AudioSwitcher is a menu bar that allows you to switch quickly between all available input and output devices. In addition you can change the volume and other properties of each device without having to change your current input / output.
You can quickly change the sample rate or output to multiple devices at the same time.
AudioSwitcher supports any device directly attached to the host system: USB, DisplayPort, HDMI, Thunderbolt and Bluetooth.
It does not support AirPlay or AirPlay 2 devices.
AudioSwitcher is ideal if you have multiple sound devices attached to your Mac and want to be able to switch between them without having to use System Preferences.
Things to be aware of:
- If you have headphones physically plugged in then your internal speakers are disabled for some Apple hardware.
- Apple no longer allows 3rd party apps to see or view AirPlay devices
- HDMI contains no volume information: volume control is the responsibilty of the device that renders audio, eg, the monitor, TV etc. This is why you can't adjust volume via software
- Fixes to the priority screen to stop priorities being lower than 0
- Fixes to the priority screen to stop devices automatically sorting based on priority
Ratings and Reviews
Doesn't do the one thing I need it to....
Seems to work well for what it does, but what it DOESN'T do is the problem.
I need to be able to switch the output between internal speakers and headphones while leaving my headphones connected. Apparently this is not actually possible without additional hardware.
Oh well, at least this app was fairly inexpensive.
Simple and just what I needed
I have a lot of audio i/o and I needed a quick app to let me jump between them without always having to open settings. This does exactly what it says and allows me to switch with just a click. If you have the same problems I did, this will most likely solve that problem.
It's OK and provides what I need...
It can be buggy at times and requires a restart. But, it works for what I need.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Bill Falconer
- 1.5 MB
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2012-2021 Bill Falconer
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.