmp).
• Create PDFs from doc scanner
• Fill out & edit PDF forms
• Merge multiple files into one PDF
• Split a large PDF into several small PDFs
• Change PDF background color
• Rotate, delete, add, and rearrange pages
• Extract pages or images from PDFs
• Supports all mainstream file formats, including Vitrium* PDF format (Like University of Phoenix Ebooks)
• Text Reflow & Auto Flow
• Present a PDF as a slideshow
• View multiple PDFs as tabs
• Dark mode supported (only for iOS13 & macOS Mojave and later)
• Convert text to spoken audio (text-to-speech)
ANNOTATE & REVIEW PDF
• Annotate PDFs with highlights, underlines, strikeout text, shapes, sticky notes & text boxes
• Add pre-designed stamps, including Approved, Sign Here, Confidential, and more
• Add custom stamps with time and date information
• Insert hyperlinks to external websites, target pages, and email address
• Attach audio notes & insert images to PDFs
• Flatten all annotations before sharing
• Save annotations as XFDF format
• Remove all annotations in one tap
SIGN & WRITE ON PDF
• Sign contracts and agreements with signatures
• Create and manage signatures from within the library
• Add handwritten notes to PDFs
• Turn handwriting into text with Scribble (Available for iPad)
• Get files from Kdan Cloud, iCloud Drive, Dropbox, OneDrive, Google Drive, Evernote, FTP, or WebDAV client
• Display all files in thumbnails or a list
• Send faxes directly from within the app
Sharing & Action Extension
• Export web pages and photos as PDFs
• Edit PDFs using PDF Reader’s editing tools from within another app
Unlock the full PDF Reader experience with a Document 365 subscription for your phone, tablet, PC & Mac.
DOCUMENT 365 (Access to all platforms, 1 TB Kdan Cloud storage included)
• Annual plan: billed annually at $59.99/year after the 7-day trial ends
• Quarterly plan: billed quarterly at $19.99/quarter after 3-day trial ends
• Monthly plan: billed monthly at $9.99/monthly after 3-day trial ends
Subscriptions will be charged through your iTunes account at the confirmation of purchase. Your iTunes account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, for the same duration, and at the present subscription price. No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during an active subscription period.
Terms of service: https://www.kdanmobile.com/terms_of_service
Got a question? Contact us at email@example.com or check out https://support.kdanmobile.com
■ Now PDF Reader is an officially universal app, which means you can download the app for free on both iPhone and iPad devices.
■ Overall stability and performance improvements
As always, if you run into any troubles, let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org
Ratings and Reviews
Helps me read pdf books
I am using the free version. All I need is a pdf reader that will track where I’m at in reading a pdf book. This is very nice. Hope I can continue using a free version. Other features seem very interesting though I don’t currently have need of them.
Cannot restore files at new iPhone X and the paid app was not exist anymore.
I paid a one time version for more storage several years ago and I didn’t know that the files could not transfer to my new Iphone X from my old Iphone X (same model) this year. I still could do that one year ago. It used to restore files automatically, but not anymore. It created so much trouble. Now they require to subscript the Kdan cloud service to store the files according to the app introduction. Some reviewers complained that it was hard to cancel their subscription. My husband backed up my old phone with PC and restored to my new phone. The app on my new phone just showing freeze and could not complete the downloading. I realized that the paid app I purchased was not exist anymore, only the free one.
Per the instruction that showed on reviews, my husband followed the steps to restore my files, but they could not be open because they required me to subscript their cloud service to have more space. What a pain! My old paid app had more space for all my files. They deleted my paid app a few years later and asking for more money to replace. I think this is not the right way to do the business, made me feel I got cheated, so I would not suggest this app to anyone.
Developer Response ,
Hello, we allow users of the retired app to transfer to the new app for free. Please contact us at email@example.com so customer support to assist you. Please make sure that you backup all the files and don't remove the old app before the transfer is complete. Thank you!
It fits for my purposes!
I love that I can download a class PDF and edit them on this app! As a student that’s all I really needed so I’m pleased that the bare minimum is free.
If I had to give one complaint it would be the functioning of the voice over that reads the document for you. When I change the speed of the voice over, after listening to it 2 to 3 pages in, I’ll find that I need it to read at a faster pace. But, when I change the speed it starts again at page 1. I’ve tried to highlight and select “speak” on my iPhone but it doesn’t work.
Other than that this app is exactly what I needed and the voice over would have just been an added bonus.
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
- Usage Data
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Kdan Mobile Software LTD
- 288.9 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 10.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
English, Czech, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Thai, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- 17+ Unrestricted Web Access
- © 2009-2021 Kdan Mobile Software Ltd. All Rights Reserved.
- In-App Purchases
- Document 365 $59.99
- Creativity 365 $9.99
- Deluxe Business Pack $5.99
- Document 365 $9.99
- Document 365 $19.99
- Creativity 365 - 3 Months $19.99
- Kdan Cloud $2.99
- Upgrade to Premium $2.99
- Deluxe PDF Pack for iPhone $39.99
- Deluxe PDF Pack for iPhone $12.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.