We've made big updates to the only app that can read and understand your callsheets and crew lists.
Now your data is stored locally making this version over 100 times faster than previous versions! And search results that update as you type make FilmTouch™ a joy to use.
● FilmTouch is a callsheet tracker and contact manager for the film industry.
● And it's PRIVATE. When you import files into FilmTouch™ you're the only one who can view them. You can't use this app to share callsheets & crew lists with anyone else, therefore you're not violating your NDA or production rules by using the it.
● Send your PDF callsheets to the app (from your e-mail, Dropbox, etc.) and a unique algorithm will parse it for the names and contact information for your coworkers and vendors. Then they're all stored in the app so you can cross-reference your work history with each person and quickly call or e-mail them right from the app.
● Now you can search within a list to help you filter out the results; like when you're trying to find the medic in a list of 75 crew members.
● Now you can import PDF callsheets and crew lists from Dropbox, iCloud, Google Drive, Box, OneDrive, Adobe Creative Cloud and any other app that integrates with the iOS file system.
● Multi-Day Support - Jobs are now split into separate days so you can see which crew & vendors appeared on a certain day.
● Please note: Callsheets and crew lists need to be text-based PDF's. (Unfortunately FilmTouch can't read scans or photos, and OCR is not reliable enough).
Here's a bug fix version for our latest big release.
- Fixed an issue where new imports were sometimes not showing up in the jobs list until you performed a search.
- Fixed a bug that caused some job dates to show up as one day before the actual date.
- Fixed a bug: The initial data download will now resume if you leave the app in the middle and come back. (If you have any jobs that are empty when you tap on them it may be due to an incomplete initial data download. Go to the Account tab and choose Reset Data to download all your data again.)
Ratings and Reviews
Answers one of the most asked questions on set
I love this app for many reasons. One thing I constantly find myself asking people on set is: "what was that job we worked on together...?". Filmtouch answers that in seconds. The updated version is lightning fast. For me, one of the most useful features is search by position. I can quickly gather contact info for every producer I've ever worked with and send out an avail notice to remind people I'm still around after disappearing on a feature or just being away for an extended period. Thanks for helping me keep my callsheets so organized!!
New version is MUCH faster doing a search, which is great. Would still like to have a way to merge multiple days’ call sheets from the same job, but I know (hope) that’s coming!
Developer Response ,
Yes, job merging is on the list. We’ll have it out in a future version.
Now that you can download the data to your phone or iPad it’s perfect. Easily one of the most used apps on my phone. If you’re in the film business, this is a must have
Developer Response ,
Done! Now with Version 2.0 your data is store locally on your device for faster responsiveness and offline use. You only need to be online for new file imports which are processed by our server and then sent back to your device.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.