Markup is a productivity tool with unique AI-powered features to create a smart reading experience for users. It automatically extracts key reading points out of large files or text and learns the user’s preference and behavior to provide informed suggestions. Markup lets you highlight, annotate, and read with efficiency.
***Widely Recognized by Media & Our Users***
+ Featured in All Digital School – Editor’s Choice for Reading
+ Featured in “Annotation and Screencasting to Extend the Reach of Your Classroom” by Yale Center of Language Study
+ Featured in “The 9 Best PDF Apps for the Apple iPad” by TabletPC Review
+ User Testimonial: “PDF Markup helps me to take work with me when I am not in the office. It really does make life better!” - Val Sigler
AUTO SUMMARY (NEW)*
•Immediately find your focus on reading by extracting information that matters
•Automatically process heavyweight content in a summary view
•Add to your own annotations to keep your ideas all in one place
•Copy to your clipboards and share to other platforms for extensive reading
WEB HIGHLIGHTER – Also available for Chrome extension
• Highlight text and excerpts on web pages through built-in or Safari browser.
• Sync your highlights through devices and web
• Explore highlights from the markup community or share your own.
• Link web highlights to your PDFs
DOCUMENT VIEWER & ANNOTATOR
• Support all mainstream formats, including PDF and ePub books
• Add highlights, freehand writings, sticky notes, text boxes, arrows, shapes, etc.
• Customize PDF stamps by adding texts or images
• Sign documents & fill forms
• BOTA list- display a summary of bookmark, outline, thumbnail and annotation
• Text-to-Speech- read out text content with natural sounding voices*
• Multimedia note-taking - insert links, images, audio clips and capture screens*
• Advanced PDF Editing – merge and split pages, watermarks, flattened PDFs and more*
MARKUP EXPLORE WITH AI INTEGRATION
• Analyze highlighted stories with Markup's brilliant algorithm
• Automatically sort web pages you’ve highlighted into different categories
• Recommend relevant stories you might be interested in
INSTANT TEAM COLLABORATION
• Share files, pictures, articles, videos, and URLs with your team via Shared Folder
• Directly share highlighted Web Markups and annotations to your team
• Onboard your team members via Teams Clipboards
• Invite and manage your members in Team Panel which also tracks team’s activity
FILE TRANSFER & BACKUP
• Get files from Dropbox, Google Drive, iCloud Drive, Photo gallery and local files
• Copy files via WiFi, iTunes USB, and Open-in feature
KDAN CLOUD SERVICES – SIGN UP FOR FREE
• Resume unfinished uploading
• Viewing PDFs online by sending file links
• Send download links from the web with password protection
(*Premium features available with Markup Pro or Creativity 365 subscription)
Level up your reading experience and turn your iOS device into a portable reading gadget:
- Markup Pro: $5.99/month, $12.99/3 months, or $39.99/year
- Creativity 365: $9.99/month, $19.99/3 months, or $59.99/year - Free trial available. Get premium access to the Creativity 365 App series across phone, tablet, and desktop.
Subscriptions will be charged through your iTunes account at the confirmation of purchase. Your subscription will automatically renew unless cancelled at least 24 hours before the end of the current subscription period. Your iTunes account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, for the same duration and at the current subscription price. You may manage your subscriptions in your iTunes Account Settings after purchase. No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during an active subscription period.
Terms of service: https://auth.kdanmobile.com/articles/terms_of_service
Markup is upgraded to give you a better experience!
-The new app onboarding provides a brief and precise tour for users to learn the core features in a few steps.
-We have made My Article the default home page for users to access their saved articles more easily.
-Users can now highlight on all Explore articles that were browse-only before.
-This update is bundled with the new PDF reading engine to improve user's experience.
-Overall stability improvements and bug fixes.
Love our app? Rate us!
Got a question? Tap Knowledge Base (Setting > Contact) in the Markup app or visit support.kdanmobile.com/hc
Ratings and Reviews
Good on the features, but lacking some software needs
The individual annotation options are awesome, the color variety is pretty good, and they all seem to work as they were designed to. The app crashes quite a bit, especially if you try to use the search feature, and if you haven't saved in a while, it can be a pretty big loss for your annotations. An auto-save would be really nice, especially since there is a tendency to crash. Also, the news screen and feed are the first things you see, when that's not what anyone is using the app for... it would be nice to have your documents be the primary screen and then if you're interested in kdan's articles, they'd still be available.
Developer Response ,
Hello, thanks for the suggestions, and we'll inform the PDF team of your message. As for the news page, please tap the "Custom" button (beside the "?" button)on the the top right of the screen while you are in the explore page. You can change the layout and set your file list as the primary screen. If you still have questions, please feel free to contact us. Thank you. :)
Finally an app that edits a PDF
I have done most of my editing right on my smart phone which is amazing. There are features to highlight, change font color etc and it's all very simple. I'm not a techie so I've done basic editing tasks however converting a PDF on your phone is an accomplishment. Good app
Great app but problem with having more than a couple of files
I find this app great for my work with pdf files but after storing some files on the app I can not open and it says ‘want to store more file? Sign up to Kdan Cloud to unlock the file restriction’.
Even though registration is free, if you do not want to get yet another cloud service you are trapped and I could not find information on the actual restriction as to find a way to work comfortably within he limits of it (is it number of files?if so, how many?) without this is definitely a 5 stars
Developer Response ,
Hello, the free version enables you to store up to 10 files within the app. If you store files more than 10, I would suggest you to back up files to your personal cloud and remove unnecessary files from the app. The Kdan Cloud offers you an easier way to transfer files across your devices (cross-platform supported). If you still have questions, please feel free to let us know. Thank you. :)
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Kdan Mobile Software LTD
- 253 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 10.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
English, Czech, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Thai, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2014-2020 Kdan Mobile Software Ltd. All Rights Reserved.
- In-App Purchases
- Creativity 365 - 1 Month $9.99
- Creativity 365 $19.99
- Creativity 365 - 1 Year $59.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.