Continuously Featured on the Mac App Store for Over Five Years
Transform disorganized folders into neatly organized subfolders effortlessly. Utilize over 15 built-in rules or craft your own to sort files with precision. Leveraging multi-core processing, Folder Tidy swiftly manages even terabytes of files.
A single click swiftly tidies up cluttered files, relocating them into categorized subfolders—be it Pictures, Music, Spreadsheets, or Source Code. Custom rules offer advanced sorting, such as moving pictures older than 2020 to an "Old Pictures" folder, or funnelling Word documents tagged as "Work" into "My Office Work Files."
Not quite satisfied with the outcome? The Undo button restores all files to their original locations. A novel historical undo feature allows for reversing any tidying operation even at a later date.
• Sort files into subfolders based on predefined or custom rules.
• Multiple built-in rules (now 18 and counting) for various needs.
• Specify file types for clean-up and set items to ignore.
• Choose custom destinations for the organized files.
• Options to disregard aliases, folders, and labeled items.
• Instant or historical undo capabilities.
HIGHLY RATED AND RECOGNIZED
Internationally acclaimed with hundreds of five-star ratings. Featured in Lifehacker, Addictive Tips, Softpedia, Mac360, MakeUseOf.com, and Macworld. Scored 9/10 on Mac.AppStorm.
• Displaying the current file path being moved back in the undo window.
• Resolved an issue where an undo could stall if it was unable to create one of the necessary folders to recreate the original hierarchy.
• Improved the undo logic to no longer treat "file already exists" as an error.
• Improved thread-safe handling for updating the Log Output window.
• Introduced a prompt to encourage having a recent backup before initiating a tidy (this can be disabled after the first appearance).
Ratings and Reviews
Impressive all round
Long story short, I'm a developer and this is the last app I ever would have expected to purchase. I've done my own moving and sorting for years using the command line, (find, rsync, etc..). Because of the amount of folders I have that each have different criteria, maintenance has started taking more time than it's worth to do this properly, and make one tired mistake with a regex, or forget to escape something, and there's a morning worth of repairing to do. This app not only does exactly what I expected it to do, but it does so surprisingly quickly. I have great re-assurance that the macOS native search filters are used to construct queries, and judging by the performance and instant updating inside the Finder - native copy functions too. When you move half a million files with confidence with the click of a button, that is worth the cost of this app.
I LOVE THIS APP!!!
I needed to organize the mess that was my Documents folder on my MacBook Air, and this program did it in less than 20 seconds (17 seconds precisely). I love this app. I needed this years ago. Saves so much disk space, and makes it easy to find your files afterwards. I love how organized everything is. I thought I had a good system before, but with iCloud things sync strangely all the time causing all kinds of weird duplicates and redundant folders. This app fixed all that super fast.
Saved hours of frustration
I can't say enough about how easy and versatile this app is. I needed to find a few hundred files with a specific extension that were in discrete subfolders of hundreds of parent folders. Using helpful directions from the dev, I set up a custom set of rules and in a few seconds, all those files were copied into a new folder.
I can see several other use cases for my daily routine where Folder Tidy will make a difference.
This app is well worth the money.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for the wonderful review and we're so happy to hear that the help from our support team was useful! This is exactly why we made Folder Tidy so that people can do specific organizations to make order out of the chaos!
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Tunabelly Software Inc.
- 5.5 MB
- Requires macOS 10.13 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2023, Tunabelly Software Inc.
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.