Building upon the global success of 60 million+ downloads of PDF Reader series, Kdan Mobile has taken a step forward to migrate the technology to Apple’s Mac platform. Covering all the essentials and more, PDF Reader is one of the world’s leading PDF solutions across any Apple device. Its expert features allow you to view, annotate, combine, compress, organize and sign PDFs with ease. Now you can efficiently work with PDFs on your iPhone, iPad, and Mac.
AWARDS AND RECOGNITION
- Winner of the 2020 High Performer award in the File Reader Software category on G2 Crowd.
- Featured as one of the “Best PDF readers for Mac of 2020” apps on Techradar.
- Productivity: Top 10 free apps in the USA, Germany, China, Brazil, UK and many other stores.
• Edit text contents in PDFs without turning them back to the original file format
• Replace, add, or delete text directly
• Support to change font size and color
• Compress the file size of PDFs
• Combine & split PDFs
• Protect PDFs with passwords and watermarks
• Create fillable PDF forms
• Multi-tab viewing
• View BOTA (Bookmark, Outline, Thumbnail, Annotation) Summary
• View PDF in single page or double page view.
• Dark mode supported (available for macOS Mojave and later)
• Highlight, underline, and strikeout text
• Add shapes, sticky notes, and text boxes
• PDF signature & form filling
• Add stamps indicating time and date information
• Insert hyperlinks to external websites, target pages, and email address
• Two operating modes – File Viewer & Management
• Create PDF from connected scanner and iOS devices
• Create shortcuts to import local folders connecting with PDF Reader
• Organize PDF files with tags
KDAN CLOUD SERVICES – SIGN UP FOR FREE
• View PDFs online by sending file links.
• Upload and manage files directly from your browser.
• Send download links from the web with password protection.
IN-APP PURCHASE (FREE TRIAL AVAILABLE)
Convert, edit, and sync PDFs on the go by subscribing to Kdan Mobile’s Document 365 services. Work with PDFs across all devices and platforms with ease.
WHAT IS DOCUMENT 365?
Document 365 is a comprehensive, cross-device document solution aimed at improving your productivity. The PDF document solution includes Kdan's best PDF Reader mobile and desktop apps along with online converting and faxing services. With document 365, you can leverage your productivity every day. And it starts now.
PREMIUM PDF FEATURES
• Full access to PDF Reader all versions, including iOS, Mac, and more
• View multiple PDFs as tabs
• OCR Converter (Perform OCR on scanner PDFs)
• Convert and fax documents online
• Batch encrypting PDF documents
• Change PDF background
• Apply bates number to PDF pages
• Customize PDF with headers, footers, and page numbers
• Rotate, rearrange, add, & delete PDF pages
• Add PDF watermark, merge & split
• Night reading mode
• 1 TB storage space on Kdan Cloud
FREE TRIAL DETAILS
- Try out the subscription content before you buy it. We offer 7-day and 14-day free trial periods to new subscribers of Document 365.
Subscriptions will be charged through your iTunes account at the confirmation of purchase. Your subscriptions will automatically renew unless canceled at least 24 hours before the end of current subscription period. Your iTunes account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, for the same duration and at the present subscription price. No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during an active subscription period.
Terms of service: https://auth.kdanmobile.com/articles/terms_of_service
Got a question? Contact us at email@example.com or check out https//support.kdanmobile.com
■ Replace, edit, add or delete text directly in PDFs without converting them back to the original file format.
■ You can edit contents by deleting or overwriting the mistake, adjusting alignment, changing the font size, and replacing the font color.
■ Added the new “Home” page where you can find shortcuts to the essential tools you need.
■ We launched 20+ free PDF Templates to help make your work done faster and smarter.
■ Support to export annotations in multiple file formats, including text, HTML, and Markdown.
■ Support to save and print PDFs with more options of paper size, including Poster, Multiple, Booklet.
■ Overall stability and performance improvements.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Best PDF Reader, but I still hate PDF
After being in web development since the mid-90s, I have always hated PDF. Adobe can make anything halfway decent much worse than one would expect (look at Coldfusion), and has destroyed the core idea: a readable, pixel-perfect doc, with forms, editing tools, data integration, and all the crap that makes people use it in ways for which there are better tools. All I want is to read a doc without the stupid free reader Adobe provides.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for supporting! Welcome to share any suggestions with us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Its OK but...
Im no fan of Adobe, so I tried this alternative but its lacking in some basic features.
This does do basic virewing and printing of complete files acceptabley, But…
It wont let me print a custom list of pages like Adobe does, Like Print Pages 1,4,7, 12-20, 72. Instead I would have to print each of those pages or ranges, one at a time.
First, it starts off im Thumbnail mode all the time, cant seem to turn that off as a startup feature. Only developers need theumbnail mode, the rest of us just want to view pages in as full a screen real estate as possible. Also, the search feature is weird - it presents the hourglass for several seconds as you beging to type the first letter or letters of the search word, and it crashes ofetn after one or more searches. It doesnt highlight the search results on the viewable page, instead it opens a search results thumbnail list on the left of the scren even though search box is on the right and displayed page is in the middle.
Also, there should be a navigation pane that displays current page number and first and last page number that lets you quickly navigate to top, bottom or a specific page number.
Developer Response ,
Hi HomeDocNY, Thanks for your review. You can export select pages as a new PDF and print as one. Here is a tutorial https://support.kdanmobile.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000608514-How-to-Export-Selected-Pages-as-a-New-Separate-PDF.
Also, for the thumbnail mode as you referring to when it displays the list of files? If so there is a thumbnail and list icon in the bottom right-hand corner, just click the list icon to switch the viewing mode, if you are referring to something else, please kindly email us at email@example.com with more details and we'd be happy to assist you.
Resolution doesn’t match competitors
I was hoping to attach a screenshot to show, but it doesn’t appear to be possible. Regardless, the gist here is, documents viewed on PDF Reader are fuzzy. I don’t know if it’s a resolution thing or what, but the fact remains, when I open the same document (scanned or otherwise) in this app and, let’s say, Acrobat or Foxit, as well, the words aren’t as easy to read because of the fuzziness observed.
PDF Reader isn’t alone. I purchased a different PDF editor a couple years ago and noticed the same thing. That editor had/has a lot of other issues as well, but having already purchased it, I couldn’t get a refund. I am eternally grateful for free trials, because I expect to get what I pay for. Why pay for an app that doesn’t perform as well as a free one? I don’t know why it’s so hard to get a PDF app that can actually do it all and do it well. Some have OCR, some don’t. Some share documents across multiple platforms, some don’t. PDF Reader has these features. It’s what I’m looking for, but the documents need to appear as clear as any free app or I won’t purchase it. PDF Reader is one of the few one can purchase via a one time charge. That’s also a huge plus.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for sharing your suggestions. Please kindly send us the problematic document to firstname.lastname@example.org. We'll provide you the resolutions. PDF Reader supports OCR and online conversion which are available with a subscription to our service. If you have any further suggestions, please do not hesitate to contact us, thank you.
- Kdan Mobile Software LTD
- 28.3 MB
macOS 10.12 or later, 64-bit processor
English, French, German, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2013-2020 Kdan Mobile Software Ltd. All Rights Reserved.
- In-App Purchases
- Document 365 $59.99
- Permanent License $89.99
- Document 365 $19.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.