AdGuard is an ultra-efficient ad blocker for Safari. It will not only remove annoying ads but also secure your privacy with advanced tracking protection. AdGuard for iOS is an open source app, it’s totally transparent and safe to use.
- Safari ad blocking. Removes all kinds of ads in Safari. Say goodbye to annoying banners, pop-ups and video ads. Whitelist your favorite websites or use manual blocking tool to hide any element on the page.
- Privacy protection. The web is full of trackers that literally watch your every click. AdGuard offers a selection of filters aimed directly at trackers and web analytics that will ensure your private data stays that way.
- Speed acceleration. Safari browser runs up to 4x faster. AdGuard removes tons of rubbish and you can freely surf the web!
- Reduced traffic consumption and increased battery life. Banners and ads sometimes add up to half the size of the page. By blocking them, you’re saving your battery life and Wi-Fi/mobile traffic.
- More than 50 popular subscriptions (EasyList, EasyPrivacy, etc.) plus AdGuard's own powerful ad filters, including language-specific filters. Together they don't leave ads a chance.
ADGUARD PRO FEATURES
AdGuard Pro includes the following features:
- Custom filters. Add your own filters by URL even if they are not on the default list.
- DNS privacy. Blocking regular online trackers is not enough if you want to assure 100% protection of your online privacy. Choose any of the user-favorite DNS providers or configure a custom DNS server.
- Security filters. Protect yourself from dangerous websites riddled with cryptojacking or fraud.
AdGuard is a leading company in developing ad blocking software for multiple platforms. For more than ten years AdGuard has been helping millions of users enjoy safe, clean, and fast internet.
Follow us at @AdGuard on Twitter, facebook.com/AdGuardEn/ on FB or send us a message at email@example.com.
Meet AdGuard v4.4.0 for iOS! In this release we have fixed only one, but incredibly annoying issue with AdGuard DNS filtering module handling network changes. Now everything works without glitches and we can finally relax (for a while). Hope you will enjoy the new version.
Ratings and Reviews
This is the most comprehensive ad/tracker blocking solution I’ve ever used (I’ve used many other “content blockers”... WeBlock comes close but lacks some of AdGuard Pro’s key features)
The ability to choose from a variety of block lists has proved to be very useful. I found the best combo of lists for my needs after a day or two of internet use. The system-wide privacy module is great as well (the VPN feature). I’ve only enabled the three suggested hosts lists (might be overkill) and I notice that many of my apps now exclude ads (like banner ads in Pandora, Speedtest, and games).
Best of all is the ability to see the log of what connections my device has been making in order to diagnose which additional ad/tracker connections I want to block. It’s also great just to see how many trackers I’m avoiding now! I’ve been told trackers slow down overall load times so that’s a major plus.
Only downside for me is with the speed of the custom DNS service choices (which isn’t AdGuard’s fault). I was really hoping the Google DNS or OpenDNS services would help with response times, but I’ve found that sticking to the default system DNS option yields the fastest page response times, so I don’t use this feature.
Overall an amazingly feature-rich application which I couldn’t live without on both my iPhone and Mac! Highly recommend.
Developer Response ,
Hello! We'll do our best to keep up great work! Your feedback is highly appreciated:)
I had been using Adblock by Futuremind before I have had a chance to find out about this one. Be honest with you, I have never had any issues with the Adlock, and it was working like charm, till I get to try it with a Vpn connection. For some reasons I needed to use a Vpn, and once I did it, the Adblock stopped blocking the ads. It was kinda annoying. Adguard Pro has so far coped with my expectations. I haven't seen any app I currently use has any ads in them. Even if I connect to a Vpn server. So far, I am really impressed by the developers work. I hope that the team is gonna keep up with their hard work in the future as well. I suggest this adblocker to anyone who wants to have a reliable adblocking app which blocks Safari and in Apps ads, and wants to use it even when they are connected to a Vpn network.
Terrible Software - Either Works Too or Not At All
I expected to install this app, enable it, and have intrusive ads reduced in number. On one particular page that was flooded with ads, there was zero change in the number of pop-ups and banner ads after installing and enabling the app in Safari. I attempted to individually block these elements only to have them come back once I'd gone through the laborious process of switching from safari to the app, then back to safari, then refreshing the page.
I then made sure that all the content blockers for Adguard were enabled only to NOT BE BLE TO LOAD THE PAGE AT ALL. I determined that this was due to the "Adguard Pro - Other" content blocker. There is, apparently, no way to see what rules are part of that list. Even with all other blockers enabled, all of the ads still appear.
This app is not only useless for the purpose I purchased it for, the interface is infuriating. There is no reason I should have to switch between apps when manually locking an element (that doesn't even remain blocked anyway.)
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Performiks OOO
- 108.6 MB
- Requires iOS 11.2 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.2 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.2 or later.
English, Belarusian, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- © Adguard Software Ltd
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.