GPS & Maps is a simple, yet powerful GPS app for supporting navigation and outdoor activities like geocaching, sailing, skating, trekking, biking or traveling by airplane.
It measures your position, height and acceleration with accuracy information and in different units like feet, meter, miles and kilometers. Your highest altitude and speed will also be logged. You can show and save your current position or other waypoints on a map and pick one of the following formats to view your coordinates:
- GPS Coordinates (Latitude/Longitude)
- Decimal Degrees
GPS & Maps is a must have for geocachers, due to the easy switching between coordinates and map. The integrated flashlight enables users like geocachers to find targets even in dark environments without having to use a separate device.
Via in-app purchase you can add some useful features to GPS & Maps:
- Premium Edition: Unlock all of the following features.
- Waypoints Addon: Save your current location as a marker on the map. Add new locations like geo caches to the map by entering GPS coordinates. Pick different colors for waypoints. Export waypoints via e-mail. Show or hide saved waypoints on the map.
- Map Widgets: The draggable Map Widgets show your location, altitude, speed and GPS accuracy directly on the map. You can change the widget transparency and textcolor in the settings to optimize readability on different map tiles and map data sources like Google Maps or Open Street Map.
- Compass: The compass shows your heading relative to magnetic north or true north (configurable in the settings) and your current location coordinates. It also shows additional information like street, city and country. If you buy Compass and Map Widgets the Compass will also be displays as a widget on the map.
- Open Street Map Addon: This feature enhances the map with additional map data from Open Street Map.
- Google Maps Addon: This feature enhances the map with additional map data from Google Maps. The map modes 'standard', 'satellite', 'hybrid' and 'terrain' can be selected in the options menu.
Please keep in mind that the accuracy of your position and acceleration always depends on the intensity of the available GPS signal. Compass and heading information are only available on devices with magnetometer (iPhone3 GS or newer and iPad).
- Bug fixes
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Great app. Would be nice to be able to touch a saved point icon on the map and have the points list scroll to that point instead of only being able to pick a point from your saved list and it center you on that point. Also would be nice to be able to export your entire saved points list instead of only one at a time via email. Also app sometimes glitches and keeps re centering on my location when im trying to pan around my area.
I have the premium version and have concerns out of the box. First, there is no way to ask questions or get support from the app. I found an email address for developer and have written them. Secondly, my big issue is with addition of waypoints. Once gps settles down, I would expect adding a waypoint (red pin) would drop at the current location (blue dot) but that does not happen. The red pin may drop as far as 100 feet away and successive pins will be all over the map- no duplicates and none near the current location indicated by blue dot. Sometimes a pin will not drop at all.
Until this is cleared up, I have to give a low rating.
More.... 1.)never heard back from the developers so support is poor. 2.). The app does NOT drop pins at current location. The pins (waypoints) drop as much as 10 feet away or not at all. I realize that the current location is subject to jitter and the iPhone’s limitations but the waypoint should match the current location. I can not recommend this unit and would love to get my money back!
It gives me the info I was looking for
I often forget I have this app, but whenever I’m out and have a query (e.g. “how high am I?” or “where am I (in coordinates)”) it has the answers I’m looking for, in text, in an easily readable table.
I only really care about the GPS tab, but now that I looked at it again I might grab the OSM pack.
The developer, Kraus und Karnath GbR 2Kit Consulting, has not provided details about its privacy practices and handling of data to Apple.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Kraus und Karnath GbR 2Kit Consulting
- 23.9 MB
- Requires iOS 7.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 7.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
English, Dutch, German
- Age Rating
- © 2kit consulting
- In-App Purchases
- Premium Editon $4.99
- POI / Waypoints $0.99
- Smart Compass $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.