The most intuitive and feature-rich home, interior and landscape design app. Lay out floor plans of any complexity, and experience your house design with interior and exterior 3D visualization. Walk around the virtual model of your room or apartment. Recreate the terrain around your house and see how your future garden will look. No special skills needed!
Note! Some features require an in-app purchase.
• Create detailed 2D floor plan layouts.
• Beautiful real-time 3D rendering of house design or apartment.
• Build up to two stories with a loft (unlimited with Pro Features in-app purchase).
• The Project Gallery contains floor plan and interior design ideas (kitchens, bathrooms, living rooms, etc).
• Share your interior and house designs among iOS, macOS or Windows 10 devices.
• Free access to video tutorials, online Help, Quick Start Guide and quick technical support.
Floor Plan Tools
• Trace the imported floor plan or draw your own house plan from scratch using the Straight Wall, Arc Wall or Room tools.
• Customize the 2D representation of your furniture.
• View real-time dimensions for walls, ceilings and floors when drawing in 2D Plan view.
• Use the smart Dimension tool to set the distance between underlying objects or walls.
• Precise positioning achieved thanks to smart guides and object snapping.
• Diverse measurement units supported (inches, feet, meters, etc).
Real-Time 3D Environment
• Walk through your 3D interior design.
• Beautiful physically based materials provide realistic interior renderings.
• Add and move furniture and other objects, and apply materials.
• Set multiple cameras to view the house or its interior from different angles.
• Achieve natural lighting by setting up true geolocation, daytime and overcast.
• Adjust light fixtures throughout the house to achieve a realistic lighting scene.
• Create corner windows and complex openings.
• Experiment with soft and natural shadows.
3D Models and Materials
• 2,000+ furniture and other models for diverse home design styles.
• Import thousands of free models from Trimble 3D Warehouse.
• 2,100+ supplied materials.
• Drag and drop any image from the Finder to apply it to any surface as custom material.
• Set the exact size of a material tile to know how much material is needed for your house renovation project.
• Import objects in SketchUp, COLLADA, KMZ, FBX, OBJ or 3DS formats by simply dragging and dropping them into your project.
Roofs and Dormers
• Roof Assistant with 12 customizable roof templates.
• Add custom segments to fully customize your roof.
• 16 customizable dormers.
Export and Share the Result
• Export 3D views of the house design to JPEG, TIFF, PNG, and BMP.
• Render a realistic home interior and exterior walkthrough videos.
• Create Stereo 3D Video, 360° Video and even Stereo 3D 360° Video.
• Quickly send a copy of your home design via Mail, Messages or AirDrop.
• Export the entire home design project or selected objects to COLLADA, Trimble SketchUp™, VRML Version 2.0 or X3D format.
• iCloud support.
The Standard Features In-App purchase unlocks save and export options.
The Pro Features In-App purchase unlocks:
• Save and export options.
• Unlimited floor levels.
• Terrain editing tools for outdoor home design.
• Elevation view for more convenient side-view editing.
• Custom shaped roofs.
• Polygonal-based Block tool for drawing balconies, porches and more.
• Export to 3DS, FBX, USDZ, SCN, SCNZ and OBJ formats.
• FOV (field of view) and parallel camera projection.
• Export quality extended to Ultra HD for movies and 360° Panoramas, and to Hi-res (16,000 x 16,000) for still shots.
• Advanced material editor.
• Advanced light editor (helps to add a light source to imported objects).
• Bug fixes and stability improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
Great for visualizing furnishing and renovating your house
Nice mixture of accessibility and precision, as needed. Easy to create rooms and walls, and to add windows, doors, and openings. The range of materials is pretty good, and easy to apply. It is easy to create and set camera views. Working in the split screen — half floor plan, and half 3D view — makes changes and additions immediately understandable. Access to the Trimble 3D Warehouse is great: There is a huge number of options for furniture and other elements in your interior; almost all allow customizable dimensions. The only noticeable lack, for me, is the range of light fixtures. Only the light fixtures in the software act as light sources (customizable for intensity and other attributes); the light fixtures in Trimble 3D Warehouse don’t offer the lighting functionality (at least what I’ve found). To achieve relatively realistic lighting and shadows, you need to use the limited range of fixtures in the software.
Good for basic floorpans and...
I have benn using Live Home 3D for a while and I think it is very good for what it is - at least with the basic version that I have. I am not a professional architect, but I can see where it could be useful if I were.
The big thing - for me - is that it needs a little work from the user ergonomic perspective. Just a few too many clicks to do simple ops.
But, I would definitely recommend this app for the beginner… and beyond!
Great for smallish tasks
Amateurs without some experience in drafting and computer work may have some difficulty. The documentation is thorough, so don't let this scare you away. It is a powerful tool, and in order to get it to do the things you want it to, you will need to learn how to use it. If you do that then the reward will be great.
I'm finishing my basement, and this app lets me figure out the floor plan and do the decor too, so hopefully most of my mistakes are either virtual or small enough to be corrected.
Once I figured out how to import 3D models and create new materials using downloaded images for things ilke fabric and wallpaper, it made everything a lot easier to visualize.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Belight Software, ltd
- 461.9 MB
- Graphics & Design
- Requires macOS 10.14 or later.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Ukrainian
- Age Rating
- © 2022 Belight Software
- In-App Purchases
- Pro Features - 1 Month $9.99
- Upgrade to Pro $19.99
- Pro Features - 1 Year $19.99
- Standard Features - 1 Month $4.99
- Pro Features - Lifetime $49.99
- Additional Materials $4.99
- Scandinavian Furniture $4.99
- Outdoor Object Collection $4.99
- Standard Features - 1 Year $9.99
- 50 Houses Pack $4.99
Some in‑app purchases, including subscriptions, may be shareable with your family group when Family Sharing is enabled.