Panoramic Wifi app supports CGM4141 and TG1682 Panoramic Wifi Gateways.
The Panoramic Wifi App gives you control over your home network like you have never seen before. It enhances your in-home wifi experience from Cox with new levels of personalization and control. Use the app to set up your wifi in minutes. Once installed, your app lets you easily manage all sorts of wifi options, including the ability to pause devices, set simple device names and see the top bandwidth users. You can manage your family by setting profiles, pausing wifi for dinner or bedtime as well as easier troubleshooting.
The Panoramic Wifi App is required for installation of Panoramic Wifi Pods.
Key App Features:
- Cox User ID: No extra passwords to remember, just control with your Cox Primary User ID and Password
- Manage your wifi network name and password.
- Device Naming: See what devices are connected to your wifi network and give them nicknames for easy reference.
- Profiles: create profiles, like one for each family member, and assign devices to profiles
- Parental Control: manage device profiles to set bed times or limit when the internet can be accessed. You can pause all the devices for dinner!
- Pause Wifi: take any device or profile off the internet with a click
- Easy to Troubleshoot: intuitive app tells you about errors without contacting tech support
- Pods: Add and manage Panoramic Wifi Pod extenders to reduce or eliminate dead spots in your home
- Cox Panoramic Wifi Subscription
- Cox Panoramic Wifi CGM4141 or TG1682 Gateway (check the label on the bottom of your Gateway for "PN: CGM4141COX" or "TG1682G")
- Cox primary user ID and password
Need Help Signing In:
- Create a Cox user ID and password: cox.com/register
- Look up your existing Cox User ID or reset your password: cox.com/password
- Bug fixes
- Performance improvements
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Awful, slow, marketing scheme to spend more money
Panoramic Wifi is a marketing scheme designed to spend more money with Cox, but actually not give you any more coverage or use of the speed you pay for. I bought the Pods to “extend” my network from the driveway to the backyard for the WiFi security cams, but the coverage is awful, the furthest out cams (that are well within Cox coverage specs) only connect half the time, the speed to connect is awful and defeats the purpose of the cams. On top of that, now the Apple TV buffers on Netflix when it never did before.
When installing Panoramic WiFi with Pods, you loose 5G and 2.4g networks, the Cox software determines the networks your devices connect to and the speeds... In my opinion an awful software that doesn’t work as advertised.
Again, I would not go with Cox hardware, awful, slow, clunky, expensive, doesn’t work and their billing depart will screw you over. I would give zero stars if i could. TOTAL WASTE OF MONEY. Waiting for contract to expire and going to another internet provider.
Take this review with the fact that I am a very savvy electronics and internet customer, i research a lot, not one to write reviews (but i read a lot of them) and i have called COX multiple times without help or improvement of the WiFi. Their customer service is terrible and their wait times on hold is awful.
I have never seen an app with so many errors EVER
My family and I switched from AT&T to Cox in hopes to have some improvement with our connection and speeds. So far I'm beyond dissatisfied with not only our service but also this app! I use this app heavily to manage the devices that we use round the clock. It's almost 3 am and I can't connect my 3 month old daughters Owlet (heartbeat and oxygen sensor) because the stupid app once again has yet another error message. It's been like this for almost 2 1/2 hours and this happens every single day! Between this and the outages that occur daily, I'm considering taking my business else where.
Developer Response ,
Sorry you're having trouble with the app. Is your Owlet assigned to a particular profile? If so, please try removing the device from that profile and see if the device still will not connect to your wifi network. If you're still having issues, please reach out at cox.com/chat.
I’m so used to the regular Cox app, before the update- it was slow, buggy and it took AGES to load a page.
Now I feel like I should be giving this app a few more weeks before I confirm my assumptions but I LOVE it! You can schedule down times, pause the wifi usage for just certain devices, it’s a great app! I’m not sure why it has so many terrible reviews. I’ve read through a few and I don’t have any of the problems others have talked about. Maybe I have the most updated version. Needless to say, it’s a great app and if you have children or if you just want to start fights with family members 😂 this app is for you.
- Cox Communications, Inc.
- 163.8 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © Cox Communications Inc, 2019
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.