All-encompassing phasing effect with a vast array of sonic possibilities, from resonant swirls to stunning atmospheric stereo sounds.
BLEASS Phaser is an all-encompassing phasing effect which offers a vast array of sonic possibilities, from resonant swirls to stunning atmospheric stereo sounds.
A colorful and magnetizing Spectrum View coincides with the notch frequencies, and brings an instantly pleasing sonic and optic effect into the sound design process.
Popularised by everyone from Queen to Chromeo, Jean-Michel Jarre to Tame Impala, the phaser effect is great for many instruments such as synthesizer, guitar, bass, and vocals.
No modulation collection would be complete without a phaser. This is why BLEASS Phaser delivers at the same time all of the classic phasing effects through 40 refined presets as well as a large pull of stereo functionalities and interweaving modulations thanks to its frequency & spread LFOs, as well as a precise control over the stereo.
The phaser effect processes the signal through successive all-pass filters and adds the resulting signal to the original to create phase cancellation around certain frequencies (notches). A feedback loop reinjects a certain amount of the processed signal back into the filters chain.
- Notches: sets the number of all-pass filters, adding a filter creates a new notch in the signal’s spectrum. Notches count can go from 1 to 24.
- Frequency: sets the center frequency of the phaser (the frequency of the all-pass filters).
- Spread: sets the spacing between the notches by changing the Q factor of the filters.
- Feedback: sets the amount of processed signal reinjected into the filters chain. Feedback can be negative.
- Feedback Color: sets the frequency of a low-pass filter applied to the feedback signal.
- Spectrum: a spectrum view representing the estimated frequency position of the notches. Touching this view will adjust the center frequency.
FREQUENCY LFO & SPREAD LFO stages:
Sine LFOs that modulate the center frequency and the spread parameter of the phaser.
- Sync: sets the sync state between BEAT (synchronised with the host transport and tempo) and FREE.
- Shape: sets the shape of the LFO between Sine and Triangle.
- Rate: sets the LFO rate in Hertz if Sync is set to Free or in fraction of a bar if Sync is set to Beat.
- Phase: sets the phase difference between left and right channels.
- Amount: sets the amplitude of the LFO.
- Depth: sets the mix between the dry input signal and the signal processed through the filters. When Depth is set at 100%, both signals are at the same level.
Ratings and Reviews
Gorgeous Phase Shifter
Excellent sounding phaser with a clean and intuitive UI. The stereo phasing and multitude of notches really make this stand out from the rest. Well done!
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- 16.8 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © BLEASS 2021
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.