***ON SALE 50% OFF!*** A musical way to occupy your mind in this difficult time of isolation. We've also made additional Sample Set content available FREE.
Jamm Pro is the anticipated evolution of Ninja Jamm, the original touch controlled beat app. Easy to use but deep, Jamm Pro includes Ninja Jamm users most requested feature: the ability to load your own samples. As well as immense performance power, it’s packed with pro features and new ideas e.g. its modular synth-like patching capabilities.
Jamm is a unique instrument. Loaded with free content and killer presets, you'll be amazing yourself with the music you create from the moment you press Play.
- Load your own samples via iOS Files app.
- Record in via Mic, Soundcard, Inter App Audio. Audiobus/AUM are supported, giving you access to the extensive range of iOS IAA apps like drum machines and synths to work with Jamm.
-Multitrack Stem recording: Transforms Jamm Pro into a production tool: recordings are saved with all channels individually recorded. You can then load these into an editor/DAW such as Ableton, Logic or Pro Tools to work on further.
-Multi-touch tip control: Use small finger movements to simultaneously and expressively control multiple FX at once.
Individual per channel FX: 5 Distortion/Crush units, 5 Filters, 5 Delays, 5 Reverbs, 5 Sidechains. All with full recallable control.
64 Total Recall Patches: instantly Store and Recall the total state of what you’re doing with 64 Patch memories.
-In-app help: Access help overlay screens from wherever you are to explain all the page’s functions… no need to stop to read and dig into the manual!
-Coldcutter module: Buffer shuffle and modulation matrix for sophisticated beat manipulation. Users can trigger automatic call and response between channels, algorithmic evolutions of samples and modular synth-like patchable modulation sequencers.
-Sub-bass module: Automatically generate super heavy bass kicks and basslines from drum samples — a feature dril fans will adore.
-Loopstation/Resampling functions: Use Jamm Pro as a Loopstation — perfect for vocalists to loop and layer vocals as well as beatboxing via instant recording.
-MIDI input: MIDI Learn allows easy connection of MIDI hardware to trigger and control Jamm Pro.
-Slice sequencer: Unique and highly interactive feature allowing users to simply draw on the screen to restructure any sample.
-Smart pitch bends: Change the pitch of any or all of the channels in real-time to inspire musically apt progressions.
-Scratch: Experiment with the iconic hiphop technique by applying the effect to any sample.
*Please note Jamm Pro is a very powerful app and will perform best on newer iPads. The iPad Pro is the ideal device for the best experience with Jamm Pro.
For Ninja Tune co-founders Coldcut, known for their innovations in DJing, Remixing, Production and Live Performance, Jamm Pro has been 25 years in the making. Coldcut have been honing it in their live show and recently creating music with it.
Designed by Coldcut’s Matt Black with the aim of creating their ultimate electronic music instrument. As users experiment and develop ideas, they can save them as their own patches, which can be used to quickly build up stages of a song, structure a live performance, or used as a sketchpad.
The app features exceptional and extensive modulation and patching capabilities, the likes of which have never been seen in a sample app before. Equipped with four main channels, each with nine sequencers — six modulation sequencers, a slice sequencer, a pitch/reverse/drill sequencer and a gate sequencer — and up to 64 patches per set, Jamm Pro allows for a possible 2,304 sequencers per Sound Set in the app.
As well as production, Jamm Pro has been designed as an instrument for playing live sound, drawing on hiphop DJing and timing. With expressive touch control, the app facilitates direct engagement of hand-eye-ear coordination through ‘tip control’. This innovative feature tracks small finger movements that can be used to sensitively control various effects.
And yes Ableton Link is included!
• Fix FFT Phase slider was not shown in clip panel when a stab channel voice was set to FFT mode.
• After loading a sample into a stabs channel slot, set the slot to gated mode.
• Various minor bugfixes
Previous versions 1.1 update release notes:
The Jamm Pro 1.1 update adds new functionality, improves performance and fixes bugs. Create whole songs using the new Patch edit functions to arrange patches, then playback with the Patch sequencer.
• Add copy/paste/insert/delete functions for Patches.
• Improved overall stability and optimizations for better performance.
• Import multiple samples at once from Files app.
• Add Swap function in clip panel to swap two clips slot positions in the clip matrix.
• Add Undo Audio option for audio events such as sampling into a slot, loading a sample from Files app, etc.
• Add delay width parameter for adjustable width ping pong delay.
• Add new "Wes" reverb type.
• Master volume now goes to 11.
• Fine tune slider controlled parameters by holding shift while changing value.
• Increase MaxBars value for sampling and recording to 16 bars.
• Cancel sampling if manually disarmed by tapping Rec/Sampling arm button before pre roll countdown ends.
• Add Shift + Tap on Load Arrow icon (Record button) after recording to automatically delete the recording you just made.
• Change from single tap to double tap a clip or stab to start/stop sampling into that slot.
• Change from single tap to double tap a clip or stab to load recording into slot after recording -> load to clip.
• Add Shift + BPM arrows while in Repitch All modes shifts the bpm up/down in semitone values.
• Add triplets to clip XY drilling.
• Improved error handling when loading sets.
• Update to latest Audiobus SDK.
• Various bug fixes throughout the app.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Me like! Needs a better way out...
This is a fun remix app with some serious power. However, it needs InterApp audio or AudioBus to get live performances into a DAW without having to record and load manually. The addition of this ability would also allow for playing live synths, etc. into a mix. Seriously, add this feature please! I couldn’t be terribly hard. If it was an AUv3, that would even be better as it would be future proofed. What do you say guys/gals, is this something that is possible?
Also, the app needs more sound packs, especially slower, tip hop/downtempo stuff, well, and some more good glitch.
I would trust any product from this developer
My original review: The “store” to buy sets is glitchy at best. Have paid for two; neither will download. It constantly reverts to showing that I never bought them, so I use the “restore purchases” command which shows them to be available for download, then they won’t download, then the cycle starts again.
Revised... so I was way too mean above. The developer worked really hard and was persistent about fixing the problem - even when that turned out to be difficult. I give him top marks for professionalism. And the program is excellent .
What I should have mentioned earlier is that the product is a truly inspired tool for working with loops and samples. Its features and options are deep. They may take some time to fully explore and understand, but that time spent is greatly rewarded. Once you’re comfortable with it, JammPro is incredible. Its strength is probably in live performance, and it is incredibly fun to “play” and has the level of sophistication that I think could allow its use as the core instrument for a live electronic performer.
Solid Remix & Creation Tool
Whether you want to just play with sound or need a powerful composition tool, JammPro is deep with features and capabilities to satisfy. Every last aspect of the software is adjustable making for varied experiences from session to session. Link with other apps and record into JammPro or use the iPad mic as input. There is no limit when you start digging into the software deeper. Not only will you be able to compose, but also perform.
In-App PurchasesSee All
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- User Content
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Ninja Tune Ltd
- 123.8 MB
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2020 Ninja Tune Ltd.
- In-App Purchases
- Coldcut Only Heaven Sound Set $1.99
- Loopmasters - Live Downtempo $1.99
- Falty DL Sound Set $1.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.