The COM-DEX app from Widex allows hearing aid users to remotely control their hearing aids via the COM-DEX hands-free streamer.
COM-DEX streams high-quality sound to Widex hearing aids from mobile phones and from a connected COM-DEX Remote Mic
With the COM-DEX App you can:
• Adjust volume settings, change programs or alter sound levels of Widex hearing aids via the COM-DEX
• Choose the directional focus of your hearing aids
• See COM-DEX and COM-DEX Remote Mic battery status
• COM-DEX Remote Mic controls: Pause/start stream, adjust microphone gain, surroundings on/off while streaming from microphone
• Boost the volume of streamed sound in settings menu
• Swipe screen support added (change active screen by swiping left/right)
• COM-DEX and COM-DEX Remote Mic Connection Guide
• Learn how to adjust sound, programs and sound direction with Usage Guides
• Learn basic hearing aid maintenance with instructional videos
• Locate nearest hearing care professional with the handy shop finder
• Use the mirror to help placement of hearing aids
If your current COM-DEX has firmware older than version 1.3.0 (e.g. 1.2.0 or 1.0.10):
Please consult your dispenser for firmware upgrade if you want to optimize your experience with
COM-DEX Remote Mic support or have access to the new features mentioned in “What’s new in Version 1.3.0”.
To verify your current firmware version on COM-DEX:
When the App is connected to your COM-DEX, the firmware version can be seen in menu More| Help | App and device information -> COM-DEX firmware version: x.x.xx
This app has been updated by Apple to display the Apple Watch app icon.
•New screen for control of COM-DEX Remote Mic if it is connected (require COM-DEX with firmware 1.3 or newer and a COM-DEX Remote Mic)
•Possible to boost the volume of streamed sound in settings menu (require COM-DEX with firmware 1.3 or newer)
•Swipe screen support added (change active screen by swiping left/right)
•Leave demo mode more intuitive and easy to located (tap red banner in top of screen)
Ratings and Reviews
Buggy. To Reset , Instructions are below:
The connection to my iPhone is unstable. Without resetting, answering the phone and streaming still will work but not the other features. Seems like I need to reset it several times a week. To reset:
(1) make sure iPhone bluetooth setting shows Mdex is Connected. Then unplug and replug Mdex Necklace. If you still have a spinning wheel do this workaround.
(2) this needs to be done in the correct order...after a few times it can be done quickly! (A) go to bluetooth settings on iPhone and Forget the Com Dex device (B) unplug necklace. (C) delete Com Dex app from iPhone (D) reinstall Com Dex app (E) Go to iPhone bluetooth settings and select and connect Com Dex (F) replug necklace. All functions of the M Dex then will work.
(3) if #1 doesn't work, then do this
Unpair your Com-Dex from any devices currently paired to your Com-Dex
Close the neck-loop on your Com-Dex. It should start flashing blue and red indicating it is in pairing mode
Hold the front and side button on the Com-Dex until it stops flashing blue and red and displays a solid red light
After a few seconds the Com-Dex will return to flashing blue and red. You may now re-pair your Com-Dex to your device(s)
Not reliable. Updated Finally a Reliable App
Yes great idea,! But not very reliable. Your never able to keep a connection with the app. With other hearing aid companies make wireless hearing aids Widex better get on the ball with comdex if this is going to be their go to technology. Updated: I have emailed the company several times about the poor quality of this app. They are clueless. They instruct me to go to my audiologist and have the COM-DEX checked. They are unaware or just flat out ignoring the reviews. They left me with the impression they really don't care! Upate:2 Finally they have released an app update that makes this device enjoyable they way it should have been Thank You
Although a good idea, using this app on a SmartPhone is useless. Basically, the is no "sliding scale" for the volume. It woulld be nice to know where your setting is relative to full scale.
Also, the function that allows the user to adjust the direction from which sound is emitting is useless. I can tell some slight difference, but nothing dramatically different.
Finally the SmartPhone app refers to Programs. There are none offered except the one above. You would think that at least the would included those or a demo of each one.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Widex AS
- 37.2 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
English, Albanian, Arabic, Bosnian, Bulgarian, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- © 2015 Widex