Translate text, speech, images, files, and more between 29 languages. Enjoy fast, accurate, and high-quality translations. Get the world’s top translator for free today!
DeepL Translate is the go-to translation app for text, speech, images, and files supporting more than 30 languages. Millions of people use it every day to communicate across language barriers. Start using it today for free, fast, and highly accurate translations.
- Translate texts: Translate between more than 30 languages by typing
- Multiple languages: Translate Bulgarian, Chinese (simplified), Czech, Danish, Dutch, English (American), English (British), Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Norwegian (bokmål), Polish, Portuguese, Portuguese (Brazilian), Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish, Ukrainian
- Fast translations: Translate texts quickly and reliably (all languages)
- Translate speech to text: Use your microphone to translate spoken text in most languages
- Text to speech: Listen to the translated text in most languages (25 languages)
- Dark mode: Protect your eyes from bright light and save your battery life while translating
- Quick detection: Translations start after entering only a few letters
- High quality: DeepL translations outperform the competition by a factor of 3:1
- Zero cost: The DeepL Translate app is completely free
- Dictionary: Use the dictionary to learn more about the words you translate, such as how to use them in different contexts (11 language pairs)
- Alternative translations: See alternative options for short phrases
- File translation: Translate text from files (7 languages)
- Instant camera translation: Translate text in images instantly by pointing your camera (requires iOS 15, 7 languages)
- Photo translation: Import photos for higher quality translations (7 languages)
- Saved translations: Tap the bookmark icon and save words and phrases for future reference or to build your own vocabulary (all languages)
- Translation history: Automatically save translations so you can easily find, edit, and reuse your previous translations
- Handwriting: Draw text characters instead of typing on your iPad
- Tone of translations: Automatically adjust your translations to a formal or informal tone of voice, based on your audience (for Pro users)
- Log in to your DeepL account
Translations between the following languages are supported: Bulgarian, Chinese (simplified), Czech, Danish, Dutch, English (American), English (British), Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Norwegian (bokmål), Polish, Portuguese, Portuguese (Brazilian), Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish, Ukrainian
Terms & Conditions: https://www.deepl.com/app-termsPrivacy
DeepL Support: https://www.deepl.com/support
No big news this time, but that’s only because we’ve been working hard on improving your experience:
- Fixed several bugs
- Enhanced the usability
- Planned and designed further for the future of translation
Ratings and Reviews
Best translator, private too!
UPDATED! DeepL (Pro), how I love thee, let me count the ways: This is my favorite translator, with more accurate word definitions than I’ve found elsewhere (proven in my language classes, translating scores of documents I submitted for my residency permit, and for communication with my non-English speaking family), including suggested variations on word and phrase translations. The addition of features found in the other big translator—scanned live translation, photos, documents—means I can FINALLY delete that other app, much to my delight! If you use the online/desktop versions of this app, DeepL also has an editable and recallable glossary, and for those with a Pro account: formal and informal translation options (such as found in languages like German). You can even click on a word or phrase in the translation to trigger a pop up of suggested edits. Another bonus: the makers have designed this app with privacy in mind, collecting no personally identifying data. And one more thing: the big-name translator uses almost four times as much memory as this app. Thank you DeepL team!
This is my personal opinion on this app. In general, I think it’s great, and I would rate it five stars… apart from the fact that there are limited languages. Of course, that’s not the biggest deal, but that’s just what I believe. For example, Korean isn’t available (as stated by a few other reviews I’ve seen), so I commonly use translators that aren’t as accurate, and unequivocally they barely make sense with translations. Another conflict I have with limited languages is the image translator, since occasionally I need to translate photos — I was sad to see the language I needed was not available, and once again had to resort to inadequate translators. (Which thought some languages were other languages…) Other than that, the app is great and I love it! :)
Edit: Okay, I have seen the new update and they added more languages! My points about this being a great app still stand and I would recommend this to anyone who needs a reliable translator.
Fantastic Tool - One Request
A full five stars to DeepL, it’s far and away the best translator I’ve ever used. Over the years it’s become my exclusive translator and I use it frequently for language learning. I do have one idea/request that I’ve found useful with Google Translate in the past: if an app user has multiple language keyboards installed, could the keyboard change automatically to match the input language? For example, if one presses the swap button to initiate German>English translation, could the app simultaneously pull up the pre-installed German alphabet keyboard, and visa versa if they were to swap back to English>German? While I feel the app already leaves little room for improvement, this feature would make the user experience that much more efficient. Thank you!
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- DeepL GmbH
- 56.4 MB
- Requires iOS 15.5 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 15.5 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 15.5 or later.
English, Dutch, French, German, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © 2023 DeepL SE