WHAT IS CLOCK YOURSELF?
Clock Yourself challenges you to think on your feet.
It involves exercise for your body and your brain, at the same time.
Every challenge will stimulate your brain in a different way.
You don't have to master one challenge before you can explore another challenge.
Some call this an exercise app.
Some call this a brain games app.
Why can’t it be both?!
WHO CAN USE CLOCK YOURSELF?
Clock Yourself exercises involve taking one step in all directions on a circle visualised beneath your feet. It’s perfect for exercise at home.
Athletes often modify Clock Yourself exercises outdoors for sport-specific agility drills, by visualising a much larger circle and running between the coordinates.
Similarly, people who are unable to walk can modify Clock Yourself to practise reaching with their arms, or wheelchair agility!
If you think you’re too slow to use Clock Yourself, you’re probably wrong.
If you think you’re too fit to use Clock Yourself, you’re definitely wrong!
WHY DID WE MAKE CLOCK YOURSELF?
The Clock Yourself concept originated in neurological rehabilitation. Now anyone can use it to harness their neuroplasticity.
It was developed by Australian physiotherapist @MegLowryPT and software developer Dave Wallace.
We had 5 goals:
1. Make it fun - Clock Yourself exercises are so entertaining that you’ll show your friends at parties!
2. Make it versatile - Both the stepping speed and the cognitive complexity are in your control.
3. Make it evidence based - This is a volitional step training method. Volitional stepping trains faster steps in all directions to improve your chances of catching yourself during a fall.
4. Make it portable - There is no need to set up mats, wires or sensors. It also works offline. It only requires internet for your initial download from the App Store.
5. Make it affordable - This is a once off purchase for pocket change. It has no recurring subscriptions and no advertisements.
IS CLOCK YOURSELF AVAILABLE IN OTHER LANGUAGES?
Yes and no.
At this stage, all of the buttons and instructions are in English only.
However, if you click the Options button within each challenge (except for the Simple Colours challenge) you can choose to play the audio prompts in six other languages.
What are you waiting for? Go ahead and Clock Yourself!
“A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new” - Albert Einstein
Added crash reporting
Fixed bug that caused the app to crash on launch on older iOS devices
Ratings and Reviews
Good for all skill levels
I’ve used this with clients who need to work on balance and coordination. It has been well received by a wide range of people, from those who play competitive sports to those who are recovering from a stroke and those who are older and trying to reduce their fall risk. I also have used the cardio setting as a home work out. Instruction videos are clear and easy to follow, and the different challenge levels and settings make it easy to find the right difficulty level.
Makes balance practice fun
I have Parkinson’s and have been working on balance issues for a couple of years now. I know that I will have to keep practicing to maintain the gains I’ve made. This app makes that easy and interesting to do. Thanks to the developer who came up with it.
Innovative and beneficial
Clock Yourself’s instructions, including the animated pictures, are both clear and easy to follow. And I like that some of the help is simple and direct without being patronizing or insulting, rather it is SMH obvious in case someone didn't quite catch something. Even at the default bronze level, I can see the need to concentrate, and feel the benefits for balance, agility, and a good cardio workout. The speaker’s voice is pleasant, clear and professional.
I will try the higher levels, challenge myself, and see how I do.
Glad I tried it. You should too!
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Next Step Allied Health Pty Ltd
- 129.9 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- © 2016 Next Step Allied Health Pty Ltd
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.