● Import your PDF callsheets!
● FilmTouch™ is The Private Callsheet Manager for Film Industry Crew Members.
● It imports your PDF callsheets and crew lists into a private, searchable list of your jobs, companies and coworkers.
● And it stores their phone numbers and e-mail addresses so you can quickly contact them without fumbling for a callsheet.
● Search through all the Camera Assistants you've worked with...
● Tap to call the Gang Boss on your way to set... (or Transpo Captain for you TV and Feature people.)
● Look up the last time you worked with that Producer.
● Finally remember people's names.
● No one else can see the callsheets you import but you. They're all completely private. Using FilmTouch does NOT violate your NDA.
● Callsheets need to be text-based PDF's. (Unfortunately FilmTouch can't read scans, and OCR is not reliable enough).
● FilmTouch was designed around Commercials, Music Videos and Industrials. Results may not be perfect with Feature and Episodic callsheets.
● Your data is now Stored Locally*, which means the app is Much Faster! And you can use it Offline too! †
● Support for iPhone X/XR/XS/Max. (And ongoing support for the iPad).
● Search is now much faster, with results that update as you type. And you can search within a callsheet or job instead of scrolling to find the person or vendor you're looking for. And if you're viewing a list of jobs someone has done, you can search within that list for a specific job.
● Support for Dropbox, iCloud Drive, etc. - Now you can import PDF callsheets and crew lists from Dropbox, iCloud, Google Drive, Box, OneDrive, Adobe Creative Cloud and more. ‡
● Multi-Day Support - Jobs are now split into separate days so you can see which crew & vendors appeared on a certain day.
● New Sharing Extension: We've added an additional way to send files to FilmTouch called "Import with FilmTouch" that lets you stay in your current app (like Mail) without switching to FilmTouch for every import. To enable it just view a PDF (in Mail or elsewhere), tap the sharing arrow in the lower lefthand corner, and then on the lower row of gray buttons, scroll to the end and tap "More." Then enable "Import with FilmTouch" and drag it near the top of your list so that it's easy to access.
● Did we mention the app is much faster? I'm kind of forgetful. That's why I built this app.
* The first time you run the new version it may take a moment to download your data depending on how many callsheets you have.
† Imported files are still processed on our server before the data is stored locally on your device.
‡ To connect other cloud services (like Dropbox, OneDrive, etc.) download their app and then go to the FilmTouch App > Import > Locations > Edit, and turn on the switch next to a given service. Now you should be able access your files stored on these third-party cloud services from within FilmTouch.
Ratings and Reviews
Answers one of the most asked questions on set
I love this app for many reasons. One thing I constantly find myself asking people on set is: "what was that job we worked on together...?". Filmtouch answers that in seconds. The updated version is lightning fast. For me, one of the most useful features is search by position. I can quickly gather contact info for every producer I've ever worked with and send out an avail notice to remind people I'm still around after disappearing on a feature or just being away for an extended period. Thanks for helping me keep my callsheets so organized!!
New version is MUCH faster doing a search, which is great. Would still like to have a way to merge multiple days’ call sheets from the same job, but I know (hope) that’s coming!
Developer Response ,
Yes, job merging is on the list. We’ll have it out in a future version.
It’s a cool idea
I really like this idea, but it does not currently function well enough to be of any use to me. One out of four callsheets I tried to import would not be processed and every one of them processed at least a few names and positions incorrectly or not at all. I also was unable to edit or delete data that was incorrect. I would love to see this app grow because I think it could be an amazing tool, but as it is now I would not recommend it.
Developer Response ,
Hi Peggi. Thanks for the feedback. We’re working on it. We just released a new version where we rewrote all the code on the device and added some cool new features. Now we’re building a brand new API on the backend. This new architecture will allow us to add all these features that have been on our list for a long time. Including the ability to edit or delete data that’s incorrect as well as more transparency about what has happened to the files you’ve imported. And we’re always working on improving the algorithm that reads the thousands of different types of callsheets and crew lists out there.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.