MindNode - Mind Map & Outline 4+
Mind Mapping, Brainstorm Ideas
- Offers In-App Purchases
Every great idea starts with a single thought. And another. And then a million more. MindNode is the most delightful brainstorming app for Mac and iOS. It helps you capture your thoughts and create a clear picture of your idea.
Featured as Apple’s “App of the Day” & “Editors’ Choice”
WHAT’S ON YOUR MIND?
• Capture Your Thoughts
Whether as words, images, links, tasks, or notes, capture your thoughts in any form. Create an outline for an organized, hierarchical view, and observe how it grows as a mind map. Use the mind map to visually rearrange nodes and add new thoughts. MindNode is the right tool to get your ideas out of your head the way you want to.
• Organize Your Idea
Your document reflects your ever-changing understanding of an idea as you add and adjust thoughts. Move, tag, connect, detach, and reconnect as often as you like. Mind map and outline side-by-side. Concentrate on one thought at a time with Focus Mode, Visual Tags, and foldable branches.
• Style Your Mind Map
Personalize your document with beautiful out-of-the-box themes and custom stickers. Make your mind map look just right by styling every detail. With Smart Layout your idea will always look fantastic.
• Share Your Vision
Easily share your documents with others or move them one step further in your creative process. Send tasks to Apple Reminders, Things, or OmniFocus. Export your idea as text, image, and to many other file formats.
STAY PRODUCTIVE WHEREVER YOU GO
Whether it’s on your iPhone, iPad, or Mac, with MindNode, you stay productive wherever you are. Store your files on iCloud Drive and access them on all your devices.
Use MindNode for free to capture your ideas with actions like editing, rearranging, and folding nodes, as well as importing and exporting files.
• Capture: grow your thoughts into fully-fledged ideas
• Fold branches: keep your documents organized
• Import: FreeMind, MindManager, iThoughts, plain text, RTF, CSV, OPML, Markdown, TextBundle
• Export: plain text, RTF, CSV, OPML, PDF, PNG image, Markdown, TextBundle, TaskPaper, FreeMind
MindNode Plus is a cross-platform subscription for your iPhone, iPad, and Mac. It unlocks all of MindNode’s features like Outlining, Visual Tags, Focus Mode, Notes, Themes, Stickers, Connections, and much more. MindNode Plus is available as a monthly and a yearly subscription. Try out all of MindNode’s features with a free 14-day trial.
• Collect everything: add text, images, and links to nodes
• Outlining: create your document using a hierarchical, organized approach
• Visual Tags: tag your thoughts for more context, highlight tags to see new relationships
• Notes: keep your mind map easy to read without losing a single detail
• Connections: connect nodes on different branches
• Tasks: turn your thoughts into actions
• Quick Entry: just start typing to collect thoughts
• Themes: beautiful out-of-the-box themes and unlimited personal themes
• Images: insert your own images and annotate them
• Stickers: 260+ hand-crafted stickers with adjustable colors
• Styling: rich styling options for every single part of your mind map
• Layouts: top-down and horizontal
• Focus Mode: put a spotlight on a single branch
• Dark Mode: for when your thoughts come at night
• Share Tasks: to Apple Reminders, Things, and OmniFocus
WHAT OTHERS SAY ABOUT MINDNODE
“The app keeps out of your way, so it doesn’t interrupt your thought processes.”
– New York Times
“An app on the cutting edge of iOS design and technologies.”
“Slowly grow and track your ideas, connecting nodes to help you better conceptualize your idea or thoughts.”
Reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and on Twitter (@mindnode). Let us know if you have any questions or issues. We’re always glad to help.
Terms of Service: https://mindnode.com/terms
• Added the option to export documents in specific MindNode file format versions to ensure compatibility across devices
• Fixed a bug that would result in wrong colors being used for hierarchical themes, after nodes have been reordered
• Better preserve existing font sizes and attributes, when applying a new theme
• Adjusted the font size of node titles when rewiring them on the canvas to better match the font size at this level
• Copy the style of existing cross connections, when creating a new one
• Improved task and notes indicators contrast
• Improved node deletion behavior in outline during title editing
• Fixed incorrectly ordered entries in Outline Export to PDF
• Fixed a bug that prevented connection endpoint from re-attaching onto other nodes
• Fixed a bug that made it hard to interact with connection knobs
• Fixed a bug in smart link detection
• Fixed a typo in the "Magnifying Glass" sticker name, causing it to be ignored
• Fixed a crash in relation to updating the appearance of the App Store page after a subscription purchase
• Added our new team member Jessica to the credits
Ratings and Reviews
Articulating a complex idea can be a challenge, but fortunately MindNode—which simplifies a technique known as mind-mapping—can make the process a whole lot easier. The app lets you create a diagram where an overarching idea branches off into related ones. You’ll be able to zero in on specifics and zoom out to see the entire concept in all its complexity.
Essential productivity app
MindNode has been my spatial planning tool of choice since Version 4. Now V6 has been released with some important updates, at no charge for recent V5 purchasers. One feature that I specifically requested is being able to edit multiple items on iPad like the Mac OS app. Thank you for listening and adding this feature. Of course I appreciate the free update; I’m also good with purchasing major upgrades when the time comes. Just keep doing what you do best. Here are a few quick comments about the product. It has been rock solid with a very uncluttered UI. Import / export modes simplify moving data between apps and quickly creating a complex mind map in MindNode. Theme chooser and outline view work great and stay out of the way until needed. Kudos
Update: This is still an excellent app. There are a few features that would make it even better. First, the ability to copy and paste object styles. Second, the ability to assign horizontal and vertical layouts per level; I would like an org chart layout that is horizontal at the top and vertical below each branch for example.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for this amazing review!! ❤️
A great program but Be careful if you use this with iCloud
I have been using this program since it was first introduced. Until now I have used it for every condition where I needed to relate unrelated things. As promised, I am rewriting my review since the app support people discovered that my problems are not caused by this app. I had begun using iCloud with all my MindNode documents. One document, in particular, I updated daily and frequently updated from different devices. My problem occurred because iCloud did not handle my more complex documents property. Worse than wrecking my document, iCloud is set up to delete any documents that iCloud does not control. So if I turn off iCloud from holding and updating my MindNode documents I cannot recover them to my local device (iPad or iPhone). There are tricks I could play to keep or recover a single document, but I have over 30 MindNode documents so that is impractical.
The MindNode support staff were extremely helpful and emailed me with questions until they narrowed the problem to iCloud. From there they had no suggestions except to not keep my documents in the cloud. I will continue to use MindNode if or when I can get my documents back, but I won’t create new documents or update existing ones until iCloud is out of the picture.
Solved my iCloud issue by emailing my MindNode documents to myself. Then turned iCloud off.
Developer Response ,
Again, very sorry we couldn't be of more help! Hope you have lovely holidays! Regards,
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- IdeasOnCanvas GmbH
- 111.6 MB
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 15.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
English, Arabic, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2022 IdeasOnCanvas GmbH
- In-App Purchases
- Monthly Subscription $2.99
- Yearly Subscription $19.99
- Legacy Subscription (6) $19.99
- Legacy Subscription (12) $19.99
Some in‑app purchases, including subscriptions, may be shareable with your family group when Family Sharing is enabled.