Watch live TV and On Demand shows and movies on any device at home or on the go.
• Inside your home, watch live TV and On Demand content from all channels you are subscribed to.
• Outside the home, watch live TV and On Demand shows and movies by using the filter “Available out of home.”
• Customize the TV guide by filtering popular categories like Kids, Sports, and Movies.
• Watch rented and purchased movies in the ‘Purchased’ sub-folder inside the ‘Saved’ folder.
• Use ‘Parental Control’ in Settings to manage what your children can watch on mobile devices.
• Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connection
• Subscription to Cox Video service
• Cox username and password.
Bug fixes and performance improvements
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Still subpar to Directv
This app has definitely improved from a year ago but I am still left disappointed that you can’t access your recorded shows. This is the main reason that I cannot wait to switch back to Directv because their app allows you to not only watch shows from the app but be able to search for your favorite shows and record them from the app itself. It also allows you to download all your recordings onto the app to watch when you’re not connected to WiFi. In regards to this, the Cox app just does not compare and as someone that is always on the go, the mobile app is a deal breaker for me. If Directv is capable to have all those features, there’s no reason Cox can’t make the effort to do the same.
Developer Response ,
We are planning to provide this feature in the near future!
For now, you can set DVR recordings from a separate app, the Cox Connect app (formerly known as "Cox Mobile Connect"). Cox Connect can also be used to do other things too like check your account balance, pay your bill, manage your home phone, listen to voicemail, and find both Cox Stores and our public Cable WiFi hotspots.
Not so much a review
With all the problems, not only with Contour, but overall I can only say when the ‘exclusive’ nature COX has on the consumer is replaced or gone COXis going to see a large number of people migrating away from the company.
We came from another state and had XFINITY and other service providers and COX even though electronically and programming wise being ver similar leaves COX lagging behind overall in many ways.
We for one are planning a change as soon as our contract is up.
COX’s attitude, knowing they have a hold on you, and not budging a bit on programming and forcing features not needed but by us not wanted and other conditions just leaves us very frustrated. Company policy can be changed to give good customer service and keep their customers. The quality of this so called service doesn’t come close to their cousin XFINITY or many of the other providers we have subscribed to before moving to Arizona.
Looking into the exclusive nature and how they maintain that exclusiveness is my next research project..
So far, so good
I just signed up month-to-month with Cox after having Spectrum for the last two years. I like this option of only paying $10 extra to not be tied into a contract. Spectrum was way too expensive paying almost 220 a month after one year of service. I decided to go with Cox because everyone in the area has this company. I am still waiting for my equipment that I ordered two days ago so I might be writing this review a little early, but I already have access to their Contour app to watch tv. I was hesitant to sign up with Cox, but so far being able to access cable on their app with no issues is a plus in my book. I hope I feel this way after using their services for a few months.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for signing up with Cox and we are glad that you like instant access of cable channels on the Contour app before the equipment arrives. Be sure to check out extra free channels this month, with new channels every week. And thank you for your patience while you wait on the equipment; it should arrive soon. Please reach out if you have problem installing them. Stay safe, stay well!
- Cox Communications, Inc.
- 113.1 MB
Requires iOS 12.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- Infrequent/Mild Simulated Gambling
- © Cox Communications, Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.