The perfect app to teach your kids about money through completing chores and working towards goals.
Don’t listen to us, listen to those that fell in love with it.
“I love that the Homey not only encourages kids to develop a strong work ethic, but it teaches kids how money is earned, encourages long-term goal setting, instills real life financial skills, and connects the whole family with a fun approach to paid chores.” Crystal, MoneySavingMom
“Homey is a great organizational tool for families!” Best Apps for Kids
“Homey helps remind my children what jobs they haven’t done yet, so I don’t need to. It even inspires them to work a little harder to earn allowance. Better yet, they are learning to save up that allowance for a bigger reward.” Gloria, JugglingMother
“A picture says a thousand words. And with Homey, those words are “this is the chore you’re supposed to be doing right now.” Snap a photo of your kid’s unmade bed and send it to them with a deadline, and then they can send a photo back once it’s taken care of.” Fatherly
- set daily, weekly or monthly recurring or one time chores for the whole family
- set chores that are responsibilities and you won't pay for, and jobs to teach kids how to earn money or rewards
- manage allowance and extra money rewards for each child
- transfer allowance to a bank account (US only), or mark it as payed out in cash
- track IOU
- add or remove funds from wallet
- set saving jars with financial goals
- kids learn to manage their funds
- Homey syncs across all devices in the household
SHOW KIDS HOW MONEY IS EARNED
With Homey you can pay kids commissions based on chores they do around the house like taking out the trash, cleaning their room, or mowing the grass. And you can also set responsibilities that are required to teach kids that everyone needs to contribute to the household.
SUPPORT LONG-TERM GOALS AND SAVING
Teach kids delayed gratification and financial responsibility by providing them with incentives that differ in value. With Homey kids learn they need to work longer or harder to earn more.
TEACH REAL LIFE FINANCIAL SKILLS
Homey enables you to transfer allowance and money kids earn directly to their savings or checking account or tracks the money as IOU and pay it out in cash. This way you can teach your child how banking works, they can accumulate interests on their savings and you can be sure that their money will stay safe.
By subscribing to Homey Monthly or Homey Yearly you'll get access to other great features like:
Unlimited family members.
Connecting your bank account and safely transferring allowance and chore money directly to your child's savings account.
Multiple saving jars for each child.
Adding or deducting money from the wallet.
• You can subscribe on a month-to-month or yearly basis.
• The payment will be charged to your iTunes Account when you confirm the purchase.
• The subscription automatically renews for the same price and duration period as the original monthly/yearly plan unless canceled at least 24-hours before the end of the current period.
• Free trial automatically converts to a paid subscription unless canceled at least 24-hours before the end of the trial period. From that point onwards, subscription automatically renews unless canceled at least 24-hours before the end of the current period.
• You can cancel the subscription or the free trial anytime via the subscription setting through your iTunes account (go to your device settings and tap iTunes & App Store > Apple ID > View Apple ID > enter the password > Subscriptions > Assembly > Cancel Subscription button at the bottom). Do it at least 24 hours before the end of the free trial or subscription period to avoid being charged. Learn more: http://support.apple.com/kb/ht4098
• Any unused portion of a free trial period will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription.
Terms and Conditions: http://www.homeyapp.net/homey-terms-conditions/
Hi Homey families.
This version bring performance improvements and bugfixes.
The Homey team
Ratings and Reviews
I've been using Homey for a few weeks now, and it's becoming one of my favourite apps. I do wish I could pick and choose which notifications I want to get (right now it's either on or off), with 5 kids notifications can get a bit much. Even so, this has been the first app that got my kids doing chores consistently, and without me nagging. I have a few recommendations: 1. don't bother setting up a spending jar - how the jars work, it's much better to keep spending in the "total money" and use jars for actual saving goals. 2. read the manual. I found it in the help section and it was a lifesaver. This app has more features than your usual chore app, and it can be a bit complicated to set things correctly. I thought the app was deleting chores, when in fact I had them set to multiple kids at once, and one kid always completed the one chore for all of them. 3. make sure your kids have just the permissions they need. I think the app could make this a bit more obvious, but I had all my kids set up as parents and there's no clue apart them being able to do everything (delete chores, add money to their wallets...). Lets just say they had a bit of fun with it. 4. This one if for the Homey team: MAKE TEXT BIGGER! I'm not getting any younger and some text is really small and white and hard to read, lol.
Love it…but serious glitches
This is a great concept, and we love the idea behind this app. It has truly helped our boys learn how to be responsible for their jobs around the house, and it’s great watching them learn about organization, time-management, and finance.
However, this app has several frustrating glitches. Things often take a ridiculously long time to load, and then error out rather than loading at all. We are frequently unable to make edits, create new jobs, and switch accounts. When these things happen, we can SOMETIMES close out the app and it works at that point but not always. In the last 20 minutes I’ve attempted to edit one of my son’s profile, add a daily goal, and edit a job. All of which failed after they timed out. For each of those three things the app loaded for several minutes before telling me there was an error. We may need to cancel our subscription, delete this app, and find something more reliable.
Developer Response ,
the past few weeks we were working hard on improving our server infrastructure to provide the best experience in terms of performance and reliability even in the busiest times. We apologize for the downtime caused by the infrastructure migration.
If there's anything else we can help with, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org
Great Concept, Lacking Functionality
This app is a great concept, however there are some pretty significant issues. I have been using it with my daughter now for about 2 weeks and at first it seemed really promising, but as we use it it has become increasingly frustrating.
Firstly, if you want to use any really useful functions you have to pay for the app. $4.99/mo. Is a bit steep in my opinion. I'd rather give that money to my daughter for her allowance. First issue is the lack of ability to approve or disapprove completed chores. This is pretty basic and should be included. They claim that the fee for the app is to cover the cost of using the banking features. I do not need those features, but would still like to use the other features, like jars!!! Perhaps the developers could consider 2 subscription levels, with a cheaper price for those of us who do not need the banking features. I would gladly pay $2/month to use all of the other features.
Another annoying thing is the notifications. I am constantly getting notifications, but when I log into the app I see nothing. No notification link or section and nothing to indicate what the notification is for. Pretty annoying.
I am going to plug along for a little longer, but sadly feel that if the improvements I suggested don't happen I will have to move on to another app.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Financial Info
- Contact Info
- User Content
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- HomeyLabs Inc
- 53.8 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
English, Slovenian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © 2022 Homeylabs Inc
- In-App Purchases
- Homey Monthly $4.99
- Homey Yearly $49.99
- Homey Premium $4.99
- Kitchen pack $0.00
- Bathroom pack $0.00
- Before & After School $1.99
- Floors pack $0.00
- Kids room pack $0.00
- Homey Unlimited $6.99
- Spring Cleaning $4.99