Classroom turns your iPad into a powerful teaching assistant, helping you guide students through a lesson, see their progress and keep them on track. With Classroom, you can easily launch the same app on every student iPad at the same time or launch a different app for each group of students. Classroom helps teachers focus on teaching, so students can focus on learning.
Assign Shared iPads to students
• Once configured, Classroom connects to nearby student iPads
• Classroom intelligently assigns students to the Shared iPad they most recently used
• Log students out of Shared iPad at the end of a session to prepare for the next class
Start, focus, or pause student work
• Launch any app, website, or book for students with a tap
• Lock into a single app to help students focus
• Lock screens to pause work or refocus your class
• Mute audio on student devices
See what your students see with Screen View
• See an overview of all student screens at once
• Focus on a single student screen
• Students are informed when their screens are being viewed
Share documents and links with your class using AirDrop
• Share to your entire class with just one tap
• Students can also share with you
Share student work on the classroom Apple TV
• Show the great work your students are doing to the entire class
• Use AirPlay to wirelessly present a student’s screen
• Students are informed when their screens are being presented
Reset forgotten passwords right in the classroom
• Reset a Managed Apple ID password without calling IT
Organize students using groups
• Classroom automatically creates groups of students based on the apps they are using
• Teachers can create groups to break students into project teams
• Perform actions on entire groups or on individual students within groups
Great for use with both 1:1 and Shared iPad student devices
Supports IT-managed classes or teacher-created classes
All actions take place over the local network only
iPad with iOS 12 or later
Bluetooth and Wi-Fi enabled on both student and teacher devices
Students within Bluetooth range of the teacher running Classroom
• Automatically access classes set up through Apple School Manager by signing into your device with a Managed Apple ID
• Use AirPlay to project class details to Apple TV when inviting students to join a teacher-created class
• Easily adjust the size of students’ screens by pinching to zoom in or out
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Good app, but needs just a few improvements.
I am a third grade teacher, and love to use this app. It makes my life so much easier when trying to navigate students to an app or website. When I use it and lock the app, so students can’t close it and get on something else it works beautifully. If I try and lock it on a website, students can click out of it. Students can click icons at the bottom of the webpages and manipulate their way out of the website to others. Needs to stop them if the address doesn’t contain the prefix to that website they were locked on. The other thing that would be helpful is an icon students can click on to send the teacher a message and vice versa, but not each other.
We did not agree to this.
I am a student at a school that uses iPads in the classroom, and so they use this too. I completely understand how they would feel the need to use this on students, since iPads can be often misused in educational settings. I personally would never be “off task” in class, and I signed the contract. The contract listed the rules, such as the locking and opening of iPads and viewing of screens. However, what we didn’t agree to was the modification of the iPad apps once class was over. Now, after school, I am prompted with an Allow Notifications window every time I launch a different app, and my folders are now black. I also can’t name the folders. Well, that’s past tense. Recently, when our teacher switched us into a different app while we were still locked, everything was fine. But, when we got back to the Home screen, the whole class had to start organizing all the apps again. All the apps were scattered around, and on my 128GB iPad, I now have to organize for hours. Well, for a stupid glitch that isn’t supposed to happen on a “management app” And then when it happens again, I’ll have to do the same, over and over again. Please fix this. It’s getting so annoying.
Great, when it works
No, I as a teacher cannot STALK my students. I can only see what they have on their screens. If they aren't doing things they shouldn't be doing they have no need to worry about it.
Unfortunately the app doesn't always work. It worked well for all my classes for the first week of classes, now suddenly everyone is "offline." I've checked several students' iPads and they have Bluetooth enabled and they are on the school wi-fi. I'm not sure what the problem is and why it occurred suddenly. At this point the app is useless.
- Apple Inc.
- 19.5 MB
Requires iOS 13.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese (Hong Kong), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Copyright © 2020 Apple Inc. All rights reserved.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.