Read today’s newspaper with the Dayton Daily News ePaper.
The Dayton Daily News ePaper is formatted in the same page-by-page format as print and you can read it on iPad or iPhone. It is the complete newspaper “delivered” to you each morning via a push notification before 6 a.m. It is a convenient way for Dayton Daily News subscribers to access our local in-depth journalism wherever you are — and it is easy to navigate.
• Organized and simple to use, with multiple ways to view each section, plus a table of contents
• Access to a whole week of newspapers and archives
• Dayton Daily News ePaper-only expanded community news and special sections
• Easy to share stories by email, Facebook and Twitter
• Easy access to comics, obituaries and sales circulars
• Quick loading pages
• Reader-friendly format and adjustable font size
• Download for reading offline
• The price of our subscription is $9.99 for 1 month
• Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
• Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
• Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal
• Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase
• Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable
Terms of our Visitor Agreement: https://www.daytondailynews.com/news/local/visitor-agreement/rDmdGWLRkDErGMiMidjfUI/
If you have problems with the Dayton Daily News ePaper, please contact us at email@example.com and we'll be happy to help you.
Fixed a bug with iOS 9 devices.
Ratings and Reviews
Less buggy but not great
Biggest annoyance is when you are in article read mode, if you side swipe left-right even the slightest when you intend to scroll up-down, the article reloads and you start at the top. I also don’t like that the page swipe to next page completely locks until the ad loads at the bottom. On some days that can take several seconds.
Worst iPad App - Ever
Many people have already shared my problems with this version of the app - it crashes every time I use it, especially on certain sections. And today I tried downloading the paper to try and prevent the crash but to no avail - the app crashed on both the same pages from when I was accessing the paper on-line.
And to make matters worse, I have contacted the customer (no-)service department several times to report this problem, and after ignoring me the first two times, they finally reported “we have reported the problem to our developers” but to date nothing has changed.
This is almost made me cancel the paper altogether since the ePaper app is my only option several days a week.
Not bad but very inconsistent
I like reading the paper in real newspaper format rather than loading article after article. This app allows that.
However, it has a habit of unexpectedly closing itself. When you reopen the app it may or may not be where you left off, so you may have to find your place again.
Another annoying trait is that the next 1-5 pages might be spinning as if they are loading, but if you skip ahead, beyond those pages the following pages are ready to read.
Overall, I enjoy using my iPad to read the DDN.
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
- Usage Data
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- User Content
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Ohio Newspapers, Inc
- 88.4 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
English, Finnish, French, German, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © Dayton Daily News
- In-App Purchases
- The Dayton Daily News ePaper $9.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.