Swiss German Dictionary is the first comprehensive dictionary for English to Swiss German and vice versa. It contains 5´800 entries with audio and 9´900 explanations, examples and phrases. Full-text search is provided as well.
The Swiss German dialect differs in pronunciation, vocabulary and partially also in grammar from the High German standard. Therefore Swiss German Dictionary contains the most important vocabulary and numerous expressions which are only used in Switzerland. For all words you can hear how they are pronounced in Switzerland by a native speaker. With Swiss German Dictionary you can learn to conjugate the verbs in Swiss German and how to correctly form the plural of the nouns.
Who can benefit most from Swiss German Dictionary?
This app is ideal for all who want to move to the German speaking part of Switzerland and for all who want to better understand the dialect spoken in the greater Zurich area.
Features of the app include:
• Swiss German Dictionary works 100% offline, no internet connection is needed
• It contains 5´800 entries Swiss German – English and vice versa
• 9´900 explanations, examples and common phrases
• Vocabulary, pronunciation and grammar as they are common in the greater Zurich area
• The dictionary is suitable for everyday life, travel and leisure
• All entries are spoken by Swiss German native speakers
• It contains tips and tricks for quickly finding expressions using alternate spellings
• Simplified spelling for «sp» and «st»
• Enhancements to vocabulary, audio and examples
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Thumbs way up
I LOVE this app. So worth the money when living in Switzerland and trying to learn the local dialect. Very easy to use and navigate.
This dictionary has the vocabulary of a four-year old. I bought it to do research in the Swiss Federal Archives. Could not locate basic words like aussenwirtschaftsbericht. What a waste of money! Would like a refund.
Developer Response ,
Hi JayEss21, this dictionary is for translating Swiss German, the dialect spoken in the Swiss German part of Switzerland to English and vice versa. For your purpose you should use a regular High German - English dictionary. Please approach Apple for a refund.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.