"One of my favorite apps out there. Another way to immerse myself in God's word."
– Matt Chandler
“I can’t begin to rave enough about Dwell and how formational it is.”
– Ann Voskamp
“In the day we’re living in, we have to have our paths lit with scripture—that’s why we love Dwell.”
– John & Lisa Bevere
There’s nothing quite like the Dwell Bible app.
Search & Favorite Scripture
If you’re like us, you’re probably finding new and enriching passages of scripture all the time that deepen your connection with God. When you discover new passages like these, Dwell makes it simple to bookmark them as favorites so that you can easily return to them day after day. Dwell also gives you the tools to not only listen to scripture, but to memorize and meditate on it too.
Browse & Discover Scripture
Dwell also has been called "the Spotify of Scripture" because of how easy (and delightful!) it is to explore the Bible. Browse popular Bible verses or curated playlists that include select verses by theme. Use our Listening Plans to help you cultivate a habit of seeking God in Scripture every day. Or take the traditional approach: pick your favorite book and dive in!
Experience Scripture Afresh
Six beautiful recordings of the Holy Bible—each showcasing a distinct and inspiring voice—are currently available in the app (with new recordings in the works!). Switch between voices and even background music on-the-fly without losing your place in the audio! Dwell’s intimate background music, composed by Steinway Artist, Chad Lawson, will draw you into the text. Plus, Dwell also invites you to experience the Bible through art! Every book, story, playlist, and plan is accompanied by beautiful artwork.
Access all of the Bible online or offline by signing up for a free 7-day trial. Download Dwell now and transform the way you experience scripture.
OUR FREE 7-DAY TRIAL GIVES YOU ACCESS TO ALL OF DWELL:
• Enjoy 6 distinct voice recordings of the Bible
• Choose ESV Bible, NIV Bible, or KJV Bible
• Search and listen to scripture with ease
• Explore the Bible like never before
• Favorite passages you cherish
• Get reminders to listen to the Daily Bible Verse
• Download and listen to scripture offline
• Repeat and reflect on scripture at any time
• Layer intimate background music into your scripture listening experience
• Enjoy beautiful album art for every book of the Bible, Listening Plan, Playlist, Story, and curated Passage
• Experience a clean, intuitive UI design, showcasing a dark color scheme to help you focus on what matters
• Unlimited access to…
• 75+ Listening Plans, e.g., The Bible in a Year, The Parables of Jesus, etc., that guide you through books or topics one day at a time
• 260+ curated Passages of the most popular Bible verses - a wonderful place to begin if you’re unsure of where to start
• 60+ Playlists that help you travel through scripture by theme
WHAT CAN I DO WITH DWELL?
• Listen to any verse of the Bible
• Memorize any verse using our repeat feature
• Meditate on verses using our repeat and reflect feature
• Sleep to the Bible
DWELL SUBSCRIPTION PRICING AND TERMS
Dwell offers either an auto-renewing subscription or a one-time, “Lifetime” purchase of the app:
• Dwell Annual: $29.99 per year (after free 7-day Trial)
• Dwell Lifetime: $149.99 (one-time purchase)
These prices are for US customers. Pricing in other countries may vary and actual charges may be converted to your local currency depending on the country of residence.
Your Dwell subscription will automatically renew unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. You can go to your iTunes Account settings to manage your subscription and turn off auto-renew. Your iTunes Account will be charged when the purchase is confirmed.
Find our terms and conditions here:
This release fixes a number of minor bugs from the 2020.04 release.
That release was the biggest since Dwell launched two years ago. Here's why:
• A powerful new search feature
Simply type the verse or collection of verses you want to hear and begin listening.
• Favorite verses for easy access
We all have those meaningful passages of scripture that we continually go-to for renewal and strength. Dwell lets you favorite them for easy access. With Dwell your never two taps away from one of your favorite passages of scripture.
• Dwell's main navigation tabs have been reimagined and redesigned:
- For You: A new tab for quick access to your favorites, plans, downloads and queue.
- Explore: A more organized way of discovering all of Dwell's curated biblical content: listening plans, playlists and curated passages.
- Bible: Dive right into the Bible's traditional table of contents and start listening by book or chapter.
- Search: Quickly search and listen to the verse you love.
• Complete app architectural overhaul! Dwell is now faster, smoother, and more reliable than ever.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Innovative, Quality App
The Narrators are very good, they don’t over-do the reading, and they are smooth, consistent, and clear. The Dwell mode (repeating a chapter, book, or playlist) is probably my favorite feature as it allows you to really focus on a particular portion of Scripture for study, contemplation, or memorization. The pre-set playlists also set this app apart, as there are selections with messianic Psalms, or with only Psalms written by David, or with a compilation of Jesus’ parables. I don’t know if any other apps that offer these features, or that execute it so well. I also enjoy the yearly reading plan options with the choice of going straight through the Bible (Genesis through Revelation), or a mixture of Old and New Testament readings, and also the option of doing a seven day a week or a five day a week plan. All in all, I rate this app five stars.
One suggestion that I have is that the developers made a reader option with all of the readers together almost like a dramatized version, but just switch to the female voice when a woman is speaking and switching between the male narrators during conversion. This would require no extra recording, only re-editing and re-arranging when certain voices are heard. This feature in other apps helps me to follow historical stories more easily and it holds my attention better than the traditional single-reader style.
Thankful for Dwell!
Hello! I am on day 2 into listening to Dwell and wanted to share with you what an incredible blessing it has been! First of all, I am the owner of a podcast called Oh Hey Truth, to equip women to know the Word and know how to know it so that they can live it out in their lives! It’s target is 18-28 year olds. We heard about Dwell from several listeners and I finally decided to try it. IT IS AMAZING! Seriously. There was a need and y’all met it. I’m so grateful to have it and now to share it with our listeners.
My second reason is that I have a very painful and all consuming disability that leaves me bed-ridden a lot. I listen to a lot of worship music and try other bible reading apps, but with the pain it was like fingernails on a chalkboard, you know. I really struggled the last 24 hours to get the pain under control with even the strongest of meds. Now, Dwell did not take my pain away BUT it was easy for me to listen to and was so soothing. The music and Rosie’s voice calmed my mind and my spirit. I am so grateful. I may sound like a quack, but I am not. I am just so so grateful that the Lord met me through your app. THANK YOU!
Dwell is the app I never knew I needed!
I read my Bible daily, but this app. I’ve LOVED being able to listed to my bible aloud. There are people in the Bible whose stories I’ve never much thought about, but hearing their stories read aloud has brought me to tears. Hearing the Bible was the only way the Hebrews and early Christian Church were exposed to the Bible. This app brings a little bit of that back to us and allows us to listen as they would have.
This app has four voices to choose from. The graphics are beautiful. They have plans and playlists if you don’t know where to start. They have made long listen stories and passages like “Abraham’s Story” “psalm 119” and others you can choose to listen to if you find a block of time and can listen. They also have short listen passages for the time crunch. And if you like listening from start to finish, they have a library with every book of the New Testament and they are actively working on finishing up the Old Testament (currently there are 7 books: genesis, exodus, 1,2 Samuel, psalms, proverbs and Ecclesiastes).
This app is so well done and I am thrilled with how it’s turned out!
- Dwell App, LLC
- 80.4 MB
Requires iOS 12.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © 2018-2020 Dwell App, LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Dwell Lifetime $149.99
- Dwell Premium Monthly $2.99
- Dwell Annual $28.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.