Letterboxd for iOS puts the popular social network for film lovers on your iPhone or iPad, so you can log films and catch up on your friends’ activity with ease.
Sign in with your existing account (or create one for free) to enjoy our all-new native interface. These features of the web experience are supported, with more to come:
– Sign in (with 1Password support) or create an account
– Browse popular, highly rated and most anticipated films (including our official list of the Top 250 Narrative Features)
– Log films with date, rating, review and tags
– View film info (including cast & crew, popular lists and reviews) and rate, like, watchlist or mark as watched
– View (and filter) your activity feed
– Read and comment on reviews and lists
– Create and edit lists
– View member profiles including films, reviews, diary entries, tags, stats and more
– Follow members to see their activity in your feed
– Filter and sort collections of films based on specific criteria
– Search for films, content and people
– Edit your profile settings
Our app offers account upgrades as follows:
– Upgrade to 1 Year of Letterboxd Pro or Patron
– Pro tier adds annual and all-time stats pages based on your account activity, advanced activity and streaming service filters (including the option to pick and filter by the streaming services you subscribe to, powered by JustWatch.com), list cloning and removes third-party ads.
– Patron tier provides all the benefits of Pro, plus a profile backdrop taken from the first of your four favorite films (if available), a listing on the Patrons page of our website and early access to new features.
– Payment is charged to your iTunes Account when you confirm purchase and your subscription automatically renews unless auto-renewal is disabled at least 24 hours prior to the end of the current period. Your iTunes account will be charged for a renewal up to 24 hours before the end of each current period, at the same annual fee.
– You can manage your subscription and disable auto-renewals in the App Store app following purchase.
– Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited if you purchase a subscription to that publication, where applicable
We welcome your feedback regarding Letterboxd for iOS. Please email us: email@example.com
– Adds the film’s rank in our official Top 250 (plus a link to the full list) to the screen of all eligible films
– Fixes a visual bug on the cast/crew screen that was causing minor distress to the higher-ups
– Fixes a bug where tapping a diary entry in Activity would open the film instead of the entry
– Miscellaneous bug fixes and improvements
Ratings and Reviews
The first thing we want to do after seeing a movie is talk about it, and Letterboxd is a great place to connect with fellow film buffs. With this slick, streamlined app, we can easily share lists and reviews—and comment on friends’ updates—from the couch or the movie-theater lobby. If you’re serious about cinema, you’ll feel right at home.
I love this app so much
I cannot sing the praises of this app enough! I love it so much and it came at a great time in my life because just as I found myself getting more and more invested in film and whatnot a friend of mine introduced me to it. I’m a big fan of the idea of being able to write reviews as well as rate movies and denote whether or not you liked them. The app/website as a whole is a great experience and I wish more of my friends would get it. The only thing I would suggest is that you guys implement an ability to turn on notifications for when certain accounts have certain interactions. For instance, I would like to be able to turn on notifications on my friend’s account so I can know when she writes a review, adds a movie to her watch list, has just seen a movie, or even just rated it. If you guys could add this feature I think it’d go a long way and people would like doing that with some of the more notable users on the app or even just their followers/following. Beyond that though, like I said I absolutely love the app and have next to no complaints about it!
More sorting and customization please.
I would really like to see an option to sort by region, or to customize the app to only show certain regions, or countries of release. Sifting thru so many films that I will NEVER be interested in is beyond frustrating. Sorting by release date is nice, but honestly, I almost don’t want to bother with this app sometimes because of the lack of this one feature. I also don’t understand why the newest releases don’t show up when I first open the app. I sometimes have to go searching for a movie that literally opened the day I saw it. This doesn’t make any sense. Instead, upon opening the app, the “popular” tab shows up and gives me movies that opened months ago because I guess people are still talking about them. That’s great, but when I open the app, I would like to see what just came out. I will NEVER go pro with this app until I can customize it so that I don’t have to wade thru so much detritus to get to what I want. In other words, I would like the option to see regional new releases show up for me first. I don’t think that’s too much to ask since you can sort all kinds of other info. I am glad that all these movies are available. It’s just that they are superfluous to me and makes this app more cumbersome than it could be.
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
- Usage Data
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Letterboxd Ltd
- 54.3 MB
- Social Networking
- Requires iOS 12.1 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.1 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.1 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Apple TV
- Requires tvOS 13.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © 2016 Letterboxd
- In-App Purchases
- Letterboxd Pro (1 Year) $18.99
- Letterboxd Patron (1 Year) $48.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.