Wine Maps provides a handy visual reference, for the wine regions in twenty countries around the world. Its a great tool for anyone looking to learn more about the world of wine, and even better for those looking for maps to study from. It's perfect for those teaching others about wine, and Wine Maps provides a number of ways of exporting or printing maps.
Wine Maps focuses exclusively on mapping the wine regions of the world. It offers one hundred and twenty two maps, defining the wine regions. It is NOT an encyclopaedia of wine, and does not give any textual definitions or comment. Wine Maps is a purely visual reference, which allows you to search for the location of a wine region. With the exception of the top wineries in Bordeaux, individual vineyards do not appear on the maps. There's just too many of them!
Each map is one or two taps away from the main screen. Simply choose from the main wine region list, and you instantly have a map of that region. You can search for regions by name, and Wine Maps will neatly zoom into its location. The surrounding regions will be greyed out to highlight the selected region. Each map has the wine regions clearly presented, along with rivers, cities, and major towns.
You can adjust the major components for map. for example to hide the labels for wine regions. You can hide the rivers, or the towns and cities. On each map, controls are provided to show, grey out, or hide individual wine regions.
For commercial users, who would like to make more extensive use of the maps, an in-app purchase has been added. This provides a licence to distribute maps, via websites, videos, presentations, and more.
Wine Maps is also bundled with a companion app for your Apple TV. Allowing you to show off your wine knowledge, and TV simultaneously!
• Locate one of 1500+ wine regions in seconds
• 129 Maps covering 24 countries
• Accessible top down approach
• Maps can be printed, or exported as images
• A licence for commercial distribution is available as in in-app purchase
• Maps can be altered. For example, to hide labels, rivers, or towns and cities.
• Individual wine regions can be hidden, or greyed out
• Works offline
• iPad, iPhone and Apple TV support
• Currently on its 26th update. Wine Maps is actively developed (now with a version for the Mac desktop).
What regions are included?
- Overall World Map
- Overall Europe Map
- Central and Eastern Europe Map
Old World - 15 Countries, and 62 Regions:
- Czech Republic
(with fifteen main subregions, and further sub-subregions. Eleven from Bordeaux, six from Burgundy, and Bergerac),
(with nineteen subregions)
(with ten subregions)
New World - 9 Countries, and 40 Regions:
(with four subregions)
(with subregion Ontario)
- New Zealand
(with two subregions)
- South Africa
(with the subregion Western Cape)
(with subregions of seventeen states, and fifteen subregions of California)
All images generated using Wine Maps are issued under the "Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International Public License".
If you have purchased the Commercial Licence in-app purchase. All images generated are issued under the "Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International Public License".
By purchasing Wine Maps, or the Commercial Licence in-app purchase; you agree to adhere to the terms of the licence, which is appropriate to your purchase.
Your personal data (Name and Email) would only be collected in the event of you choosing to email the developer for support.
- Added a new map of Bergerac in the Sud Ouest map in France.
- Updated a most maps of France, with more details, and minor corrections.
- Updated Bordeaux in France
- Updated Burgundy in France
- Updated Cognac in France
- Updated Champagne in France
- Updated Languedoc in France
- Updated Loire in France
- Updated Loire in France
- Updated Rhone in France
- Updated Roussillon in France
- Updated Sud Ouest in France
- Updated Friulo Venezia Giulia in Italy with a minor correction
- Fix a possible crash, when the app enters the background
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Best in its class, a work in progress...
Don’t be fooled by my title; wine maps will always be a work in progress. You will NOT find a better wine map app at $.99. Even electronic wine books with maps are not as nicely portrayed as those in this app. As the developer continues to refine current content and add new maps, which he certainly intends to do as indicated by the version history, this app will easily attain 5 Stars.
A note about the navigation system: It is clean and simple. And while I found myself wanting to either navigate or explore additional information within the actual maps, I quickly adapted to using only the search and drop down menu. It would be a considerable amount of work—but worthy of an additional purchase option, if active navigation within maps could be used to display pop-up information about the selected region.
This app is amazing! I love all the details, you can zoom into a specific area, AND YOU CAN PRINT IT!
I’d love to see grape varietals along with the regions. Perhaps that would be difficult, especially with new world wines.
Anyhow, glad I purchased it, for ONLY .99 cents :)
Great Tool for Studying Wine
These maps are very well organized and easy to read. One of the best quick-reference tools for wine studies that I have seen. I have never encountered a glitch and I appreciate that new appellations are added in a timely fashion.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Jonathan Lord
- 57.7 MB
- Food & Drink
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Apple TV
- Requires tvOS 11.4 or later.
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © Jon Lord
- In-App Purchases
- Commercial Copyright Licence $4.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.