The Downdetector app offers real-time status and uptime monitoring for hundreds of services, including telecommunication outages (internet, phone and TV service), online banking problems, websites that go down and apps that aren’t working. The service monitors over 4,400 services in 32 countries.
Our outage detection is based on a real-time analysis of user reports from multiple sources, including social media such as Twitter, the Downdetector website and reports filed through this app.
- Track outages with services in your country (32 countries supported)
- Remove in-app advertising (premium feature)
- Receive an alert when your favorite service has an outage (premium feature)
- Select your favorite services and have them displayed at the top of the list
- File an outage report when a service is down for you
- Check problem reports from other users of the app and the Downdetector website.
- Read and write comments
- View outage maps to check for local outages with telecommunications providers
- View tweets about service problems from other users
- Services and ordered alphabetically or based on the number of complaints over the past hour.
- View support contact information for each service, such as phone number, web contact form or e-mail address (if available).
- available in Danish, Dutch, English, Finish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish and Turkish
Digital subscription options:
- Remove advertising - Remove advertising from the app for 1 year for $1.99
- Outage alerts - Automatically receive an alert for outages - 1 month for $1.99
- Outage alerts - Automatically receive an alert for outages - 1 year for $12.99
Payment for subscriptions will be charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase. Subscriptions will automatically renew at the end of the current billing cycle, unless automatic renewal is disabled at least 24 hours before the end of the current billing cycle. Upon automatic renewal, within 24 hours before the end of the current billing cycle, the subscription amount will be charged to your iTunes account. Each billing cycle will last one year. You will be notified before each renewal. You may disable automatic renewal and manage your subscription to this service through the iTunes Store.
Privacy statement - https://downdetector.com/privacy-statement
Ratings and Reviews
Bring back the map view!
Where I live, we always need to check on the service for internet and now, we don’t get a clear view of where the problem is centered. Please bring back the maps! I wouldn’t have done the update if I knew that they were going to be taken away!
Saved time and avoided the aggravation
Ads, purchase offers, whatever everyone else is complaining about is an excellent trade-off for the time saved and aggravation avoided just by knowing some cloud service is down. I was abou to spend hours debugging the connection between my Honeywell smart thermostat and Alexa but noticed that the Honeywell cloud was down on Downdetector. Took the opportunity to add to the Honeywell thread. Thank you!
Bring back maps
As my family is in a rural area, it has been very helpful to have the outage map to go to when we have a service issue. Why did it go away? Were the service providers complaining because the map provided users too much transparent info? Did the service providers cut a deal to make the maps go away? Consumers deserve more transparency on service issues and outages. I don’t have time to review all the complaints to see if someone else is in my area, and many people don’t identify their location in the comments. The current set up only adds to my frustration.
- Serinus42 BV
- 19.7 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Rated 9+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- © Downdetector 2019
- In-App Purchases
- Remove advertising $1.99
- Remove advertising $1.99
- Outage alerts - 1 year $11.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.