The DoorBird App provides mobile access to DoorBird IP Video Door Stations. Using the app, you can see and hear your visitors in real time, speak with them or unlock the door. When visitors press your doorbell, you receive a push notification on your iPhone or iPad and can immediately answer your door – from anywhere in the world. The DoorBird can also send instant alerts when a visitor triggers the built-in motion sensor. No matter if you are at home or not, you will never miss a visitor or a delivery.
DoorBird's innovative IP technology was developed in Germany and is continuously improved through regular app and hardware updates. The system works in your local network (LAN) as well as outside of your home network environment without range limitation and securely encrypted over the Internet.
DoorBird App Features for IP Video Door Stations:
• Live HDTV video (ultra wide-angle camera lens, night vision)
• 2-way audio communication
• Worldwide mobile access to DoorBird IP Video Door Stations
• Push notifications on your iPhone or iPad when the doorbell is pushed or the motion sensor is triggered
• Configurable motion sensor
• Free visitor history
• Secure door, garage or gate opener via the app
• Different ringtones for push notifications
• App is optimized for portrait and landscape format
• WiFi and Ethernet (PoE)
• Smart Home and NVR compatible
• Configuration for door stations with fingerprint sensor
• Possibility to upload custom bell button sound (requires at least iOS 14 and firmware 131)
• Support for new hardware modules
• Minor bug fixes and improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Awesome, but still room for improvements!
We mainly got Doorbird as a replacement to our building's analog intercom system to add remote unlcoking of the front gate.
Living in an Apple ecosystem, I do wish for Homekit support (which they are working on!) and more speedier response time, in terms of opening the app and the keyfobs. Our system is on a wired connection and still can take up to 10 seconds to get the live feed.
Great products and good app to match
I’ve had a DoorBird at my house for almost two years and I’m very pleased with it. I haven’t had any trouble with it. The app’s interface is simple and straightforward. It has everything you need and nothing more. You open the app and see the door right away, then one tap to answer. Snapshots and history are just as easy to access. The settings menus are a bit complicated, but as a technical person I prefer having more options than less. Once it’s all set up, you never need to mess with the settings anyway.
I had a Ring doorbell before this and it was okay, but not great (both device and app). At my new house, the contractor installed a Control4 doorphone and I had him replace it with another DoorBird because the C4 intercom app was not nearly as good.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your detailed feedback! We appreciate it a lot!
A major notifications bug and poor UX
There are a number of issues with the app:
- There is a bug in its push notifications on iOS. The doorbell and motion alarms become permanently silent after switching the phone to Silent Mode and then back to Ringer mode from the side toggle. The only way to have the push notifications have sound again is to go into the DoorBird app settings and toggle the Activate button for each notification. This needs to be done each time after the phone is switched back to Ringer. I have now missed so many doorbells as a result that the whole point of having the DoorBird in order to open our gate on demand, has substantially diminished in utility for us.
- The camera view doesn’t load when the app is opened by tapping on a push notification - which is the typical user experience when trying to respond to the doorbell. You actually need to tap on the camera view button in the app (bottom left corner) to get the camera view to refresh and display.
- The app UI and UX look like they haven’t been updated for about 10 years - the app is in a desperate need for a refresh to a more modern interface.
Developer Response ,
Hello! Our technical support team will be happy to solve the issue. Please contact us via the website: www.doorbird.com/contact
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Bird Home Automation GmbH
- 90.6 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Russian, Spanish, Swedish
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2021 Bird Home Automation GmbH
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.