AdGuard is an ultra-efficient ad blocker for Safari. It will not only remove annoying ads but also secure your privacy with advanced tracking protection. AdGuard for iOS is an open source app, it’s totally transparent and safe to use.
- Safari ad blocking. Removes all kinds of ads in Safari. Say goodbye to annoying banners, pop-ups and video ads. Whitelist your favorite websites or use manual blocking tool to hide any element on the page.
- Privacy protection. The web is full of trackers that literally watch your every click. AdGuard offers a selection of filters aimed directly at trackers and web analytics that will ensure your private data stays that way.
- Speed acceleration. Safari browser runs up to 4x faster. AdGuard removes tons of rubbish and you can freely surf the web!
- Reduced traffic consumption and increased battery life. Banners and ads sometimes add up to half the size of the page. By blocking them, you’re saving your battery life and Wi-Fi/mobile traffic.
- More than 50 popular subscriptions (EasyList, EasyPrivacy, etc.) plus AdGuard's own powerful ad filters, including language-specific filters. Together they don't leave ads a chance.
ADGUARD PRO FEATURES
AdGuard Pro includes the following features:
- Custom filters. Add your own filters by URL even if they are not on the default list.
- DNS privacy. Blocking regular online trackers is not enough if you want to assure 100% protection of your online privacy. Choose any of the user-favorite DNS providers or configure a custom DNS server.
- Security filters. Protect yourself from dangerous websites riddled with cryptojacking or fraud.
AdGuard is a leading company in developing ad blocking software for multiple platforms. For more than ten years AdGuard has been helping millions of users enjoy safe, clean, and fast internet.
Follow us at @AdGuard on Twitter, facebook.com/AdGuardEn/ on FB or send us a message at email@example.com.
It's time for the long-awaited release of AdGuard v4.3 for iOS. We've implemented support for AdGuard’s Safari Web Extension for iOS 15 and added Advanced protection. Never before has AdGuard for iOS blocked ads so effectively!
The AdGuard Web Extension for Safari serves to enhance the capabilities of the AdGuard for iOS app. With this extension, AdGuard can apply Advanced protection to better block ads in Safari, including YouTube ads, thanks to an improved filtering mechanism.
We’ve also performed a complete code refactoring and added an option to choose the filter update check interval in Low-level settings. And, of course, we fixed a few minor bugs in the process.
We hope you will enjoy AdGuard v4.3 for iOS!
Ratings and Reviews
Good, but could be better with a new feature
I have used this for a while on iOS not had any complaints, but with one simple addition effectiveness would be significantly better.
1. Provide updated lists of sites to blacklist like you do for safari, but for DNS (adding to what we have to currently do manually).
2. If possible expand on the above suggestion and combine it with not only sites, but filters similar to those used for safari in a way it works with other browsers and applications. I see sites flagged as advertising in this apps logs, but if they are blocked apps like for weather stop working.
I rarely use safari anymore because there so many other web browsers to pick from many of which are better suited to my needs.
This is the most comprehensive ad/tracker blocking solution I’ve ever used (I’ve used many other “content blockers”... WeBlock comes close but lacks some of AdGuard Pro’s key features)
The ability to choose from a variety of block lists has proved to be very useful. I found the best combo of lists for my needs after a day or two of internet use. The system-wide privacy module is great as well (the VPN feature). I’ve only enabled the three suggested hosts lists (might be overkill) and I notice that many of my apps now exclude ads (like banner ads in Pandora, Speedtest, and games).
Best of all is the ability to see the log of what connections my device has been making in order to diagnose which additional ad/tracker connections I want to block. It’s also great just to see how many trackers I’m avoiding now! I’ve been told trackers slow down overall load times so that’s a major plus.
Only downside for me is with the speed of the custom DNS service choices (which isn’t AdGuard’s fault). I was really hoping the Google DNS or OpenDNS services would help with response times, but I’ve found that sticking to the default system DNS option yields the fastest page response times, so I don’t use this feature.
Overall an amazingly feature-rich application which I couldn’t live without on both my iPhone and Mac! Highly recommend.
Developer Response ,
Hello! We'll do our best to keep up great work! Your feedback is highly appreciated:)
Powerful and feature heavy ad blocker
One of the biggest problem that I have with most ad blockers, is that they provide little to no features/customizability. Some of the more popular iPhone ad blockers are Purify, BlockBear, AdBlock by FutureMind, 1Blocker, and AdGuard. I believe that right above 1Blocker, AdGuard sits highest on the throne of “Best Ad Blocker”. (I honestly would not recommend any ad blocker for iOS other than 1Blocker and/or AdGuard)
AdGuard provides the user with MANY ad block lists that vary in rules, which more than what most ad blockers offer/provide—most only provide the option to enable ad blocking but don’t even allow you to enable other ad lists that could help block ads. You can even add you own rules. And one of the big features that AdGuard provides is that of DNS Servers, that are preconfigured to block different things.
AdGuard is more/provides more options and control than most ad blockers give.
Though I thoroughly enjoy and appreciate the app, there are two thing that I wish were added. The first is the ability to add custom ad blocking lists, just as AdBlock by FM allows you to add more via urls. The second is make it possible to create custom rules that are as complex as the ones that can be created on the computer version of AdGuard (e.g. csp syntax, extended CSS selectors, etc.)
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Performiks OOO
- 93.2 MB
- Requires iOS 11.2 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.2 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.2 or later.
English, Belarusian, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- © Adguard Software Ltd
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.