FSNotes is modern notes manager for macOS and iOS. App respects open formats like GitHub Flavored Markdown, so you can easily write documents on iPhone and MacBook.
It's simple and blazing fast!
Memorising keyboard shortcuts takes some work, but once you have, shortcuts make using FSNotes so much more efficient.
- Keyboard centric.
- Global shortcuts (clipboard save/search).
- Markdown and RTF markup (files stored on disk as Plaintext and Rich Text).
- Markdown preview mode.
- Elastic two-pane view (vertical and horizontal layout).
- Blazing fast and lightweight (working fine with 10k+ files)
- Open files in finder work with external editors (changes seamless live sync with UI).
- Pin/Unpin important notes on the top.
- Synchronization over iCloud Drive.
- Multi-folder storage.
- Live Markdown highlighting with code blocks (over 170 languages).
- Themes for code highlighting.
- Markdown images preview in the editor.
- Images drag and drop or copy & paste.
- Dark mode (macOS Mojave and higher).
- Encryption AES-256.
- Mermaid and MathJax support.
- Git versioning and scheduled backups.
Release contains minor bug fixes:
- Fixes images preview size resetting
- Fixes .cache/.textbundle folders visibility after sync
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
An outstanding App, and an outstanding Developer
I have used FSNotes since the project was first poasted to GitHub, and I can't say enough how impressed I am at the progress this application has made. Oleksandr, the developer, has been incredibly diligent about including community feedback in order to improve every aspect of his product. The fact that he makes this avaialable for such a nominal price is, frankly, amazing — FSNotes is a much better designed and more robust product than note-taking apps that cost considerably more. It is feature-rich, easy to use, and a pleasure to use. And, given the pace of its development, any issues that one does find will be quickly eliminated. Buy it and use it, already!
Developer Response ,
Thank you for good words :)
FSNotes has answered almooooost all of my prayers. Since the new version of evernote gave me all kinds of issues, I've needed to switch. Finding FSNotes, written totally natively in swift, and FOR THE MAC (not some Electron junk...) has been such a breath of fresh air! Can't recommend it highly enough!
Truly the ONLY feature I'd like to see added is the ability to see all my Todos from different notes in one central place. Currently it is easy to see all of your notes that have Todos, but then you have to go to each note to see the Todos themselves. This is how many note apps treat Todos. But giving them a central place to live, after pbeing created in the note (almost like tags!) would be huge.
Native app with quick release cycle
This app is exactly what I was looking for - something native, open source, syncs across MacOS and iOS versions, and has quick release cycles to fix bugs. I used to use Evernote, but when they began imposing limits on the number of devices for the "free" account, I started looking elsewhere. FSNotes lets me have control over my notes and have them on all my devices. The developer offers this program for free on GitHub and simply asks users to buy the version in the App Store to support the project.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Oleksandr Glushchenko
- 13.9 MB
macOS 10.12 or later
English, Arabic, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Ukrainian
- Age Rating
- © Oleksandr Glushchenko
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.