- Keyboard centric.
- Global shortcuts (clipboard save/search).
- Markdown and RTF markup (files stored on disk as Plaintext and Rich Text).
- Markdown preview mode.
- Elastic two-pane view (vertical and horizontal layout).
- Blazing fast and lightweight (working fine with 10k+ files)
- Open files in finder work with external editors (changes seamless live sync with UI).
- Pin/Unpin important notes on the top.
- Synchronization over iCloud Drive.
- Multi-folder storage.
- Live Markdown highlighting with code blocks (over 170 languages).
- Themes for code highlighting.
- Markdown images preview in the editor.
- Images drag and drop or copy & paste.
- Dark mode (macOS Mojave and higher).
- Encryption AES-256.
- Mermaid and MathJax support.
- Git versioning and scheduled backups.
- Adds Chinese Simplified localization
- Adds more polished menu bar and dock icons
- Fixes Todo line height
- Fullscreen state now correctly saved
- Fixes note is rendering with lines in the wrong location
- Fixes backups from menubar
Ratings and Reviews
An outstanding App, and an outstanding Developer
I have used FSNotes since the project was first poasted to GitHub, and I can't say enough how impressed I am at the progress this application has made. Oleksandr, the developer, has been incredibly diligent about including community feedback in order to improve every aspect of his product. The fact that he makes this avaialable for such a nominal price is, frankly, amazing — FSNotes is a much better designed and more robust product than note-taking apps that cost considerably more. It is feature-rich, easy to use, and a pleasure to use. And, given the pace of its development, any issues that one does find will be quickly eliminated. Buy it and use it, already!
Developer Response ,
Thank you for good words :)
Good and getting better
Many note-taking apps are available for the Mac, but FSNotes is the one I use because:
* The sidebar is a useful tool for organizing notes into folders.
* The search-and-create bar is a simple but convenient way to create new and search existing notes--and search is very fast.
* Notes are stored as simple text files, which allows for their easy management and retrieval.
* FSNotes has many small conveniences, such as automatic closing quotes and braces, variable note-list spacing, vertical and horizontal orientations, and tags.
* The developer responds quickly to bug reports and requests for new features.
Many note-takimg apps try to do too much, and, in the process, become slow and cumbersome. For ease of use, speed, and support, FSNotes is an excellent choice.
Excellent Notetaking App, Talented Developer
With many many notetaking apps in the wild, this one stands out considerably. A powerful, yet also lightweight program. Very active developer. Definitely worth rating five stars and some cash to encourage continued development and support. Keep up the great work!
- Oleksandr Glushchenko
- 13.5 MB
OS X 10.11 or later, 64-bit processor
English, Arabic, German, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Ukrainian
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Oleksandr Glushchenko
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.