Create stunning animated and interactive web content with Hype. Hype’s HTML5 output works on all modern browsers and mobile devices like iPhones and iPads. No coding required.
*** Hype’s free download includes 14-day fully functional trial and document viewer mode. In-App Purchases are available for Hype Standard and Professional editions, with discounts for previous owners. ***
Hype is an award-winning tool used by leading designers. Create animations which add a “wow” factor to web pages, infographics, presentations, digital magazines, ads, iBooks, educational content, app prototypes, portfolios, animated GIFs, videos, entire websites, and much more. From prototype to production, anyone can create rich interactive media with Hype.
• Easy to use keyframe-based animation system
• Record mode watches your every move, automatically creating keyframes as needed
• Create natural motion curves with bézier paths
• Morph between vector shapes with no effort (even with different number of path points)
• Make scenes for organization and flow
• Use the power of multiple simultaneous timelines to run animations
• Visually build action handlers to respond to taps, clicks, and animation events
Create Stunning Content:
• WebKit-based WYSYWIG “what you see is what you get” scene editing
• Intelligent guidelines, arrangement, and sizing tools
• Easily integrate video and audio for stunning multimedia documents
• Cutting-edge effects: blur, image filters, backdrop filters, scale, skew, reflection, and 3D transforms
• Add Google Fonts or use your own web fonts
• Setup accessibility alt text, roles, and tab index
• Retina image support
Perfect for Mobile:
• Hype’s HTML5 output works great on mobile devices
• A flexible layout system resizes your content to fit any screen
• Easily add swipe, touch, and page turn actions
• Bind drag events to timeline positions for rich interactivity
• Preview your projects on iPhones and iPads with the free Hype Reflect companion iOS app
• Hype Reflect’s Mirror Mode shows edits live as you make them
Extend with Code:
• Edit the Inner HTML of any element
• API to control scenes, timelines, and more
Export to HTML:
• Content works across all browsers from IE 6 up to the latest Chrome
• Self-contained directory holds all resources and code for your document
• Integrate into existing pages by copying and pasting 3 lines of HTML
Great for Ads:
• A minimal document is only 24 KB (self-hosted, compressed) or only 1.5 KB overhead when using the official CDN
• Export Script plugins extend Hype to support common ad systems
• Advanced Export fine-tunes deliverables
Hype also Exports:
• iBooks Author widgets
• Animated GIFs and PNGs
Because We Love the Mac:
• Written in Cocoa exclusively as an macOS app (supports 10.10 through 10.14)
• Adopts new macOS features and is gorgeous in Light and Dark modes
The Hype Professional In-App Purchase and adds powerful features to Hype 4:
• Responsive Layouts
• Symbols for creating reusable elements
• Persistent Symbols for master content
• Sprite Sheet/Image Sequence Import
• Editable Timing Functions
• Customizable Interface
• Grid System
• Advanced Export
• CDN for JS Runtime
• Ad System Plugins
• Fallback Images
• External Editors
• HTML Data Attributes
• OAM Export
• APNG Export
• Video Bitrate/Codec Options
• And More!
Download Hype now and start your free trial! Video tutorials and documentation is available on Hype’s website.
- Bug Fixes
Visit our What’s New page for more info and a video tour for v4.0:
Ratings and Reviews
Vector Animation is Great
Love that they added the ability to animate (morph) vector paths - this is a very powerful tool!
Hype 4 Is amazing!!!
Great app all around!
Former Flash Teacher Found His Zen
I spent 6 years of my life teaching intermediate and advanced Flash classes at my local community college. Near the end of that the writing on the wall was becoming more and more clear... Flash was on its way out. At its height, it was a great tool and I lamented its decline and wondered what would come along to replace it.
Now we have Hype and we are better off for it! Based on web standards it just works everywhere. No more plugins... no more worrying about how your project will work on mobile devices... no more compatibility issues... just throw it up on the server and it works. You'll be amazed at how easily you can create and publish the simplest or the most complex projects. This is a tool for the modern web that deserves a spot on every developer's dock.
Yes there is a bit of a learning curve if you're not coming over from Flash but Tumult has some great tutorials that make everything clear - plus you can find some quality Hype instructional videos on YouTube to help get you started. If you are coming from Flash, the interface will seem quite familiar - you will be able to easily adapt to working in Hype. I was up and running after a couple of days of playing around with it and haven't looked back.
I've been on board since Hype 2 and happily paid for every upgrade since and will do the same for future upgrades. Tumult really stepped in and filled the gap with a fantastic tool that brings HTML5 development to the masses and it's worth every penny. Big thanks to the developers at Tumult for continuing to grow and evolve Hype - you guys are awesome!
- Tumult Inc.
- 13.1 MB
- Graphics & Design
OS X 10.10 or later, 64-bit processor
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2011-2019 Tumult Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.