This remarkable app can read and understand most of your PDF callsheets and crew lists.
It then pulls the names, and contact information of your coworkers and stores them in a searchable list of all your jobs.
● FilmTouch is a callsheet tracker and contact manager for the film industry.
● And it's PRIVATE. When you import files into FilmTouch™ you're the only one who can view them. You can't use this app to share callsheets & crew lists with anyone else, therefore you're not violating your NDA or production rules by using it.
● You can search within a list to help you filter out the results; like when you're trying to find the medic in a list of 75 crew members.
● You can import PDF callsheets and crew lists from Dropbox, iCloud, Google Drive, Box, OneDrive, Adobe Creative Cloud and any other app that integrates with the iOS file system.
● Multi-Day Support - Jobs are now split into separate days so you can see which crew & vendors appeared on a certain day.
● Please note: Callsheets and crew lists need to be text-based PDF's. (Unfortunately FilmTouch can't read scans or photos, and OCR is not reliable enough). And the app can understand roughly 80 to 90% of callsheets & crew lists, but there are some with unusual formatting that it can't yet import.
● New Import History: Now in the Import tab you can see a list of the files you've imported and their status. Helpful if you're trying to figure out what happened to a file.
● Fixed a bug that disconnected your account from iCloud therefore preventing some people from seeing old jobs that were imported on other devices.
● Fixed a bug that caused the "Import with FilmTouch" extension to come up blank sometimes. "Copy to FilmTouch" always worked, but with iOS 13 that's harder to find unless you tap "More..." and drag the extensions around to your liking (which we recommend doing).
● Fixed a few bugs that could prevent new jobs or job name edits from showing up until you restarted the app.
● Added the ability for you to share your device logs with us if you're having a problem.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Answers one of the most asked questions on set
I love this app for many reasons. One thing I constantly find myself asking people on set is: "what was that job we worked on together...?". Filmtouch answers that in seconds. The updated version is lightning fast. For me, one of the most useful features is search by position. I can quickly gather contact info for every producer I've ever worked with and send out an avail notice to remind people I'm still around after disappearing on a feature or just being away for an extended period. Thanks for helping me keep my callsheets so organized!!
New version is MUCH faster doing a search, which is great. Would still like to have a way to merge multiple days’ call sheets from the same job, but I know (hope) that’s coming!
Developer Response ,
Yes, job merging is on the list. We’ll have it out in a future version.
It’s a cool idea
I really like this idea, but it does not currently function well enough to be of any use to me. One out of four callsheets I tried to import would not be processed and every one of them processed at least a few names and positions incorrectly or not at all. I also was unable to edit or delete data that was incorrect. I would love to see this app grow because I think it could be an amazing tool, but as it is now I would not recommend it.
Developer Response ,
Hi Peggi. Thanks for the feedback. We’re working on it. We just released a new version where we rewrote all the code on the device and added some cool new features. Now we’re building a brand new API on the backend. This new architecture will allow us to add all these features that have been on our list for a long time. Including the ability to edit or delete data that’s incorrect as well as more transparency about what has happened to the files you’ve imported. And we’re always working on improving the algorithm that reads the thousands of different types of callsheets and crew lists out there.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.