This Apple award winner is fun and relaxing! Play multiple concurrent games casually with friends, random opponents or match wits against bot players. You can even play within custom groups!
If you enjoy word games then you will love Letterpress for its intuitive play and beautiful design. Two players take turns spelling words to capture the board. Player with the most points wins!
• PLAY words at your own pace even across multiple games if you like concurrent play.
• ALWAYS FREE and full-featured.
• COMPETE against friends, let Letterpress find you an opponent or challenge one of our Bot players.
• CHAT in real-time with other players.
• TRACK your performance with Statistics and Leaderboards.
• DICTIONARIES power real-time word definitions.
• GROUP PLAY enables friends to play Letterpress within custom groups (no outsiders) enjoying group-level Statistics, Leaderboards and more great features!
• Many more game features and customizations available.
For free support and answers to frequently asked questions, head over to http://www.letterpressapp.com/support.html. Follow us on Twitter @LetterpressApp. Like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Letterpress. Play everywhere!
Letterpress is built in the USA by the team at Solebon LLC (http://www.solebon.com) where
we are dedicated to Sharpening Minds at Play.
Try our new “Add Recent Players” feature for GROUP PLAY to quickly add friends to your custom Letterpress group.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
It's a battle for vocabulary and territory supremacy in this addictive, strategic take on word games. Find a friend, start spelling, and dominate the board one letter at a time.
Inventive, simple wi a few flaws
I rated Letterpress 5-Stars because it’s in the top echelon of app games. I don’t mean that it is without its design shortcomings, however. I will make the following 3 observations:
(1) it’s fun, and as you play more you figure out alternative strategies to the initial attack & burrow-in approach which can be equally effective. I like the minimalism of its rules, format and operations.
(2) the lexicon continues to baffle me. I still play words which are valid but disallowed. And the abundance of foreign words that are allowed are disconcerting (“zapateros” was a recent example and there are numerous Russian and Arab transliterations which are allowed).
(3) I lose 10% of my games. Half of those are the result of a failure to foresee the favorable board I leave my opponent after submitting. A “preview” key would be nice but it detracts from the minimalism of the design and fosters laziness. Of the remaining 5%, half of those are bonafide words that I know and had not considered. The other half are walk-off winners which I have never heard of. Everyone has vastly different backgrounds and expertise so you can never be sure how they know these words. But archaisms and obsolete technical terms are a give away. And I bet there are a large number of players who are expert Scrabble players who routinely study word lists and unusual letter combinations.
Thank you, Atebits.
Ads are horrible... HORRIBLE!
The game itself is entertaining but after virtually every turn you must endure an ad. Recently, there is a 2 to 3 second lapse after you take your turn where the screen freezes and you can’t do anything until the ad plays. A few times I’ve unknowingly tapped the x to exit during this lapse and it automatically whisks me off to the App Store. Annoying, to say the least. I contacted their tech support who claimed they’ve made no changes to the ad format. Not sure I believe that. I feel this is a money making ploy, and I’ll be honest - I hate it.
UPDATE: Today, May 14, I encountered a 30-second ad after one of my turns. It was a FRANKENSTEIN RISING HOUSE OF FUN SLOTS ad. Is this what’s coming now, 30-second ads? And of course there’s no way to click out of it, so we must endure it. Horrible.
UPDATE: And I got it again 10 minutes later.
UPDATE: you keep claiming the ad setup hasn’t changed but I beg to differ. Instead of continually claiming that, maybe more importance and attention should be placed on what players are saying. The ad placement and/or functionality HAS changed, regardless of claims to the contrary. Ads now have a timer on 5 second them, and occasionally longer than 5. They didn’t have a timer in them until recently. The fact that you don’t understand what I mean escapes me because I tried to detail exactly what I’m experiencing.
UPDATE: I keep getting this scripted “not sure what you are talking about” response from the developer.
Developer Response ,
As we keep requesting, please contact us directly so we can assist you: http://www.letterpressapp.com/contact-us.html
- Solebon LLC
- 40.3 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © 2015 Solebon LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Letterpress Upgrade $4.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.