This app is a mobile version of international online shogi site "81Dojo" (http://81dojo.com) under the patronage of the Japan Shogi Association.
81Dojo is characterized by its unique and advanced functionalities such as the post-game analysis support, very real playing environment including professional byoyomi voice, and the internationalization. All of these feature are provided in this mobile version too. 81Dojo stays with you all the time, while you take it with your mobile to anywhere you go to. Why not take a little break and enjoy some short games at 81Dojo?
(81Dojo is completely free of charge, free download and free playing.)
1. If you are not familiar with 81Dojo yet, it is recommended that you first try the web browser version and get used to its unique features and functionalities, before using this mobile app.
2. User account registration can be done via 81Dojo website. (Non-registered users can login with guest account as well.)
3. Any comments, wishes, bug reports to email@example.com would be appreciated. We keep improving the app quality. We would also appreciate your sending ratings and reviews if you find this app satisfactory.
1. 81Dojo has the full responsibility in the development and distribution of this app. The supporting bodies and cooperative bodies of the desktop computer oriented site "81Dojo" will not be liable to any matters related to this app.
2. In no event shall 81Dojo be legally liable to the user for any matters arising out of using this app.
- Improved speed by reducing traffice
- New handicap games are added
Ratings and Reviews
Contrary to the review that came up for me, the non-Japanese experience is far from poor. It’s amazing! Easy to switch everything to English, no broken translations, and international/training pieces available for those of us who are learning! Highly recommend.
I like 81Dojo for the most part, but the non-Japanese experience is poor for new players. When I try to get friends to download the app and play locally through WiFi we kick each other off. Additionally, on the mobile app there is no way to change the image used for the pieces to an international set, so I cannot teach my friends as easily (this feature exists on the website). Having to create an account on the website to work for mobile feels really bad and confusing.
Single player experience playing online is pretty good. Watching others is great. Signing in as guest is great.
Overall very good
The app is good, though it would be nice if there was a way to remain connected to the servers if you take too long to think and your phone auto locks. The shogi free app allows that, so I’m guessing it’s an issue on the host’s end. But the players are extremely friendly and helpful and it’s overall a very fun experience
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Tomohide Kawasaki
- 20.7 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 10.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
English, French, German, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2015 81Dojo