Featured in the "Best Pocket Translators" by Apple.
Mate translates 103 languages and also teaches you how to pronounce words correctly. It also perfectly understands speech in 40 languages and lets you hear the translation back.
Phrasebook helps you to easily save & keep words you want to learn.
Stop using tons of different language apps to help you translate and just use Mate!
Translate Different Languages
• Mate understands 103 languages and also teaches you how to pronounce words correctly.
• Get translations for Spanish, French, Japanese, Italian and more!
• See the phonetic transcription and transliteration of words and text.
• Mate can speak out words and texts with correct accents to help you learn faster.
• Mate perfectly understands speech in 40 languages and lets you hear the translation back.
• Know what to say in a different language even in a crowded, loud bar!
Create a Custom Phrasebook
• Language learners and travelers! Create custom word lists for any language and keep them handy whenever you need.
• Mate Phrasebook – Easily create and curate word lists which are available even offline.
Use Mate Anywhere
• Stop switching between apps when you need a translation and use Mate everywhere you go!
• Translate anywhere, and even use Mate in iMessage and on the lock screen.
• Select any text in any app and get a translation by hitting the “Share via Mate“ button.
Sync Translations Across All Devices
• Keep all of your translation and dictionary data synchronized across all your devices.
• Automatically synchronize your data between all your iPhones, browsers and Macs.
No matter what you need translated, a word, a book or a friends’ message, no compromise! Now “Mate it,” will mean, “Come on man, just use this awesome app and forget about using translation websites.” Use Mate for all your translation needs!
Download Mate today to get your ultimate translation helper!
We localized Mate to Chinese.
The speak-out feature did not work for Hebrew, now it does.
Mate was becoming stuck on iPad when translating via the share menu, now it works like it should.
Follow us on social media:
With feedback or ideas, ping us at email@example.com
Ratings and Reviews
The app is fantastic, helps me in massaging because I am in out of the US. But my question is how do I translate other language with manually translating because it shows two people in iMessages that one is understand what he is saying on Mate translator and the other is not
On the one hand this is virtually the only app that which will translate Welsh at all, which makes me nuts, so 5/5 for that.
Second, it does a passable job for 1860's-1900 Welsh to English, which is extremely commendable so 5+/5.
On the other hand, the app seems to not apply grammar rules to more complex sentences (more descriptors) or not-ideal punctuation in newspapers before the turn of the century (1900s). Since it's a descriptive, poetic language - and not the only one that is different than 'subject-verb' being able to translate to grammatically correct English would be a huge help....3/5
There are basic words that will translate correctly in the lists below the usually-correctly-translated word if you do just the word (Ehedydd = Sylark or Lark, not Skyper; Eos = Nightingale) yet the app won't translate them at all (ie, "Eos Cynlais" & "Ehedydd Cynlais" remain exactly as is) - four instance these are titles: either 'Cynlais Nightingale' or 'Skylark of Cynlais' for the second one, as Cynlais is a geographical name.
More extensive music, poetry, land features, mining and farming terminology would probably be an additional help for those of us trying to translate for either history or genealogy use.
Not Sure Yet .. Some Early Signs
Why, in your description of app, last § (read while waiting for download to finish as needed it “right now,” of course) did you day to down load this “free” app? It def wasn’t free for me: was $9.99 WITH an extra add-on at same price.
So, since all I want is an app, that, when I’m in any App Store iOS app and highlight a foreign word, paragraph, or page(s), I want a translation! Period. I& this app doesn’t do that, it IS a con. If able, will report back.
Developer Response ,
Valid point. Thanks for reporting. We remove the "for free" part of the sentence in the app description.
You can highlight a word or a paragraph in different apps (say, Safari), hit "Share...", select Mate, and you'll get a translation right there.
- Twopeople Software LLC
- 130.6 MB
Requires iOS 10.3 and watchOS 2.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Italian, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Ukrainian
- Age Rating
- © 2018 Twopeople Software
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.