Staying on top of award-winning Philadelphia news is now faster and easier than ever with The Philadelphia Inquirer’s iPhone and iPad app; the official iOS news app for The Philadelphia Inquirer and Philadelphia Daily News.
WITH THE PHILADELPHIA INQUIRER APP YOU CAN:
• DISCOVER the latest breaking news and important updates with our intuitive news feed and uncluttered reading experience.
• EXPLORE the news topics you care about from sports teams like the Eagles and Phillies to local news with our seamless section navigation.
• REMEMBER the stories that matter to you with quick action buttons for bookmarking and sharing.
• Alerts and Notifications - be the first to know with verified breaking news. Easily access breaking news articles with one click on a notification.
• Personalized Feed - customize the news feed to follow the topics that matter most to you. Switch between your personalized feed and Latest Headlines with just a tap.
• Multitasking Support - conveniently use another app with The Philadelphia Inquirer App at the same time on compatible iOS devices.
• Text Size Customization - read more comfortably with the ability to increase/decrease article font sizes.
• Frequent Updates - stay connected with 24/7 coverage and other important news throughout the day.
• Haptic Touch Support - get a sneak peak of the latest headlines by pressing and holding our app icon.
• Today Widget - quickly access the latest headlines from your Apple widget menu.
THE PHILADELPHIA INQUIRER FOR IMESSAGE:
• Now you can share articles recently read or bookmarked without ever leaving Apple's Messages App.
• Enable the iMessage extension inside the Messages App Store and start sending articles as easily as text messaging.
APPLE WATCH - KEY FEATURES:
• Get the latest news instantly on your watch screen with the ability to bookmark and read later from your iPhone or iPad.
• Stay ahead with alerts and notifications conveniently on your watch screen.
Be a part of the future for Philadelphia news with The Philadelphia Inquirer app.
Have feedback? Reach out to our support team under Settings > Submit Feedback.
• PERSONALIZE The Philadelphia Inquirer experience by following the topics that interest you. Switch between your personalized feed and Latest Headlines with just a tap. Get notified of breaking news and live updates for the topics that matter to you.
• REGISTER for a free online account or LOG IN with your existing inquirer.com account to save your custom settings.
• We've made even more improvements to articles, images and accessibility with more to come.
• And as always, many bug fixes and improvements.
We'd love to hear from you: Tap Submit Feedback in the Settings menu to share your feedback with The Philadelphia Inquirer app team.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
I always have appreciated the Inquirer and the writers who work hard researching & writing good articles. My only suggestion would be a more balanced approach to writing about sex abuse scandals which seem to be rampant across many pubic & private organizations, and religious institutions. However, Inquirer only seems to focus on the Catholic Church with front page coverage. Please also write articles on the millions of people the Catholic church assists with life saving care, food & support. Thank you!
Proud of our local paper
I’m so proud of the strides the Inquirer has made over the last year. Continuing their great reporting on important local issues is obviously essential but finally having a more streamlined app to read the news on the go is almost better. Keep up the good work!
Severe political bias
I have been a subscriber to “Inky” for over 50 years. They have always been politically biased toward Democrats both specifically and generally. Their allowance of hatred against President Trump in the Guise of “opinion pieces” in hitting below the line. And, they are getting worse. The organization of the publishing structure as a non-profit has undermined any hint of fairness and the non-profit status should be revoked. They really don’t serve a broad base. Most people I talk with have already shed their subscription and/or have a low opinion of the inquirer as a balanced news provider or as having a fair opinion section.
- Philadelphia Media Network (Digital), LLC
- 81.8 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 and watchOS 3.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © The Philadelphia Inquirer, LLC
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.