Enjoy total creative freedom over your next DIY project with Cricut Design Space™. Design, cut, or draw by connecting to Cricut Explore™ or Cricut Maker™ machines.
Start your project from scratch or browse thousands of images, ready-to-make projects, and unique fonts in the Cricut Image Library.
Create from anywhere, any time inspiration sparks with cloud-based syncing across devices.
Make the most of every last scrap with the SnapMat™ feature.
Connect to your compatible Cricut cutting machine with a Bluetooth® connection.
Experience brand-new features like kerning, spell check, right-to-left text & more by upgrading your device to iOS 14 or above.
New to Cricut? Welcome! To use this companion Design Space app, first activate your new machine at cricut.com/setup
Existing members with Cricut Joy™ machines? For fun or functional projects in 15 minutes or less, use the companion Cricut Joy™ app.
• Over 50,000 FREE images, fonts & projects
• Upload & edit your own compatible image files (jpg, .bmp, .png, .gif, .svg, and .dxf)
• Browse Cricut fonts or use your own system fonts
• Cut predesigned Make It Now projects quickly & easily
• Make cards, invitations, 3D models & more
• Design home & party decor, jewelry, and fashion accessories
• Get perfect cut settings for your material type
• Visualize & position artwork on scrap material with SnapMat™ feature
• Access images & projects and make purchases on cricut.com or Design Space with Cricut ID.
• Setup & activate machine right from app
• Bluetooth® capability (Bluetooth adapter may be required, sold separately)
• Easily position, resize & rotate text
• Kerning for fonts
• Follow step-by-step project instructions
• Ready-to-make mug designs
• Auto-save projects
• Now on mobile! Transform your text to bend, bow, and curl in just a couple of clicks. Enter text, look for the Curve icon in the edit toolbar, then tap and drag to customize as desired.
• Now available on mobile! Now it’s easier than ever to remove backgrounds from your uploaded images. If you have a Cricut Access subscription, use the Automatic Background Remover feature to remove backgrounds in one click!
• Now you can wrap text just by dragging a handle. To push a word to another line (or pull a word back to the previous line!), simply grab the middle handle of your text box and push or pull. Give it a try!
• This update contains bug fixes and performance enhancements.
Ratings and Reviews
Love love love working with this app
My mom and I purchased our first cutter (The Maker) in Sept 2019 and began making trip shirts for our Jan 2020 family Disney trip. It was a huge undertaking for 12 family members and an 10 day trip. We had matching shirts for each day in the park and for traveling and even for dinners. We utilized the design space and a laptop to create the shirts and other accessories. Our very first shirt was amazing, honestly we knew it was great but the comments we received said it all.
Since our trip I’ve seen so many amazing ideas and projects from others via FB groups and other social media threads that I follow. It’s inspired me to stretch my creativity beyond my own comfort zone and I have met some defeats but many many successes.
Recently I purchased an iPad and downloaded the design space app. I’m having to learn where all the tools are, just like I did on the laptop version, this one seems less glitchy. I hope I don’t jinks myself. I also purchased the Procreate app to use with my Maker, I haven’t used it as of yet. But I’m creating a birthday project for my niece as I type this where I plan to.
I’m just sorry that I didn’t learn about Cricut years ago. My Mom and I have thoroughly enjoyed every single moment creating things with this machine, and we look forward to many many more.
I love my machine and app.
A couple months ago my mother found a Cricut expression at a yard sale. She bought it for $30 and it came with 12 cartridges and no power cord or blade. She knew that this would be something right up my alley. We didn’t do our research and didn’t realize that the machine was basically obsolete as far as buying blades and equipment. We made due with what we could get and I was having a blast. I had so many ideas which I quickly realized were going to be hard for me to execute with what I had. We managed to pull together the money for an explore air 2. I have already made quite a few projects and I’m working on a more intricate one for my husband.
I love using the cricut design space on my iPad. So far I prefer to work from my iPad than the computer. I have only come across two issues. One- when I am uploaded an image from my photos and pre editing it, my image will go completely white. The first 5-6 times it happened I got really angry closed out and started over. Then I realized my undo button was still there and it fixed it. Two- This one is more human error than anything. I have lost two projects because I was a dummy and did not save my projects at frequent enough (or at all) intervals, then my app would glitch I would have to restart the app and come back to my project selections and it was gone.
Either way I am so happy to have bought this machine and can’t wait to see what my crafting future holds. 😀😀😀
Terrible for iPad Pro
Just to begin- I did updated my Maker and an App to latest version. Anyway, this new update made it even worse then it was. 1- sometimes when I work on complex project,- the app would just quit for no reason. So I have to make sure to save my progress every step of the way.
2- why I cannot search for my OWN created projects that located on iCloud??? I can search anything, that’s made by Cricut (ready to go projects) or others that shared it. Some of my projects I like to keep to myself and don’t want to share, so is about over a 100 projects... and guess what- no way for you to find it by putting a name of your project. So frustrating! Every time I have to be very careful and look for my one project out of 100+ of them.
3- why didn’t you take away a possibility to go from one layer to another when you are doing your cut? So I’m ready to go and make it, I click on it, it takes me to all my layers (I change quantity’s or position), then my machine ready to cut and... what if want to do first ‘pink’ layer? Or ‘blue’? It won’t let me go there, only how it was originally set. Really don’t like it.
I hope future updates will be more accurate and developers listen to the costumers complaints with program and Apple products.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Search History
- Usage Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Cricut, Inc.
- 185.6 MB
- Graphics & Design
- Requires iOS 14.5 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.5 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.5 or later.
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- © Cricut, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Cricut Access $9.99
- item(s) $0.99
- item(s) $4.99
- item(s) $1.99
- item(s) $6.99
- item(s) $2.99
- item(s) $5.99
- item(s) $3.99
- item(s) $9.99
- item(s) $7.99