Make Time for Reading—Even When You’re Booked
Organize and schedule your reading in seconds. Create a list of books in your library that you want to read, then start a reading plan when you’re ready to dig in. Just choose the book, pick a time frame, and the plan is in place. It’s that simple.
Never Lose Your Audience—or Your Place
With Preaching Mode, your homily outline or manuscript is easy to read, you get a clear view of all your slides, and a built-in timer gives you a heads-up if you’re going long. And it works perfectly offline.
See the Big Picture in a Short Glance with Factbook
When you have to squeeze homily prep between that hospital visit and the deacon meeting, there’s no time to waste. Just search for your sermon passage or topic to find curated overviews. Or dive deep into trusted sermon resources. Not only are we bringing Factbook to mobile for the first time, Factbook for Logos 9 has more data than ever before.
Use Reference Scanner to snap a picture of a document and look up many verses at once, then save those verses as a Passage List.
Easier to Find What You're Looking For
Access powerful search features from any book or resource. Quickly navigate to to any verse in the Bible, or search your library to go deeper.
The Verbum mobile app runs on Logos’ powerful Bible software and is the world’s most advanced resource for mobile Catholic study. The Verbum app surrounds the Bible with the Tradition. Verbum comes with 15 free books, including the Lectionary, six Bible translations, reference works, and saints’ lives resources, and works seamlessly with your other Logos books, such as the Catechism of the Catholic Church. When you sign in with a free Logos account, you get access to many more free resources and features, such as the Sources of Catholic Dogma (Denzinger), reading plans, highlights, and note–taking features. The Verbum app syncs across all your platforms, so you can pick up right where you left off. Download the free Verbum app today and bring the Mind of the Church with you wherever you go.
*The Catholic Lectionary, The Roman Catechism, Pictorial Lives of the Saints, Sources of Catholic Dogma (Denzinger), Thomas a Kempis’ The Imitation of Christ, Newman’s An Essay on the Development of Christian Doctrine, Chesterton’s Orthodoxy, and many more.
*Free Bibles: The Revised Standard Version Catholic Edition, Douay-Rheims, King James Version, Clementine Vulgate, Novum Testamentum Graece (Tischendorf), The Greek New Testament: SBL Edition, Westcott-Hort Greek New Testament, Lexham English Bible.
* LECTIONARY: Access daily readings with a simple tap.
* CATECHISM OF THE CATHOLIC CHURCH: The app integrates fully with the Logos edition of the Catechism.
* NOTES: Attach your thoughts, comments, and questions to any verse or book.
* HIGHLIGHTING: Mark the text however you want with fully customizable colors and text options.
* COMMUNITY NOTES: Share verse-by-verse thoughts and comments with your Faithlife groups.
* BIBLE WORD STUDY: Learn more about any word by examining dictionaries, lexicons, and cross-references.
* PASSAGE GUIDE: Get a detailed, verse-specific report including commentaries, lexicons, and cross-references.
* SPLIT SCREEN: Follow threads of meaning through multiple books at the same time.
* SEARCH: Find every mention of a word or phrase in every resource in your library.
* SOCIAL: Share with your Faithlife groups and keep up with what’s going on.
* Add support for "Save to Passage List" from Factbook.
* Add top Factbook results in the Omnibox.
* Add a Factbook results section in Entire Library search, as well as a new Factbook search collection.
* Enable navigating between resources in a series from the Omnibox. For example, if you are in the Genesis commentary volume in a series and enter a passage from Romans, the application will navigate to the appropriate volume in the series if possible.
* The search bar on the Home page will now offer suggestions like elsewhere in the application.
* Added Systematic Theologies and Recommended Reading Sections to Factbook.
* Added a Today in Christian History section keyed to the Day of the Year.
* Improved the tapability of buttons for resources on the library screen.
* Enter select/edit mode when long-pressing a list in Library, Notes, and Passage Lists.
* In addition to location, include your Proclaim Groups when looking for presentations to follow.
* Improved Words of Christ in dark mode.
* Added a Feedback option to the Help menu.
* Fixed several highlight styles that didn't work in dark mode, such as box, double box, double underline, etc. Also improved the vibrancy of some resource and highlight colors in dark mode.
* Fixed issue with underline text in notes not being visible in notes in dark mode.
* Tapping in the reading plan complete screen will now show/hide the tab controls.
* Fixed an issue navigating to "Today" in devotional resources.
* Fixed passage list previews for whole chapter references (i.e. Romans 8).
* Other various fixes.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
This app has changed my life!
This app is utterly amazing and has changed my life. I find myself interacting with the scriptures (and other amazing sources too!) like never before. Many of the other resources made available for free are worth their weight in gold too (Denzinger for instance). This app works particularly well with the Apple Pencil which allows you to select passages and highlight with ease. The app also includes comprehensive clipping features to save all your favorite passages (from any source) for easy reference later. There are also robust sharing features including a positively brilliant “visual copy” feature that converts your selected passage into a great graphic for sharing on social media. This app is so well done I am very seriously considering investing in one of their comprehensive resource suites.
Updates not as useful
Thank you for this app! I use every day, and I very much appreciate it. However, I am not as impressed with the updated dashboard interface-it’s dull and harder to find what I am looking for. The verse of the day is not as inspiring as it once was, and it seems as if though there may be a new artist or a group of artists, however the recent verses are not very good, in my opinion. I do like the fact that you can click on the Image and it takes you to the verse. The newer ones (within the last several months) or not as inspiring as they used to be, and often are highlighting negative passages. For example the one listed for December 5, 2019, refers to a Punishment of the children of Israel. I realize that we must see both sides of the spiritual equation, however, that should be reflected within the understanding of the person, or persons creating these “inspirational verses of the day.” I used to regularly share these with others so that they may be inspired as I was, however, I am finding fewer and fewer of them are worth sending to others.
Love this app
I bought Verbum to help during graduate studies, and it has been terrific. I can flip through different passages in the Bible that we are discussing, then jump to a paragraph from the documents of Vatican II, and still keep up with the professor and my notes.
I put the app on my phone and have found myself dipping into scripture throughout the day. I look at the daily readings, or go looking for a particular passage that relates to a conversation I’m having. It can do a lot more, and I have used it for more than just a Bible app, but for the most part that’s how I use it. It’s a lot easier to quickly find the information I want than any other Bible app I’ve ever used.
Highly recommend this app for anyone who already uses Verbum.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Usage Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Faithlife Corporation
- 174.5 MB
Requires iOS 13.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Korean, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2021 Faithlife / Logos Bible Software
- In-App Purchases
- The Ignatius Bible $9.99
- New American Bible, rev. ed. $9.99
- Catholic Study Bible, 2nd ed. $24.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.