Genius is the world’s biggest collection of song lyrics, videos and crowdsourced musical knowledge.
SEARCH 1.7 MILLION+ SONGS
Find annotated lyrics for all your favorite songs, or browse what's hot on Genius.
VIEW GENIUS VIDEOS
Watch interviews with your favorite artists about the music you love.
TAP HIGHLIGHTED LINES TO READ ANNOTATIONS
Explore a world of knowledge, crowdsourced from millions of obsessed fans – the Genius community.
GET THE FACTS BEHIND THE TRACKS
With verified content from artists and producers.
FIND LYRICS FOR THE SONGS PLAYING AROUND YOU
Hold your phone up to the music, tap the soundwave button (powered by ACRCloud), and lo, the annotated lyrics appear. You can also easily navigate the lyrics for all the songs in your iTunes library.
ANNOTATE THE WORLD FROM ANYWHERE
You’re the genius: highlight some text, tap “Annotate,” and share your knowledge.
Thank you for using Genius! We've been hard at work making the app better for you. Here's what's new in this release:
- Bug fixes and other improvements
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Pretty good overall but has some glitches
I love the app. I love the interface and the way you navigate throughout the app. But a few things that are really irritating and annoying are:
1. When you watch the videos in the app and you try to flip your device sideways the video will stay in the upright position (even with lock rotation on allowing you to freely move your portrait), which is annoying since the picture is already as small as it is.
2. There is a feature in the app where in a song you can take a picture given to you from the artist or your own picture and take lyrics from a particular song and put it over the picture. It makes for a cool background but every time i want to make one right before i save it to my camera roll the app decides to crash. It’s a bummer because i can’t find a way to get around it.
3. When you download the app you can sign into a profile like any other app now but in Genius your profile is almost meaningless. They make it out like you can personalize your profile based on your style of music, which seems cool, but is not really the case. If you sign into google it takes your google account picture and makes it your profile picture without giving you a way to change it later. Overall the profile tab seems worthless now, but could be better in the future.
Great app overall tho, 4.5 / 5.
Great when it works, which isn’t now (ok now it is)
After the latest update did nothing to fix Genius’s many issues, i deleted and reinstalled the app, and it’s been working quite well since, so I bumped the rating back up, but I’m going to leave my original review in case said problems come back. Plus it’s a handy guide to the types of issues that in my case at least could be addressed with reinstallation. I looooooove Genius, a treasure trove of hidden insights into songs you already love and thought you knew, as well as a portal for discovering new music you haven’t had a chance to love yet. Problem is, over the last 2 or 3 updates, it’s become a chore to interact with, frequently freezing on the very first screen. Today was the first day in ~two weeks that I’ve even been able to get to the search bar, and only then by popping in Siri and then exiting. The app hung with me as I perused four annotations on one song, but when I tried to follow a link to a different song in the fourth annotation, *CRASH*. Started the app back up, frozen at the home screen, and this time summoning SIRI was no help.
For the past two weeks I’ve wanted to see if there are any good annotations for Deerhunter songs. The app in its current state deserves one star, but I gave it two just because Genius is so wonderful...when it actually works.
Genius is fantastic, but the app needs to stop asking for my iTunes password
i love genius. have loved it for years. i think the site/app is a must for anyone who cares about music & lyrics. however every time i open the app it asks me to sign into iTunes again, prompting me to re-enter my password. it’s been doing that for at least several months, on both my new XR and the 6s i had before that. they really need to fix this, as it is very frustrating. Face ID/Touch ID isn’t an option it seems; i have to type out my password manually every time i launch the app, or it becomes unusable. if i decline, then it hounds me incessantly with the password pop-up. (note to devs: FWIW, my iTunes account is different from my iCloud account. i have 2 accounts on my iPhone, one for iCloud and one older account for iTunes. iOS allows and understands this. it’s a normal - although perhaps not a super common - thing. perhaps that’s the issue... however the genius app is showing the correct account/email address - the one i use for iTunes - in the pop-up prompts, and it does accept my password each time. so maybe that’s not the issue. hard to say). anyway if they could fix this, i would be a much happier user. as it is, it can be a chore to use, if i just want to quickly peak at some lyrics on a whim.
- Genius Media Group Inc.
- 66.1 MB
Requires iOS 13.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Apple TV.
- Age Rating
- Frequent/Intense Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Unrestricted Web Access
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Frequent/Intense Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Frequent/Intense Profanity or Crude Humor
- © 2013 Genius Media Group Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.