Develop your critical thinking skills, construct stronger arguments, express your thoughts more effectively, and picture lines of reasoning via ArguMap Pro!
Just as ordinary maps helps us to figure out where to go geographically, so argument maps help us to shine light on the landscape of reasoning. ArguMap Pro, an app for mapping out arguments, has been specifically tailored and optimized to help people easily visualize their arguments and lines of reasoning. It allows people to lay out and explore on screen the essential ingredients of lines of reasoning / arguments: premises, conclusions, objections, counter-objections, and the expressions of the logical relations among all those claims.
ArguMap Pro has the following features that make it superior to regular mind-mapping apps when it comes to mapping arguments:
* ArguMap Pro allows its users easily to group claims together to show how they jointly provide reasons in favor of a conclusion. ArguMap Pro makes that grouping of claims as easy as dragging them onto each other.
* ArguMap Pro users can make use of connecting arrows specifically tailored to depicting how certain claims provide reasons *for* (solid green line) or *against* (dotted red line) other claims.
* With simple drags and clicks, ArguMap Pro users can easily group or ungroup claims, and connect or disconnect parts of a map. As a result, trying out different lines of reasoning is as easy as arranging pieces of paper on a table.
* With thicker or thinner connecting lines, ArguMap Pro can show how some premises offer stronger or weaker reasons in favor of a conclusion.
* Individuals can provide feedback on the various parts of a map using virtual notes. Commented-on maps can then be shared with their creators via email, text, AirDrop, or various other sharing mechanisms.
The commenting and sharing features of ArguMap Pro make it especially ideal for use by teachers and students who are working on improving the students' critical thinking and reasoning skills. Students can easily share their maps with their teachers. Teachers, in turn, can share commented-on maps back to their students.
Making use of ArguMap Pro's native integration with the Mac, users can save their argument maps either locally on their Macs or online via cloud storage.
- Provided more ways to provide feedback to the developer via email
- Improved the handling of maps closed via the close button
If ArguMap Pro is useful to you, please take a moment to rate it and/or give it a nice review-- it's really appreciated.
Ratings and Reviews
Such a great app for organizing your arguments!! I enjoy it because it has such a simple and yet effective UI and UX!
Developer Response ,
Thank you for the kind words. I appreciate the feedback, and I am so glad that you are enjoying ArguMap Pro's design and function— that is great to hear. Happy mapping!
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- AppsolutelyFun LLC
- 59.8 MB
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 12.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2022
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.