Want high-quality photo scans? The magical Pic Scanner Gold app does this and MUCH more. Unlimited scans and use of ALL features for a one-time price. No subscriptions or in-app purchases.
* Scan multiple photos at a time
* Fully automatic cropping
* Automatic enhancement
* Edit and restore old photos
* Add "who, when, where" info
* Make albums and slideshows
* Greeting cards and calendars
* Export to any device or cloud service
* Sync between iPhone, iPad and Mac
* Fast, personalized help desk
You'll LOVE this painstakingly-crafted app, or your money back.
Featured by Cult of Mac, BBC, National Geographic Traveler, Internet Genealogy, iPad Insight, The Guardian and more.
***** Best picture scanner!
***** Love the scan quality
***** Great customer service
SCAN AND AUTO-CROP
* Scan MULTIPLE photos with one touch
* Auto-cropping, auto-enhancement
* Hands-free scanning via Bluetooth
ADD TEXT DESCRIPTIONS
* Digitally label photos: date, place, other details
* Save family stories for future generations
* Export photos with captions inscribed
* Unique feature only in this app
ENHANCE AND RESTORE
* Easy-to-use 19-tool image editor
* Dramatically improve faded photos
* Repair blemishes, stains, creases
* Import photos from Camera Roll for editing
SHARE AND ARCHIVE
* Transfer photos between iPhone, iPad and Mac
* Post to social networks and messaging services
* Archive in iCloud or ANY free cloud service
* Save to Photos app, computer or thumb drive
ENJOY THE MEMORIES
* Beautiful, quick-create picture albums
* Instant slideshows. 200+ greeting cards
* Auto-create 'Favorites' album
* Shareable albums with captions and music!
NO NASTY SURPRISES
* No monthly or annual subscriptions
* No "extra" in-app purchases
* No ads, watermark or personal data tracking
* No limit on exporting photos
* Photos stay on your iPhone/iPad, NOT our server
BUY WITH CONFIDENCE
Easy-to-use. Does what it says. If you need help, customer service is fast and all-human: No canned replies!
WHY THIS APP?
FAST AND INEXPENSIVE
Scanning 4 photos at a time is faster than using Camera app and trimming manually. Much cheaper than scanning services.
PRESERVES & RENEWS
Paper prints fade. Digitizing gives vintage pics a new life, saving your Kodak moments forever.
Parents or grandparents' albums? Scan, so the whole family can get copies. Great for TBT posts, photo books and scrapbooks.
PERFECT FOR GENEALOGY
Do genealogy or family history? Use Pic Scanner to preserve your heritage and add notes to pix and family trees.
CONVENIENT & PORTABLE
No need to remove photos from albums: Scan entire pages. Fading, crumbly pics in a shoe box at old aunt’s? Go on: No WIFI needed.
LIKE A TIME MACHINE
Take a nostalgia-filled trip down memory lane: Rediscover your analog past and get it into the digital present!
NOT FOR SCANNING FILM
Can't scan camera film or Kodachrome slides, or convert negatives to positive images.
World's first multiple-photo scanner app, now with many more features! One-time price, unlimited use. No in-app purchase, no subscription, no sign-up.
1) Resolved a bug that sometimes made the Scanner shutter button unresponsive. 2) When you add captions to photos, Pic Scanner Gold can now save dates, locations and descriptions in Metadata - making your photos instantly searchable (And if you don't want this, it can be turned off through Menu > Settings). 3) Added 2021 calendars in Goodies > Greeting cards.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Great Photo Scanner
First and foremost the customer support provided for this app is outstanding. I was tackling a big project, and got great tips and guidance through the process. If you are looking to scan old photos quickly and easily with excellent editing options, this is the app for you. It is not, however, the best for putting together slideshows or albums. The limitation of 24 photos maximum is more of a nod to that need, and does not accommodate more than a small project. I chose to scan all the photos I needed, and then exported them to iPhoto to create a slideshow there. There are, of course, other apps you can use for that purpose as well. Also, given the memory limitations of the app, I could only scan about 100 photos before needing to delete photos to be able to scan more. Over all, mission accomplished, and PicScanner was a key element to successful completion.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for the detailed feedback. Puzzled about the 'memory limitations' bit. The app has no such limit, and you can scan/save thousands of photos (The only limitation is the free space available on your iPhone or iPad). Please email us so we can help resolve this.
Photo scanning made easy and great quality
As with many is that started taking photos before the digital age, I’ve been looking for the right method to digitize my old photos for archive purposes and to enjoy them with digital collection. I considered photo scanning services (worried about privacy, quality and the prospect of loss), using a flatbed scanner (much slower, not significantly better, and needs special, more expensive software). This led me to using my iPhone (11). Simply taking photos of photos was cumbersome and not high quality. I then started reviewing AppStore apps. After trying a few, I happened across Pic Scanner Gold. It provides high quality results (improving low quality old photos significantly), doesn’t require long-term commitment (ie subscription), and a host of additional tools that are useful to work with my photos. Also, the help guides are extremely useful and practical to get the best results possible. As with any app, I have a few suggestions for improvement (eg HEIC format support) but the pros far, far exceed the cons. Additionally, technical support is both helpful and very responsive. In short, app is highly recommended if you need a quality and practical solution to migrate your photos.
The best photo scanning app by far!
Like other reviewers I’ve tried just about every photo scanning app there is. This is hands down the best one out there! I’ve scanned hundreds of my personal family photos (ones dating back 100+ years ago) and have done some for my genealogical clients. Once I got used to working with the app, they’ve all turned out beautifully. I used to work in the collections management department of several museums and the scans I’ve gotten with this app are just about as good as the scans I’ve had using professional scanners.
A lot of the other apps screwed with the color of the photo and the images would turn out warped. It was also hard to get a clear scan. With this one all you’ve got to do is scan it on a flat white surface from above. A word of advice, make sure you hold it still even after you’ve hit the button. Also make sure you’ve got your elbows planted firmly so you don’t shake your hands.
If you have a lot of old (or not so old!) family photos you want to keep digitally keep forever, please skip the rest of the apps and download this one now! 😀
Developer Response ,
Thanks for your very generous, detailed review. Given your professional experience, if you have any suggestions for us to improve this app, we'd love if you email us. We'd also like to send you our 'tip sheets' for scanning, auto-cropping etc.
- App Initio Limited
- 139.7 MB
- Photo & Video
Requires iOS 12.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Dutch, Japanese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © 2016 App Initio Limited
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.