Cheeky Fingers is a beautifully crafted piano chord dictionary for iPhone & iPad.
We've designed a beautiful sidekick for any beginner or advanced pianist. No fuss, no confusing menus or terminology - just the chords, in a handy little app.
Choose a key to see chord variations, related chords and great sounding progressions in that key. Find chord inspiration for your next song.
· Quick access to hundreds of chords
· Find chords that sound great together
· View accurate musical notation
· Listen to great sounding progressions
· Add and share your own progressions
· Playback as chords or arpeggio
· View chord inversions
· Slow, medium and fast playback
· 4 great sounding pianos
· Toggle between octaves
· No in-app purchases
· Buy once and install on iPhone & iPad
This app has been updated by Apple to display the Apple Watch app icon.
Thank you everyone for all the great feedback. Please enjoy this update and keep the suggestions coming :)
- Added: Roman numerals (Settings > Chord Style)
- Added: Share progressions (Swipe left on a progression)
- Added: No longer goes to sleep
- Added: Setting to mute sounds
- Added: Improved variations layout
- Fixed: Double-sharp notation bug
- Fixed: Increased progression chord limit
- Fixed: Correctly recalls arpeggio setting
- Fixed: Small improvements in progressions
- Fixed: Disabled iOS9 magnifying glass
- Fixed: Improved text legibility
Stay tuned... I'm working on reverse chord lookup, with more chords.
This feature will be available in an upcoming update.
Ratings and Reviews
Almost perfect :)
It's an awesome app! My only complaint is some chords are spelled wrong. I.e. The music at the top will say C-E-G#, but the piano spells it C-E-Ab, which is technically wrong according to simple music theory. It can become confusing for those that are just learning chords and such. Even though the notes are enharmonic, it is not correctly spelled. Fix this and maybe add some other chords such as jazz chords and you're golden.👌🏻
While the UI is the best looking of its kind, there are quite a few features that have yet to be added. You're able to save your own cord progressions, however you are not able to save the full range of cords. Something that makes little sense to me. Also, once you save the progression you can't go back and edit it. There is no reverse chord look up, however it appears they are working on it. Until these issues get fixed, this is only a $.99 app. There are free apps with the same functionality, only less aesthetically pleasing.
I can’t add some jazz chords to make my own progression
Hi I really like this app but find that if I want to add a chord — I cannot add it in the area where I can create my own progressions. It seems there are only limited chords to choose from here. I want to create 2-5-1 jazz progressions and add them. Can you fix this thanks!
The developer, Nic Mulvaney Ltd, has not provided details about its privacy practices and handling of data to Apple.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Nic Mulvaney Ltd
- 12.1 MB
- Requires iOS 7.1 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 7.1 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 7.1 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © Nic Mulvaney
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.