Enhance your experience on the water. Paddle Logger provides the functionality you need to record your journeys and track your goals, wrapped up in a beautiful, simple, accessible piece of software that doesn't intrude on your time on the water.
In no time at all you can get to the water, set up and be on it by following three simple steps:
- Start the app
- Press the big circle
Whether you want to record your first time on the water or you are in training for an event, Paddle Logger is for you. Whatever your craft - SUP, Kayak, Canoe, Prone Paddleboard. You can even use it sailing or swimming! Paddle Logger is free with some features requiring an additional purchase.
Join thousands of athletes and adventurers all over the world tracking their journeys with Paddle Logger!
Paddle Logger Features:
- Track your journeys using the GPS in devices you already own.
- Set the adjustable delay, allowing you to safely stow your device before getting on the water and protecting your phone.
- Incorporating Apple Watch, you now no longer need to take your phone on the water to record journeys (However we advise taking your phone in a waterproof case - even the most experienced paddlers can get into difficulty.)
- With Siri integration to start and end a paddle you don’t need to worry about having your device out near the water!
- Using the watch enjoy integration with Healthkit and the Health App, this means that your activity on the water also counts towards filling your Health Rings!
- Enable Water Lock on the Apple Watch in settings (within Paddle Logger Apple Watch App) in case you get wet and need to clear the speakers.
- View your trip details in the Digital Logbook. Edit trip notes about your journey and share the trip map and data to any Social Media, including deep integration with Facebook.
- Swipe right from the home screen and view your weekly paddle statistics in the Paddle Logger Widget.
Paddle Logger Pro features:
- Paddler in Trouble (PiT) service. Keeping you connected to your loved ones on the water.
- View more detailed data from your session, including Speed, Pace and Splits Data
- Now offering nautical miles and knots for tracking.
- Sort your trips into custom folders and track certain types of session for training and challenges
- Drop pins while out on the water and then view stats for different legs of your trip on the trip map or in the trip details.
- On the detailed satellite Trip Map, visually see how your speed changes across your journey
- Take selfies and photos of your adventures? View them in the Trip Photo Gallery, want to add images after you've finished. Press the camera in the gallery to choose from the Camera or Photos app to add new images.
Paddle Logger Pro is offered on a Monthly or Annual subscription with payments charged to your iTunes account at the confirmation of purchase.†
**It is imperative that before heading out for the first time on the water with the watch, you must first do a dummy trip on your phone. Otherwise the trips will not be saved to your digital logbook!**
(We recommend purchasing a quality waterproof case so you do not end up damaging your phone)
NB: remember - while we have tried our utmost to allow great battery life with the app running (we have regularly managed 8hrs+ paddle time) continued use of GPS in the background can dramatically decrease battery life of both the Apple Watch and iPhone!
† Payment will be automatically charged to your iTunes account at the confirmation of purchase. The subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current charging period. Your account will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period. Auto-renewal may be turned off by the user by visiting Account Settings after purchase. Any unused portion of a free trial period will be forfeited when a purchase to a subscription occurs, where applicable. www.paddlelogger.com/s/terms
This is tidy up and fix release will probably be our last before iOS 13.
- Fixed bug if trip was cancelled during countdown
- Moved splits to above notes in the log book
- Fixed for average speed calculations. All your trips will automatically be updated with the correct calculations
- Fixed app stopping other audio on app startup
- Start session "Beep" plays even if phone is muted
Thanks for your support as always,
Dave & Lewis
Ratings and Reviews
Could be awesome with some improvements
It does what it was meant to do with a elegant interface and a value cost. It would be a great app (and an even greater value at $5.99) with the following improvements. Fix the watch app. I could start my paddle on the watch, but not stop it. I have to stop it on the iPhone. It took me a while to figure out where the setting was to change km to miles. If the settings button was more clearly labeled, that would be in keeping with an already beautifully simple and elegant interface. Looking forward to these improvements.
Updated review: my criticism regarding the kilometer/mile setting being difficult to find has been addressed in the latest version. I’m impressed at the developer’s attention to his customer’s feedback. I have yet to see if the watch app problem has been fixed. But for the improvement and dedication of the developer, I’ve bumped my review up to 4 stars.
Developer Response ,
Hey there, thanks for your positive review. We have had some issues with the Apple Watch and while it is taking some time - we feel we are making progress. With regards to your settings suggestion. It would be great to have some feedback on how this could be improved. Please do get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org - We have some ideas, but always keen to hear from users! Thanks.
Updated Response: Awesome thanks for updating your review! Please make sure you have updated the iOS/WatchOS and Paddle Logger to the latest versions. Thanks!!
The logging features of this app are excellent. If you want to turn on the app and stick your phone in a dry box then it is perfect. It even gives you the ability to set a delay so that you have time to stow everything, get in the kayak and then start logging after a set time period. For that Part of the functionality I give the app 5 stars.
What I’m disappointed in is the Apple Watch functionality. It still works for logging, but the display gives you very little information. The great thing about the Apple Watch is being able to see data on your wrist as you paddle. I want to be able to at least see Distance, Duration, Speed and Heart Rate.
The only thing you can see while paddling with this app is distance and duration. If the developers could add some more data fields (preferably user selectable) and access to control your music from in-app then it would be easy to rate this a 5 star app.
Developer Response ,
This is fantastic feedback. Thank you very much. We are currently building out this aspect of the functionality to get more data in front of people if they would like to see it. This will form part of a wider update to the Paddle Logger system. Hopefully fulfilling and allowing you to see what you want and hide what you don't! Thanks!
Like it lots - Update: Bug
New: first, thanks for the new A-watch interface update, much better. But since then, my paddles have not been recorded properly in the Apple workout app. Case in point, today a 7+ mile paddle was recorded as 3.5 miles, although it showed up correctly on the PL app itself. This is the third consecutive time. Please fix. Thanks
Old: Kudos to the developer. Been SUPing for about ten years and this app does a nice job in capturing our little jaunts. But I think the Apple Watch interface is a bit clunky and not all that intuitive, and the thought of spending $4/mo. for the premium version is ludicrous to us. Of course I have no knowledge of the actual demand curve, but I’m pretty sure if there was a one-time charge of $9.99, or MAYBE a .99/mo. fee, his cash flow would increase significantly. Just a thought. And thanks again for an excellent app.
Developer Response ,
Hi there, thanks for your kind words! We will take your comments about pricing on board, it is probably worth noting as well that an Annual Subscription is a significant discount month on month when compared to the Monthly Subscription. Do get in touch if you have any other queries! Thanks
UPDATE: thanks for the message about the potential bug, if you could contact us in app it would be really useful to start a conversation and help more easily! Thanks!
- Paddle Logger Ltd.
- 43.2 MB
- Health & Fitness
Requires iOS 12.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2019 Paddle Logger Ltd
- In-App Purchases
- Pro - Monthly $3.99
- Pro - Annual $29.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.
Get things done within this app using just your voice.