Get more control over your learning! Check out the settings menu in our newest update.
Frederick lets speakers of ANY language learn to read, spell and pronounce English through play, all in English! No translating or memorizing!
Because traditional English programs are boring, confusing and ineffective, many English students struggle to become confident, fluent readers and speakers.
So we removed everything that makes these old methods frustrating and made a NEW way for students to teach THEMSELVES, THEIR way! With Frederick, you can correct your mistakes instantly and develop all of your communication skills as fast as you like. It’s like having a native English teacher with you wherever you go!
How Frederick Works:
You move step-by-step through the reading levels of PHONICS (the rules of pronunciation) – also learning SIGHT WORDS (words that break pronunciation rules) – from the alphabet and single sounds to words and full sentences.
In each level’s “Explore Mode,” you DISCOVER the rules of phonics, spelling and pronunciation by making different letter combinations. You learn the real, native pronunciation of words, understand meanings with icons instead of translations, and increase your vocabulary.
Then you test your knowledge and skills with different games. Winning proves you’ve mastered a lesson!
There’s a “Word Bank” where you can see all of the words you’ve found, and you can also unlock all levels and modes with “Teacher Mode."
Frederick works offline, and you can easily track progress with word counters and rewards!
The first 3 levels are FREE:
1. the alphabet (Aa, Ba, Cc…)
2. short vowels and consonants (at, in, up…)
3. three-letter words (cat, bug, pig…)
Pay the one-time upgrade fee to get instant access to levels 4-35. (Upgrade within the first 30 minutes of using Frederick and get 75% OFF!)
4. consonant blends (CRab, STop, deSK…)
5. consonant digraphs (CHip, SHip, loCK…)
6. ng, nk (riNG, siNK, taNK…)
7. al, all, el, ell, il, ill, ul, ull, le (bALL, mILk, jungLE…)
8. magic/silent e (lakE, linE, modE…)
9. long A (rAIn, mAIl, pAY, EIGHt...)
10. long E (sEAl, mEAl, bE, fIEld, candY, kEY...)
11. long I (pIE, tIE, hIGH, wIld, kInd, flY...)
12. long O (bOAt, gOAt, lOW, gO, fOld, vOlt...)
13. long U (news, boot, clue, fruit...）
14. aPPle (eGG, PHone, QUit...）
15. dOg (cAUGHt, bOUGHt, frOg, wALk...）
16. brEAd (hEAd, rEAd, swEAt...）
17. cOIn (bOIl, cOIl, bOY, jOY...）
18. bOOk (cOOk, fOOt, pUll, pUsh...）
19. clOUd (OUt, cOUch, cOW, dOWn...）
20. cactUs (About, Alone, tokEn, pandA...）
21. sYrup (crYstal, phYsics, sYstem...）
22. City (Cell, Cobra, Gem, draGon...）
23. cAR (bAR, cARd, shARp, tARt...)
24. chAIr (hAIR, pAIR, cARE, shARE...)
25. EAR (gEAR, fEAR, lEER, pIER...)
26. bIRd (hER, pEARl, wORk, sURf...)
27. fORk (fOR, bOAR, dOOR, fOUR...)
28. sensitIVE (actIVE, elusIVE, negatIVE...)
29. sWAn (sWAt, WAtch, QUAlity, sQUAt...)
30. miX (fiX, EXam, EXcellent, EXpel...)
31. likED (votED, callED, lookED...)
32. canS (wishES, brickS, callS...)
33. vulTURE (culTURE, sURE, meaSURE...)
34. quesTION (convenTION, educaTION, equaTION...)
35. siGN (GNat, KNee, coMB, WRap...)
Frederick Is Perfect For:
Adult English language learners who want to understand the rules of spelling and pronunciation so they can quickly reduce their accent and understand natives more easily.
Teachers and parents (even those with NO EXPERIENCE teaching reading) who want a simple, natural and fun way to teach kids or adults to read, spell and pronounceEnglish. There are no confusing instructions in Frederick, and there’s no “system” tolearn, so even a two-year-old can use this simple tool all by themselves!
Learn more: http://frederickreadingapp.com/
Have questions or need support? Mail us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Thanks so much for trying Frederick! We hope you like it. :)
Praise For Frederick:
“I really love the app because it can help the students to enjoy learning English, and I recommend it to my colleagues.”
— Masashi, Jr. High Vice Principal, Japan
Get more control over your learning! Check out the settings menu in our newest update for Frederick: Learn to Read.
Ratings and Reviews
Great app for my dyslexic kiddo!
We saw a post about this app in a homeschool group on Facebook and decided to give it a try. While I was trying to figure out how to play, my 7 yr old ripped the phone from my hands and played it! She is dyslexic and struggles to sound out words, which leaves her frustrated and makes reading unenjoyable for all parties involved lol
One thing I really loved about this app was that instead of hearing one spoken word and choosing the matching word from three written words, you are prompted to play three spoken words and match one written word. My daughter enjoyed that aspect as well and seems to really enjoy the app! The app doesn’t really tell you what to do, but you figure it out pretty quick and that is also helpful as a skill when learning to read. The developer incorporated simple imagery that isn’t distracting but is easy to understand, and for dyslexics, visual cues are sooooo important.
So far, we were incredibly impressed with this app and really feel that it will be an invaluable tool for your toolbox if you are buying for an emerging reader or a kiddo with dyslexia! There are 35 levels and the words start with simple CVC words and move up through complex blends and word endings. I think it’s awesome and I can’t wait to continue using it with my 7 yr old!
Developer Response ,
Thanks so much! We're all so glad to hear Frederick has helped your family. Please spread the word about the app! :)
Great app to improve your pronunciation and to learn new vocabulary an easy way
This is the app I was searching for it.
It’s a great app I’ve ever used to learn English words. It’s interesting when you play. While using this app, I came to the realization that I was pronouncing words incorrectly all this time. It helped me with my pronunciation as well as with vocabulary.
Developer Response ,
Fantastic, Samar! If you know others who would enjoy Frederick, please share it with them. :)
The app will correct or modify your pronunciation. I personally found that the app is very useful. I was in the USA and got great review about my pronunciation. Many friends told me that my English accent is not like many Arab folks, but your pronunciation is very close to natives.
Developer Response ,
That's amazing, Mohannad! If you know others who would enjoy Frederick, please tell them about it. :) New levels coming soon!
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Drew Badger
- 421.8 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2020 EnglishAnyone
- In-App Purchases
- Unlock Game 50% off $19.99
- Unlock Game $79.99
- Unlock Game 25% off $59.99
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.