"One of my favorite apps out there. Another way to immerse myself in God's word."
– Matt Chandler
“I can’t begin to rave enough about Dwell and how formational it is.”
– Ann Voskamp
WHAT CAN I DO WITH DWELL?
Get access to the finest listening experience for the Bible, with 14 different voice options and 9 different versions to-date. Dwell is always adding more!
See and hear the Bible like never before with Dwell’s new read Along experience. Follow the text of Scripture as it scrolls down the screen, synchronized to the narrator’s voice.
Learn to silence the noise and confusion that swirls around you. Use Dwell throughout your day to refresh your soul and find your center.
As we sleep, we are reminded that we are dependent creatures. The Lord renews and sustains us as we learn to rest in him. Doze off to the word of God being read over you using Dwell.
Meditation on Scripture is medicine that heals our inattentiveness and awakens in us a longing for God. Use Dwell’s Repeat and Reflect feature to meditate on God’s word.
Growth in Christ does not happen by accident. This way of life must be intentionally cultivated daily. Use any of Dwell’s 75+ listening plans (+notifications) to stay rooted in scripture.
Memorizing Scripture is key to an abiding life with Christ. Move the Word of God from the screen deep into your heart using Dwell’s Repeat and Reflect feature.
Search & Favorite
Keep your favorite passages close to your heart! Dwell makes it simple to search and bookmark verses so that you can easily return to them day after day.
Browse & Discover
Browse popular verses or curated playlists that include select verses by theme. Or take the traditional approach: pick your favorite book and dive in!
Access all of the Bible online or offline by signing up for a free 7-day trial. Download Dwell now and transform the way you experience Scripture.
OUR FREE 7-DAY TRIAL GIVES YOU ACCESS TO ALL OF DWELL:
* Listen or Read Along to the Bible
* Enjoy 14 distinct voice recordings of the Bible
* 9 versions of the Bible, including ESV, NIV, KJV, NKJV, CSB, NRSV, NLT, NVI and the Message.
* Search and listen to Scripture with ease
* Explore the Bible like never before
* Favorite passages you cherish
* Get reminders to listen to the Daily Bible Verse
* Download and listen to Scripture offline
* Repeat and reflect on Scripture at any time
* Layer intimate background music into your Scripture listening experience
* Enjoy beautiful album art for every book of the Bible, Listening Plan, Playlist, Story, and curated Passage
* Experience a clean, intuitive UI design, showcasing a dark color scheme to help you focus on what matters
* Unlimited access to…
* 75+ Listening Plans, e.g., The Bible in a Year, The Parables of Jesus, etc., that guide you through books or topics one day at a time
* 260+ curated Passages of the most popular Bible verses - a wonderful place to begin if you’re unsure of where to start
* 60+ Playlists that help you travel through Scripture by theme
DWELL SUBSCRIPTION PRICING AND TERMS
Dwell offers either an auto-renewing subscription or a one-time, “Lifetime” purchase of the app:
• Dwell Annual: $29.99 per year (after free 7-day Trial)
• Dwell Lifetime: $149.99 (one-time purchase)
These prices are for US customers. Pricing in other countries may vary and actual charges may be converted to your local currency depending on the country of residence.
Your Dwell subscription will automatically renew unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. You can go to your iTunes Account settings to manage your subscription and turn off auto-renew. Your iTunes Account will be charged when the purchase is confirmed.
Find our terms and conditions here:
- Read Along! See and hear the Bible like never before with Dwell’s new Read Along experience. Follow the text of Scripture as it scrolls down the screen, synchronized to the narrator’s voice.
- Listening Charts! Track how much you listen to the Bible with new daily, weekly, monthly and all time listening time charts.
- Under-the-hood improvements! Dwell has updated our audio engine with tons of performance enhancements. This will really help our listeners who have slow or unreliable internet connections, fix a bunch of rare but very annoying bugs, and enable a number of exciting new features we have in mind for Dwell in the near future!
Recent bug fixes:
- Fixed a bug where completed plans would still show up as active.
- Fixed a bug where cancelling a plan would not reset progress in that plan.
- Fixed a bug where resume positions would not be properly saved/restored.
- Fixed a bug where tapping on a listening plan reminder or daily listen reminder would not resume that item properly.
- Fixed a bug where downloaded scripture chapters wouldn't play back.
Ratings and Reviews
Innovative, Quality App
The Narrators are very good, they don’t over-do the reading, and they are smooth, consistent, and clear. The Dwell mode (repeating a chapter, book, or playlist) is probably my favorite feature as it allows you to really focus on a particular portion of Scripture for study, contemplation, or memorization. The pre-set playlists also set this app apart, as there are selections with messianic Psalms, or with only Psalms written by David, or with a compilation of Jesus’ parables. I don’t know if any other apps that offer these features, or that execute it so well. I also enjoy the yearly reading plan options with the choice of going straight through the Bible (Genesis through Revelation), or a mixture of Old and New Testament readings, and also the option of doing a seven day a week or a five day a week plan. All in all, I rate this app five stars.
One suggestion that I have is that the developers made a reader option with all of the readers together almost like a dramatized version, but just switch to the female voice when a woman is speaking and switching between the male narrators during conversion. This would require no extra recording, only re-editing and re-arranging when certain voices are heard. This feature in other apps helps me to follow historical stories more easily and it holds my attention better than the traditional single-reader style.
Love it more than I thought I would!
I didn’t plan on purchasing a subscription when I first downloaded this because I haven’t been doing too well financially. However, I heard great things about this app and have been wanting to read the Bible but have very little time to actually sit down and read it (especially the way I want to) so I thought I’d give this a try with the intention of canceling after a week. As soon as I started in the book of Genesis, I loved it and decided this app would be a necessity to my lifestyle and a tool for my spiritual growth. So I couldn’t bring myself to cancel. I think this is well-worth the investment, especially if you’re like me and trying to get the word in whenever you can and as much as you can 💪🏼.
I also highly suggest this for anyone who’s new to the Bible (I’m new) because of how simply and beautifully structured this app is. I can tell a lot of thought has been put into this app to spread the word of just how great our God is. 💛 I’ve tried other bible reading apps (free ones) but none of them stuck with me like this one does. I really love this app and will use this as a daily staple.
Thankful for Dwell!
Hello! I am on day 2 into listening to Dwell and wanted to share with you what an incredible blessing it has been! First of all, I am the owner of a podcast called Oh Hey Truth, to equip women to know the Word and know how to know it so that they can live it out in their lives! It’s target is 18-28 year olds. We heard about Dwell from several listeners and I finally decided to try it. IT IS AMAZING! Seriously. There was a need and y’all met it. I’m so grateful to have it and now to share it with our listeners.
My second reason is that I have a very painful and all consuming disability that leaves me bed-ridden a lot. I listen to a lot of worship music and try other bible reading apps, but with the pain it was like fingernails on a chalkboard, you know. I really struggled the last 24 hours to get the pain under control with even the strongest of meds. Now, Dwell did not take my pain away BUT it was easy for me to listen to and was so soothing. The music and Rosie’s voice calmed my mind and my spirit. I am so grateful. I may sound like a quack, but I am not. I am just so so grateful that the Lord met me through your app. THANK YOU!
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Usage Data
- Sensitive Info
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Dwell App, LLC
- 46.6 MB
- Requires iOS 13.1 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.1 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.1 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2018-2021 Dwell App, LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Dwell Annual w/ Trial $29.99
- Dwell Premium Monthly $2.99
- Dwell Annual $28.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.