Hi, we're Jonas, Trevor, and Dan, the crew behind Hello Weather. There are a million weather apps out there, and they're all overloaded with ugly ads, confusing interfaces, and stupid gimmicks. We think that stinks, so we made the antidote—a straightforward, no-nonsense app that’s a joy to use.
Five reasons why you’ll love planning your day with Hello Weather...
1. All the info you need is right in your face.
Our gorgeous, information-rich design shows you everything that matters in one simple screen. You’ll see the current conditions and future forecast in an instant.
2. You won’t waste time looking at useless stuff.
Hello Weather intelligently adapts to changing conditions. When it's stormy, you’ll see all the relevant details right upfront. When conditions improve, it’s all tucked neatly out of the way again.
3. You’ll get predictions you can trust.
Hello Weather is more than a pretty face. It’s powered by the world’s best data sources: Dark Sky, AccuWeather, The Weather Company, and AerisWeather. Pick the provider that's best in your area, or switch back and forth to compare. (Upgrade required.)
4. You don’t need to be a weather expert.
What does barometric pressure mean? Is the dewpoint good or bad? We translated those esoteric stats into human words, so you’ll know how it really feels outside.
5. It’ll make you smile.
We filled the app with tons of thoughtful little touches to brighten your day. You’ll love the beautiful color themes, automatic night mode, and sweet secret extras.
And that's not all…
• Radar’s built right in.
When a storm's a-brewin', we've got your back! Our powerful radar tab shows you exactly what's headed your way. (Available in the US, UK, Europe, Canada, Japan, and Australia.)
• Apple Watch app, complications, and widgets too!
See the same great forecasts at a quick glance on your wrist or Today screen.
• Made with <3 by a tiny indie company.
We pour a lot of love into our app, and we take great care of our customers. We're always just an email or tweet away!
Here's what the experts say:
"An easy, straightforward weather app that shows you just what you need to know."
"Hello Weather strips it down to the essence."
"Very smart, with a clean layout and readable graphs. It eschews complexity without limiting information."
"Well designed and clearly made with love, with lots of delightful little details throughout.
— Tools and Toys"
Hello Weather's FREE forever and it’s only $6.99/year for the Pro stuff.
• No ads or gimmicks!
• Simple and easy to read forecasts.
• Automatic color themes (cold, warm, hot) and dark mode.
• Unlimited saved locations.
• Powered by Dark Sky.
• Weather Units customization.
Join our Fan Club for $6.99/year and get:
• Radar (US, UK, Europe, Canada, Japan, & Australia only)
• Apple Watch app and complications
• Forecast data sources: Dark Sky, Accuweather, The Weather Company, or AerisWeather
• Real-time precipitation estimates (US, UK, & Ireland only)
• Theme controls
• Custom Home Screen icons
• Other secret stuff!
If you decide to upgrade for extra features, you'll have 3 days to try the upgrades for free. After that, you'll be charged $6.99/year on a renewing basis unless you cancel.
ONE MORE THING!
Thanks so much for trying Hello Weather! We hope you like it. <3
Hello! We're back with a big pile of minor improvements before we add some major ones :D
• Made the Apple Watch complications look nicer if you download the app from the Watch App Store.
• Shortened location names down to the bare minimum so they get truncated less frequently.
• Fixed an issue on larger watches where the last temperature in the hourly chart wasn't showing.
• Reduced data usage for complications (they still show the same stuff at the same intervals, they just won't cause as many requests for data.)
Main app fixes:
• Fixed that the pull-to-refresh behavior would occasionally get stuck.
• Improved some scenarios where the humidity meter would erroneously say "Feels dry" when it's actively raining and does not feel dry at all!
• Tweaked how we display precipitation intensity when it's sleeting.
• Improved precipitation probability logic so it's a bit more accurate.
• Fixed an occasional crash on the Fan Club upgrade screen.
• Added some smarts to how we request forecasts, so we can speed up the load times a bit more.
• Added a button for some background info about the app and the people who make it.
Hope this makes your Hello Weathering a little better. Cheers y'all <3
Ratings and Reviews
Beautiful and simple yet info-rich
Everything I ever wanted in a weather app! It has the accurate weather forecasts of Dark Sky, but is much more readable and beautiful. The color-coded infographics make it easy to check the weather at a glance. Best of all there are no intrusive ads. Even if you choose not to pay for the subscription, there is just one simple, non-distracting banner encouraging you to get an annual sub for full features. I was disappointed that the Apple Watch companion was hidden behind a pay wall, but I was so impressed by the iPhone app that I went ahead and subscribed for a year. In my opinion this is the best weather app on the market, but I can’t help but mention that I feel although the $6.99 annual pricing is manageable, it feels rather steep compared to other weather apps. The inclusion of multiple data sources is a really nice feature but I could live with a few less sources if the annual sub was a few dollars cheaper or if it was a flat one-time fee. All-in-all I am incredibly impressed with these devs. Keep up the great work!
Is it worth buying? ABSOLUTELY
Let me start by mentioning things that we buy everyday that cost more than $4.99. A chipotle bowl with guacamole costs around $9, a chick fil a 4 chicken strip meal cost about $7, 1/2 a sandwich with soup cost around $6 at Panera and 3 scoops of ice cream anywhere cost around $5. For none of the above you think twice if you are going to buy it right? Once you are in line, what do you do? Pay for it. So if you are reading this is because you are interested in this amazing app so let me tell you it is worth investing in it.
So I already justified the $4.99. Now let’s move to the why? First, this app offers 5 different sources for weather information in a single app. If you wanted those sources, individually it would be over $15. Second, you can customize the color presentation of not even the app itself but even the logo. Third, it gives the information that is necessary for the average human being. A lot of apps do offer more info on the main screen but let’s be real here...does anyone care about anything else besides when is it going to rain/snow, what is the temperature and how windy it’s going to be? Nope. I am not saying this are the only things the app offers but you trying to keep things in perspective. Bottom line, give it a try.
- from someone that spent over $25 dollars already trying to look for the perfect weather app.
FYI - this is the second review I have ever done on a app so that just says how happy I am with it.
Developer Response ,
Thanks so much for your wonderful review! Glad you’re digging the app 😁
Great concept, needs improvement
I WANT to love this app- the simplicity and appealing design is eye-pleasing and easy to use and navigate through. On the other hand, $7/year just to have access to the radar is a little ridiculous. I understand that there are no ads so you have to make your money somehow, but that’s just too pricey in my opinion when I can have easy access to the weather radar on another app. Also, the accuracy of predicted weather, even an hour from now, is annoyingly inaccurate. Numerous of times I have prepared for a 100% sunny day due to the apps weather prediction for the day, then it happens to monsoon at an inconvenient time while I have no rain jacket nor umbrella (because who needs those things when the sun should be shining all day?).. my point is, its unreliable to the point where I have to double check on another app to be sure that the weather is predicted accurately.
Other than that, I love the idea of this app, the nice widget option, and I really like how the weather is given to you in simple layman’s terms. I’d buy the app if it were cheaper and once it improves a bit.
- Electric Dream Machine Inc.
- 35.7 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 and watchOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © Electric Dream Machine Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Hello Weather Fan Club $6.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.